Why did Jeff Gordon win more money than Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Talladega?

Oct 9, 2008 Full story: NASCAR Nuts & Bolts 188

I got a question yesterday from reader, Scott, asking how the winnings from races are determined.

Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Susie

Rome, Italy

#187 Apr 15, 2009
He's better.
kimble slice

Charleston, WV

#188 Apr 23, 2009
jr. makes his money by driving the best car out on the track and driving perfectly. jeff gordon is just a lazy fairy flamed faghe claimed to be the best when he beat sr.s record of 77 wins if so why did everyone throw beer cans at him.
sandles

Philadelphia, PA

#190 Apr 27, 2009
He didn't make more money.
Motorsports Nascar Gear

Muskego, WI

#191 Apr 29, 2009
Great Prices on Nascar Products
at www.motorsports-nascar.com

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#192 Apr 29, 2009
Motorsports Nascar Gear wrote:
Great Prices on Nascar Products
at www.motorsports-nascar.com
Since when do posters advertise on here?

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#193 Apr 29, 2009
So many people love Jr. because he is the exact opposite of his father. He's his own person and not trying to live of being a copy of his father as much as some folks want him to. Jr. is a clean driver and doesn't try to use the intimidator his father did. Most of the wannabe bad asses that followed Sr. have moved on to Kyle Busch but Shrub is just a big POS and can't live up to the image.

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#194 Apr 29, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
So many people love Jr. because he is the exact opposite of his father. He's his own person and not trying to live of being a copy of his father as much as some folks want him to. Jr. is a clean driver and doesn't try to use the intimidator his father did. Most of the wannabe bad asses that followed Sr. have moved on to Kyle Busch but Shrub is just a big POS and can't live up to the image.
He's only a POS to you because he knows how to win in everything he gets into and Jeff Can't.
race fan

United States

#195 Apr 29, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
Could not have said it better myself, you are exactly right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Newman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... Sep '14 john 1
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling (Sep '13) Sep '13 Manic 2 41
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR (Aug '13) Aug '13 snow 86
After strong qualifying effort in Brickyard 400... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Debrobeadean 1
Austin Dillon wins truck race at Eldora (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
More from around the web