Why did Jeff Gordon win more money than Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Talladega?

Oct 9, 2008 Full story: NASCAR Nuts & Bolts 188

I got a question yesterday from reader, Scott, asking how the winnings from races are determined.

Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
screwball

AOL

#1 Oct 9, 2008
jeff is a fourtime champion and has won more races then any outher driver out there .he just isn,t driving anymore because he makes more money by letting jimmy win because he is an owner of jimmys car.actually thats fraud .because this is supposed to be racing ,not entertainment.
ceder

Fort Frances, Canada

#2 Mar 2, 2009
he's better
Because

Katy, TX

#3 Mar 2, 2009
Dale Earnhardt Jr doesn't have half the talent Jeff Gordon has. He doesn't win like Gordon does and he hasn't got even one championship, while Gordon has four. In short, Dale Jr sux.

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

#4 Mar 2, 2009
Because wrote:
Dale Earnhardt Jr doesn't have half the talent Jeff Gordon has. He doesn't win like Gordon does and he hasn't got even one championship, while Gordon has four. In short, Dale Jr sux.
Haven't seen GORDAN do much lately

Charlotte, NC

#5 Mar 2, 2009
Gordan said just yesterday that he has been LAzy. Poor excuse if you ask me
Whoyakidding

Cary, NC

#6 Mar 2, 2009
Ceder, that must be the type of wood his head is made from to have gone back to Oct 08 and to find this thread and bring it back up.
cindy

Calabash, NC

#7 Mar 2, 2009
Because said it best of all.So very true.

Charlotte, NC

#8 Mar 2, 2009
cindy wrote:
Because said it best of all.So very true.
Because = Cindy..lmao..Thanks for the skittles...yummy

Charlotte, NC

#9 Mar 2, 2009
Because wrote:
Funny how I read this post and thought of you.
cindy

Calabash, NC

#10 Mar 2, 2009
Iam sorry but I try to agree with smart people. And because hit the nail on the head.

Charlotte, NC

#11 Mar 2, 2009
cindy wrote:
Iam sorry but I try to agree with smart people. And because hit the nail on the head.
lol..Oh, I see
REFUSE2LOSE

Monroe, NY

#12 Mar 2, 2009
JADE-88 wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't seen GORDAN do much lately
He is the current points leader!!! Guess thats not much

Charlotte, NC

#13 Mar 2, 2009
REFUSE2LOSE wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the current points leader!!! Guess thats not much
no not really.Not at this point in the game.I'm not a Gordon hater.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14 Mar 2, 2009
Because wrote:
Well Dale Jr made 12 million more than Jimmie last year and 5 million more than Jeff. I don't think 35 million sux's to bad .
When your the most popular driver sponsors and
Merchandising pays big time. Check with Forbes
they have the top 10 listed along with a picture....
cindy

Calabash, NC

#15 Mar 2, 2009
He sells hats and tee shirts people.BECAUSE HIS FATHER WAS 7 TIME WINSTON CUP CHAMPION. Get real.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#16 Mar 2, 2009
cindy wrote:
He sells hats and tee shirts people.BECAUSE HIS FATHER WAS 7 TIME WINSTON CUP CHAMPION. Get real.
Well most drivers do sell shirts and hats and many other things.For real.

Charlotte, NC

#17 Mar 2, 2009
cindy wrote:
Those t-shirts say Jr on them not Sr.You can still by Sr stuff.So what's your point?
cindy

Calabash, NC

#18 Mar 2, 2009
because JR is on the race track driving around. And I still buy Dale SR things.But the point is. I will type slow so you can understand me. JR IS ONLY THERE BECAUSE OF HIS FATHER.

Charlotte, NC

#19 Mar 2, 2009
cindy wrote:
because JR is on the race track driving around. And I still buy Dale SR things.But the point is. I will type slow so you can understand me. JR IS ONLY THERE BECAUSE OF HIS FATHER.
Well I will repeat Kyle is probably there because his brother opened that door for him.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

#20 Mar 2, 2009
Jade-88 is so right. Jr.'s name is on those shirts, caps, etc. not Sr. People buy his merchandise for many reasons. They like his style of driving, he's FINE, they relate to him, etc. It has nothing to do with his daddy. People like to hate on Jr. because he's rich, famous, talented, and good looking. Keep hating cuz' I'm sure he could care less.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Newman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... Sep '14 john 1
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling (Sep '13) Sep '13 Manic 2 41
Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
Kurt Busch may be fourth car for SHR (Aug '13) Aug '13 snow 86
After strong qualifying effort in Brickyard 400... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Debrobeadean 1
Austin Dillon wins truck race at Eldora (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jusy_Sayn 2

Ryan Newman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE