Stewart, Newman not always best of buds

Stewart, Newman not always best of buds

There are 8 comments on the www.nascar.com story from May 28, 2009, titled Stewart, Newman not always best of buds. In it, www.nascar.com reports that:

In their first season as teammates, Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman have exceeded expectations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nascar.com.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#2 May 28, 2009
Its just racing wrote:
Didn't Tony pull that one Monday with Ruiteman. He thought Ruiteman should pull over and give in to Tony. After tony cooled down he saw how stupid that was. Tony was a big ego as does Newman the only thing with Newman he's not in your face about it. Anyway you look at it Stewart and Newman are having a great year.
I think the circumstances in 2003 were a little different. Tony was trying to get back on the lead lap and this was before the lucky dog, so Newman didn't let him back on the lead lap.

Last week, was more of a, "You're in everyone's way" thing. It's a little different.

Newman is Mr. Laid Back. I like that.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#3 May 28, 2009
Its just racing wrote:
Didn't Tony pull that one Monday with Ruiteman. He thought Ruiteman should pull over and give in to Tony. After tony cooled down he saw how stupid that was. Tony was a big ego as does Newman the only thing with Newman he's not in your face about it. Anyway you look at it Stewart and Newman are having a great year.
I don't believe that TS was expecting Ruetimann(sp)
to give in to him. I think it was friendly advice give with the best of intentions. The fact that R won wasn't in TS face as it was CC call over the weather. It happened to be the right call. That's all.
You are right though that, together TS and RN are having a great year.
Kahnes girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jun 2, 2009
Ryan Newman has an average finish over the last nine races is 7.2. To put that in perspective, Jimmie Johnson won last year's 10 race Chase with an average finish of 6.3.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#5 Jun 2, 2009
Don't you think that the Stewart/Newman relationship is the making of better racing? They BOTH want that 1st SHR win. Just pushes them both harder, IMO.

I love watching both of them!
Madison

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 2, 2009
I'd kill to see that smack down. Two Sumo wrestlers going at it.

“Im bad, really really bad”

Since: Dec 06

Mooresville, NC

#7 Jun 2, 2009
14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the circumstances in 2003 were a little different. Tony was trying to get back on the lead lap and this was before the lucky dog, so Newman didn't let him back on the lead lap.
Last week, was more of a, "You're in everyone's way" thing. It's a little different.
Newman is Mr. Laid Back. I like that.
If they're talking about Dover 2003, I was there. Tony almost went after Matt Borland, and called Ryan Newman a little arrogant shyt.
ASHLEY

Santiago, Chile

#8 Jun 5, 2009
Maro wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're talking about Dover 2003, I was there. Tony almost went after Matt Borland, and called Ryan Newman a little arrogant shyt.
PIPEHEAD
Sarah

Seattle, WA

#9 Jun 5, 2009
Kahnes girl wrote:
Ryan Newman has an average finish over the last nine races is 7.2. To put that in perspective, Jimmie Johnson won last year's 10 race Chase with an average finish of 6.3.
All I know is Stewart is first in points. That's all that matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Newman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 6.0-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Northern Chile (Apr '15) Apr '15 mike tirico 2
News Is NASCAR entering fight era? Intensity plus ag... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkerTrain24 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
News Fantasy NASCAR at Richmond 2014: Picks, Top Dri... (Sep '14) Sep '14 john 1
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 tell me someone 7
News Reaction of Stewart-Haas Racing on NASCAR ruling (Sep '13) Sep '13 Manic 2 41
News Bowyer denies intentional spinout at Richmond race (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kelly 2
More from around the web