Texas Motor Speedway Has Come a Long ...

Texas Motor Speedway Has Come a Long Way

There are 35 comments on the The Associated Press story from Nov 1, 2006, titled Texas Motor Speedway Has Come a Long Way . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

There was a 13-car wreck in the first turn on the first lap of the first race. And the transition onto the frontstretch was tight and treacherous.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mindy

Scotts Valley, CA

#21 Nov 2, 2006
RebelChild48 wrote:
<quoted text>9:45 P.M.....just wanted see how long this would take to get posted! Just an Experiment.....peace
well it's 9:24 pm exactly...
PATRICK DERBY KS

United States

#22 Nov 3, 2006
Go Dale Jr!
PATRICK DERBY KS

United States

#23 Nov 3, 2006
GO DALE JR!
Combustible

Fort Worth, TX

#24 Nov 3, 2006
What a beautiful day at the track!! Your worst day at the track is your best day anywhere else...nice fall day, track is now 10 yrs old and 196 MPH takes the pole!!! Terry Labonte was given the red carpet treatment (and rightfully deserved)...what a beautiful car (am hoping TV does it justice).

Lots of Brats, Beer, Boys, Butts and Boobies...the Killer B's!! LOL Have a Great Race Weekend!!
win jimmy 48

Hastings, MI

#25 Nov 3, 2006
RebelChild48 wrote:
<quoted text>"Left On",Yep they are the best of "Nascar"!Two really down to earth guys!I sure am "pulling" for My "Jimmie"!,just cant wait until next weeks race! We will be there!Whoooo-Yeahhhhhh!.....pe ace
Hey, Jimmie qualified #5 and Burton,Kenseth, and Harvick are way---back there. I hope this is a good thing. Jimmie can do it and will do it.....GO JIMMIE FOR THE CUP!!!!!Bring on HOMESTEAD!!!!!!!!!!
RebelChild48

Scottsdale, AZ

#26 Nov 3, 2006
Combustible wrote:
What a beautiful day at the track!! Your worst day at the track is your best day anywhere else...nice fall day, track is now 10 yrs old and 196 MPH takes the pole!!! Terry Labonte was given the red carpet treatment (and rightfully deserved)...what a beautiful car (am hoping TV does it justice).
Lots of Brats, Beer, Boys, Butts and Boobies...the Killer B's!! LOL Have a Great Race Weekend!!
Awesome!It sounds like you are enjoying it! I cant wait till next weekend! Thats My Nascar Party weekend!Have a good time!Sounds like you are!...(blow jj a little kiss for me)and I dont mean "yelley"! he he!....peace
RebelChild48

Scottsdale, AZ

#27 Nov 3, 2006
win jimmy 48 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, Jimmie qualified #5 and Burton,Kenseth, and Harvick are way---back there. I hope this is a good thing. Jimmie can do it and will do it.....GO JIMMIE FOR THE CUP!!!!!Bring on HOMESTEAD!!!!!!!!!!
Yep! He can Do it! Take "Texass"and Bring it home to PIR !!! Then to "Homestead"!!!!DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT BABY!!!GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO #48 "TEAMJJ"ALL THE WAY!!!! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!.....peace
Snow

United States

#28 Nov 3, 2006
PATRICK DERBY KS wrote:
GO DALE JR!
Yes you go Junior...Stop worrying about your sore throat and take something besides Tylenol.. Get that #8 car in the winners circle.....Indy Brew Crew
rooting for you........We need a good finish....
poster

Warner Robins, GA

#29 Nov 3, 2006
post this
Combustible

Fort Worth, TX

#31 Nov 3, 2006
RebelChild48 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep! He can Do it! Take "Texass"and Bring it home to PIR !!! Then to "Homestead"!!!!DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT BABY!!!GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO #48 "TEAMJJ"ALL THE WAY!!!! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!.....peace
Had a great time...but don't have tickets for Saturday or Sunday, we live about 5 miles from the track. I know you are getting excited about next week. Race weekends are the best...especially when shared with friends.

Hendrick and Everham cars very strong today, and the one to watch may be Kyle Busch. He qualified very early before track cooled down and was stout in practice. Again, Best of Luck to All of the Drivers!!
Snow

United States

#32 Nov 3, 2006
poster wrote:
post this
post what???
RebelChild48

Scottsdale, AZ

#33 Nov 3, 2006
Combustible wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a great time...but don't have tickets for Saturday or Sunday, we live about 5 miles from the track. I know you are getting excited about next week. Race weekends are the best...especially when shared with friends.
Hendrick and Everham cars very strong today, and the one to watch may be Kyle Busch. He qualified very early before track cooled down and was stout in practice. Again, Best of Luck to All of the Drivers!!
Yes I know !I have this "Nascar Attack"2 times a year!Couldnt take it in person any more than that!Well maybe I could!And All our "Nascar"friends are all excited! Alot of our friends will be on "The Hill"!We are famous for the hill!here in Arizona!If you can pack a couch,recliners whatever you can pack up you allowed to set on !It cost $25.00 and you can camp out!But I know they will find there way down the hill and be hungry!I cook alot and there is one thing you wont hear at a Nascar Race as long as we are there,"Im Hungry"!We stay the 9th-12th!and its going to be warm weather!It was 88'here today!and no rain in sight!Im so "Excited"!!!and you all are probaly going to be glad i will be off line for 4 days!(snicker).....Just Love My JimmiE and Nascar!.....peace
RebelChild48

Scottsdale, AZ

#34 Nov 3, 2006
Snow wrote:
<quoted text> post what???
You know "Snow"This!...LOL... .peace
Combustible

Fort Worth, TX

#35 Nov 4, 2006
RebelChild48 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I know !I have this "Nascar Attack"2 times a year!Couldnt take it in person any more than that!Well maybe I could!And All our "Nascar"friends are all excited! Alot of our friends will be on "The Hill"!We are famous for the hill!here in Arizona!If you can pack a couch,recliners whatever you can pack up you allowed to set on !It cost $25.00 and you can camp out!But I know they will find there way down the hill and be hungry!I cook alot and there is one thing you wont hear at a Nascar Race as long as we are there,"Im Hungry"!We stay the 9th-12th!and its going to be warm weather!It was 88'here today!and no rain in sight!Im so "Excited"!!!and you all are probaly going to be glad i will be off line for 4 days!(snicker).....Just Love My JimmiE and Nascar!.....peace
Great post! Very well said and I totally agree...those 3 or 4 days when the NASCAR show is in town is our little slice of heaven. Best spent with friends, who share in the joy of the event. When in Kansas, tailgate with about 20 or so friends for 3 days non-stop. Everyone eats, laughs, drinks and "cares" about each other just a little more than when we started. "The Hill" must be awesome, heard alot of good things about it! Here's (raising my shot glass) to your weekend in the sun!! Heard the rain here in Texas isn't suppose to get here until after the race on Sunday. Yesterday was perfect, blue sky, light wind and TONS of tailgatting. Be Well!
RebelChild48

Scottsdale, AZ

#36 Nov 4, 2006
Combustible wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post! Very well said and I totally agree...those 3 or 4 days when the NASCAR show is in town is our little slice of heaven. Best spent with friends, who share in the joy of the event. When in Kansas, tailgate with about 20 or so friends for 3 days non-stop. Everyone eats, laughs, drinks and "cares" about each other just a little more than when we started. "The Hill" must be awesome, heard alot of good things about it! Here's (raising my shot glass) to your weekend in the sun!! Heard the rain here in Texas isn't suppose to get here until after the race on Sunday. Yesterday was perfect, blue sky, light wind and TONS of tailgatting. Be Well!
Tippys Back to you My friend!Yep there will be about a total of 50 or 60 of us hell-raisers!We dont care who you "Pull" for we all are there for one purpose!To enjoy Nascar and have "Way to much fun"!I have friends who pull for other drivers than my Jimmie,but we dont care...just stop by my 5th wheel pull up a chair grab a dog and "pop a Top'!The Hill is Awesome!No bashing and No Haters at Nascar City!Thats what I love!we love them all! and I love having the chance to meet so many people from all over the USA!Got "My Vibe On"for my Jimmie and all the drivers to just race and be safe!......peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rusty Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nascar Notes: Rusty Wallace holds court (Feb '13) Feb '13 frank 1
News NASCAR: Rusty Wallace coming back to Nationwide... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Hilton Head 6
News NASCAR Hall of Fame welcomes 5 stock car racing... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ford Man 3
rare item im trying to price (Nov '12) Nov '12 twodog4 1
News Rusty Wallace shuts down his NASCAR Nationwide ... (Jan '12) Jun '12 acrim 10
News Wallace thinks it's time to shorten NASCAR season (May '12) May '12 acrim 3
Disappointing endorsement of LOANMAX (Nov '09) Dec '11 Tim 3
More from around the web