Jarrett Replaces Wallace in ESPN NASC...

Jarrett Replaces Wallace in ESPN NASCAR Booth

There are 11 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Jarrett Replaces Wallace in ESPN NASCAR Booth. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

ESPN said Dale Jarrett will replace Rusty Wallace in the booth this season for coverage of NASCAR and Wallace will become the lead analyst for the network's studio programs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

patricia parker

Auburn, CA

#1 Jan 25, 2008
ill sure miss dale jarrett racing im a mmember of his fan club.
Junior Nation

United States

#2 Jan 25, 2008
I'm going to miss him racin' too. What a class act. I hope he does a better job than Rusty.. but of course that won't be too hard.

“I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!”

Since: Jan 08

SEATTLE

#3 Jan 25, 2008
I never could get into NASCAR. Nothing about is even cool. I'd rather watch Camel Racing than NASCAR. Just my 2 cents.

“ah! kitty love!”

Since: Dec 07

Placer Co, CA

#4 Jan 25, 2008
Dale Jarrett - seems like he'd be good in the NASCAR booth.

I'd rather listen to him than Jeff Gordon, that is for certain.
RW fan 4Ever

Johns Island, SC

#5 Feb 7, 2008
I thought Rusty did a great job in the booth. He has plenty of personality and is able to convey to the audience exactly how the driver feels in any situation.
I am not looking forward to hearing Jarrett say, "Ah, Ah". He's as boring as his father was in the booth. The only thing I recall of Ned was that he could be counted on to let the audience know how "DJ's" car was performing.
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#6 Feb 7, 2008
The only commentator that can say "ah" more times than Dale Jarrett is David Poole on the "Morning Drive" show on Sirius radio. At least Dale doesn't use the term "I mean" and "you know" a million times in a simple sentence like David does. David Poole maybe a good sports writer but He is absolute the worse commentator I have ever heard. He makes my ears hurt listening to him struggle to express himself.
WWE NASCAR

Newtown, CT

#7 Feb 7, 2008
I hope he's better in the booth than he was in the car.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#8 Feb 7, 2008
I miss Benny Parsons

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#9 Feb 7, 2008
Works for me!! I wasn't much of a Wallace fan anyhow. He irritated me in the then Busch series always talking about Stephen, he wasn't even subtle. I like Dale Jarrett and I think we need a fresh perspective.
ESPN just sucks so anything will be an improvement I hope.

Hey Family Guy, While we're being completely honest I bet you'd rather ride that camel too!(Just my 2 cents) Be careful, either way you have a pretty good chance at being spit at or on.

Joanie, I agree I miss BP! God Bless Him!

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#10 Feb 7, 2008
Tamara24 wrote:
Works for me!! I wasn't much of a Wallace fan anyhow. He irritated me in the then Busch series always talking about Stephen, he wasn't even subtle. I like Dale Jarrett and I think we need a fresh perspective.
ESPN just sucks so anything will be an improvement I hope.
Hey Family Guy, While we're being completely honest I bet you'd rather ride that camel too!(Just my 2 cents) Be careful, either way you have a pretty good chance at being spit at or on.
Joanie, I agree I miss BP! God Bless Him!
OMG Tam,you crack me up! ROFLMAO!

“Kendra is my Love.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11 Feb 7, 2008
Man for the past 2 to 3 years ive been going for Jarrett and when he went for toyota for two years i was all with him. i thought well toyota will have one year to learn and then the last to start winning some more before he retires. it will be good to see him in the booth... at least we can still see him. Hopefully when we go to races he can still see us with the number 44 on the back of our shirts and the sponser UPS on the front.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rusty Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Racer's all revved up for new job (Jan '06) Jan '17 AutoPharts 2
News Nascar Notes: Rusty Wallace holds court (Feb '13) Feb '13 frank 1
News NASCAR: Rusty Wallace coming back to Nationwide... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Hilton Head 6
News NASCAR Hall of Fame welcomes 5 stock car racing... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ford Man 3
rare item im trying to price (Nov '12) Nov '12 twodog4 1
News Rusty Wallace shuts down his NASCAR Nationwide ... (Jan '12) Jun '12 acrim 10
News Wallace thinks it's time to shorten NASCAR season (May '12) May '12 acrim 3
More from around the web