Rusty Wallace says Dale Earnhardt Jr....

Rusty Wallace says Dale Earnhardt Jr. is good, not great

There are 439 comments on the blogs.orlandosentinel.com story from Nov 8, 2008, titled Rusty Wallace says Dale Earnhardt Jr. is good, not great. In it, blogs.orlandosentinel.com reports that:

From the Daytona 500 to the season finale and beyond, look here for the laters NASCAR news and analysis from the Orlando Sentinel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.orlandosentinel.com.

First Prev
of 22
Next Last

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#430 Dec 6, 2008
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Rusty fan, that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says, and am now a Kurt fan ( I couldn't help following that blue #2). The true messure of a fan isn't when he's winning but in the lean years.
I agree completely. a True fan remains loyal even when their driver isn't doing so hot.
Piecemaker

Las Vegas, NV

#431 Dec 6, 2008
Rusty has forgot more about racing than Tony Jr that's why Little E looks Cheap. I don't think he can come back from this slump without a new crew chief. Rusty could race on anything like little could till he nearly burned down. E's head is messed up from stuff. Rusty had to over come a bad temper. Kyle bush is better than both of them he wins for anyone no matter what he drives.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#432 Dec 6, 2008
Piecemaker wrote:
Rusty has forgot more about racing than Tony Jr that's why Little E looks Cheap. I don't think he can come back from this slump without a new crew chief. Rusty could race on anything like little could till he nearly burned down. E's head is messed up from stuff. Rusty had to over come a bad temper. Kyle bush is better than both of them he wins for anyone no matter what he drives.
Jr does not look cheap. Yes Kyle is better right now, I admit
Piecemaker

Las Vegas, NV

#433 Dec 6, 2008
The top 12 finisher shows he has better equipment but how many drivers below the top twelve could have used E's equipment and kept him out of the Championship run. There's a big misconception that drivers aren't responsible for getting the setup right at every pit stop. If the setup's wrong and you didn't ask for a change to fit your needs then you've cheated yourself. Tony is to stooppud to give E the options before the pit stops and Lil E doesn't have a clue what he needs so he curses everyone else out passing the buck. Listen to all the other drivers at least they respect each other enough to work as a teem. Rusty left the car setup and changes completely to the crew chief but relayed info to him like he wanted to win.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#434 Dec 6, 2008
Piecemaker wrote:
The top 12 finisher shows he has better equipment but how many drivers below the top twelve could have used E's equipment and kept him out of the Championship run. There's a big misconception that drivers aren't responsible for getting the setup right at every pit stop. If the setup's wrong and you didn't ask for a change to fit your needs then you've cheated yourself. Tony is to stooppud to give E the options before the pit stops and Lil E doesn't have a clue what he needs so he curses everyone else out passing the buck. Listen to all the other drivers at least they respect each other enough to work as a teem. Rusty left the car setup and changes completely to the crew chief but relayed info to him like he wanted to win.
Actually, Jr is getting better about relaying information to Tony Jr. He's a lot calmer.
Piecemaker

Las Vegas, NV

#435 Dec 6, 2008
Drivers have a window in which they are capable of their peak performance. If you take four or five years to sort your personality problems out then what do you need to work on?? Is it going to take five or six years for the next personal problem to be cured? I really can't see and E Championship in his life time. I can't see the will to win last over 200 laps. Video games may be his greatest accomplishments. Getting better doesn't make it and can't see his drivers contract to be renewed if Tony remains the crew cheif.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#436 Dec 6, 2008
Piecemaker wrote:
Drivers have a window in which they are capable of their peak performance. If you take four or five years to sort your personality problems out then what do you need to work on?? Is it going to take five or six years for the next personal problem to be cured? I really can't see and E Championship in his life time. I can't see the will to win last over 200 laps. Video games may be his greatest accomplishments. Getting better doesn't make it and can't see his drivers contract to be renewed if Tony remains the crew cheif.
Well, I think you will be wrong.

“Seceeded From Jr Nation”

Since: Dec 08

MIddleburg FL

#437 Dec 6, 2008
ABfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the truth. A true fan sticks by their driver, even when they aren't winning championships. Some people, I's sure you can tell which ones on here, think you should dump your driver and move on.
I support Jr as my favourite, but I follow many of the drivers. If Jr has a DNF, I don't stop watching, I look to my next favourites to win.
I think you should dump Jr for maybe Carl or David Ragan, they are not Kyle Busch and will probably win a Championship before Jr!!

“Seceeded From Jr Nation”

Since: Dec 08

MIddleburg FL

#438 Dec 6, 2008
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name says "99-Lisa-18" but you post as Jr biggest fan...which is it...you can only have 1 driver you know??

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#439 Dec 6, 2008
H88er in Dixie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name says "99-Lisa-18" but you post as Jr biggest fan...which is it...you can only have 1 driver you know??
I don't need to have just one driver, thank you, so please don't tell me or AB who to root for.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#440 Dec 6, 2008
H88er in Dixie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should dump Jr for maybe Carl or David Ragan, they are not Kyle Busch and will probably win a Championship before Jr!!
I think you should not tell people who to root for. It is their business and decision.
dewcrewmama

Dayton, OH

#441 Dec 6, 2008
rusty ought to shut up...and look at his son crash wallace..jr is not a dominate driver but when in the rite equipment is consistent for the most part..which is more than i can say for crash wallace. chrissy is better than he is

Since: Mar 08

Topix Bar & Grill

#442 Dec 6, 2008
H88er in Dixie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I will stick with Jr even if he never sees a cup championship.

By the way, how many Cup championships has Mark Martin won?
Piecemaker

Las Vegas, NV

#443 Dec 6, 2008
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you should be able to have as many heroes as you want even if they finish poorly every week but do it on their own money like some local boys. I hope your right when it comes to Lil E cuz I have $800 worth of little Diecast cars and another $1000 worth of clothes with Lil E on them. My lawn Mower is red with budwieser stickers and an Eight on both sides. You're a Cutey no one can change your polite Mind.

Topix Bar & Grill

#444 Dec 6, 2008
Piecemaker wrote:
So do you think Mark Martin is washed up?

He could of, and should of won the championship not too long ago had he not only raced parttime that one year. He was rockin, but stuck by his decision to only race parttime. I think the man would of had his championship that year and he is no young driver.
Piecemaker

Las Vegas, NV

#445 Dec 6, 2008
ABfan wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you think Mark Martin is washed up?
He could of, and should of won the championship not too long ago had he not only raced parttime that one year. He was rockin, but stuck by his decision to only race parttime. I think the man would of had his championship that year and he is no young driver.
He is by no means washed up. The year he announced his retirement If you remember right they had ran him ragged trying to set up everything for the new cars and his teem plus the other teems including the trucks. He was tired and assumed he was old. I liked Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Ward Burton, Bobby Labonte and Lil E for running clean and still winning. Everyone else uses the bump and run to pass that's why they will continue to be the champs. The Shrubs are the worst but they are fun to watch because they can handle a car better than everyone else. Lots of luck and endurance plus integrity to keep everyone happy is a good equation to win a championship.

Topix Bar & Grill

#446 Dec 6, 2008
Piecemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
He is by no means washed up. The year he announced his retirement If you remember right they had ran him ragged trying to set up everything for the new cars and his teem plus the other teems including the trucks. He was tired and assumed he was old. I liked Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, Ward Burton, Bobby Labonte and Lil E for running clean and still winning. Everyone else uses the bump and run to pass that's why they will continue to be the champs. The Shrubs are the worst but they are fun to watch because they can handle a car better than everyone else. Lots of luck and endurance plus integrity to keep everyone happy is a good equation to win a championship.
I agree, I to love the drivers you posted and the reasons. They are great men. Mark Martin has and always will be a favourite of mine. I so wanted to see him win the championship. I understand his reasons for moving on.

“NascarNation Ryan39”

Since: Apr 07

NascarNation

#447 Dec 6, 2008
Plain Truth wrote:
I have read this thread and have also posted on it and I have often wondered, do any of these people attend races? Do any of these people do anything other than google facts about racing, watch the idiot screen and listen to the great Gospel of the gaggle of NASCAR pundits out there? It is obvious that not many of the Teeny Bopper Throngs have attended many races and most likely none, inside of the outer walls. Well, people, time to leave for Kenly NC to go to Southern National Speedway for the season ending race. You people have a great time quoting your favorite "On TV" Drivers, Owners, pundits and other so called experts on the sport of racing. I will be with people who are part of the real racing world.
Well guess what.I am a fan of Nascar I attend many races,my house is decorated in Nascar,I watch it on TV ,read about in papers and the internet so you can not say all on this thread do not attend races.Lighten up will ya?And yes I do know a lot about Nascar
Piecemaker

Las Vegas, NV

#448 Dec 6, 2008
AS nascar becomes more tightly controlled by Mike Helton the less races I've Gone to. Two years now without going to one or giving tickets to anyone as Gifts. the tracks that made nascar what it is today are being abandoned with no loyality what so ever. The Baseball strike Broke me of any need to watch baseball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rusty Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nascar Notes: Rusty Wallace holds court (Feb '13) Feb '13 frank 1
News NASCAR: Rusty Wallace coming back to Nationwide... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Hilton Head 6
News NASCAR Hall of Fame welcomes 5 stock car racing... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ford Man 3
rare item im trying to price (Nov '12) Nov '12 twodog4 1
News Rusty Wallace shuts down his NASCAR Nationwide ... (Jan '12) Jun '12 acrim 10
News Wallace thinks it's time to shorten NASCAR season (May '12) May '12 acrim 3
Disappointing endorsement of LOANMAX (Nov '09) Dec '11 Tim 3
More from around the web