Rusty Wallace says Dale Earnhardt Jr....

Rusty Wallace says Dale Earnhardt Jr. is good, not great

There are 439 comments on the blogs.orlandosentinel.com story from Nov 8, 2008, titled Rusty Wallace says Dale Earnhardt Jr. is good, not great. In it, blogs.orlandosentinel.com reports that:

From the Daytona 500 to the season finale and beyond, look here for the laters NASCAR news and analysis from the Orlando Sentinel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.orlandosentinel.com.

First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Greenfield, IN

#1 Nov 8, 2008
Who asked him anyways?
CND BILL FAN

Delhi, Canada

#2 Nov 8, 2008
Rusty wasn't as great as he thinks he is.
Les2

Cortland, OH

#3 Nov 8, 2008
Good to see someone in the media/nascar had the balls to tell the truth!

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#4 Nov 8, 2008
Les2 wrote:
Good to see someone in the media/nascar had the balls to tell the truth!
No it's just Rusty being a loudmouth as usual. Us Jr fans know he is not the greatest.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 8, 2008
CND BILL FAN wrote:
Let's see....
55 wins, 1 championship, 2 seconds

In 1989, he won 6 of 29 races.
In 1993, he won 10 of 30 races.
In 1994, he won 8 of 31 races.

He may not be the greatest, but he was pretty damn good.

Since: Feb 07

Juárez, Mexico

#6 Nov 8, 2008
CND BILL FAN wrote:
Well, I'm not a Rusty fan but he is ranked 6th all time in wins (55) on the senior circuit. Not to shabby The nearest active driver is Johnson, I think, with 39 wins so he will stay there for awhile. He does have some credibility. Also, color commentators are paid to give their opinions as long as they are not outlandish, which I don't think his was. Also, I agree with him--Jr. has 18 wins, below Tony, below Johnson and way below Gordon but he is tied with Kurt so ????

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#7 Nov 8, 2008
Rich Brannon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not a Rusty fan but he is ranked 6th all time in wins (55) on the senior circuit. Not to shabby The nearest active driver is Johnson, I think, with 39 wins so he will stay there for awhile. He does have some credibility. Also, color commentators are paid to give their opinions as long as they are not outlandish, which I don't think his was. Also, I agree with him--Jr. has 18 wins, below Tony, below Johnson and way below Gordon but he is tied with Kurt so ????
Us Jr fans stick by our driver regardless of wins column.

Since: Feb 07

Juárez, Mexico

#8 Nov 8, 2008
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
<quoted text>
Us Jr fans stick by our driver regardless of wins column.
And I admire that with the real Jr. fans. But, there are many so-called Jr. fans that think he is the greatest driver on the track. As you said, real fans accept their driver/team/etc no matter how well he/she/they do in all sports. I mean, the Detroit Lions still have their many many fans that show up every Sun.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#9 Nov 8, 2008
Rich Brannon wrote:
<quoted text>
And I admire that with the real Jr. fans. But, there are many so-called Jr. fans that think he is the greatest driver on the track. As you said, real fans accept their driver/team/etc no matter how well he/she/they do in all sports. I mean, the Detroit Lions still have their many many fans that show up every Sun.
Amen to that.

Topix Bar & Grill

#10 Nov 8, 2008
Rich Brannon wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what makes sports exciting. Every team has it's fan base, regardless of how they are doing.

I won't dump Jr, just because he doesn't have a championship. He got in the chase this year, and that was enough for me to be happy for him and his fan base.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#11 Nov 8, 2008
Hi AB

Topix Bar & Grill

#12 Nov 8, 2008
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
Hi AB
Hello, how is your weekend so far? Mine is busy with work, as usual lol.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#13 Nov 8, 2008
ABfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, how is your weekend so far? Mine is busy with work, as usual lol.
My weekends great. Don't work too hard now, lol.

Since: Sep 08

Middleburg, PA

#14 Nov 8, 2008
crusty rusty, go crawl back in your hole!
Rusty Sux

United States

#15 Nov 8, 2008
There can only be one number one. The rest blend in. With the mentality that the best is all that matters then Richard Petty is the best and the others don't matter or shouldn't.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#16 Nov 9, 2008
Well Rusty with what you have driving your cars you just need to keep your mouth Shut. Your Son is nothing to brag about. He usually takes someone
out of the race quite often. He needs to keep his eyes open and you Rusty need to keep your mouth shut.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#17 Nov 9, 2008
snow wrote:
Well Rusty with what you have driving your cars you just need to keep your mouth Shut. Your Son is nothing to brag about. He usually takes someone
out of the race quite often. He needs to keep his eyes open and you Rusty need to keep your mouth shut.
I can't imagine putting a kid in a race car that has Tourettes syndrome. What the hell is up with that? he can't keep his eyes open and that is why he crashes so much. Nascar needs to step in on this one. I hate to bash the poor kid and it sure as hell is not his fault but he shouldn't be in a race car. His style and condition is more suited for Demolition derby. He would be great at that! Poor kid!
Christy88

United States

#18 Nov 9, 2008
snow wrote:
OMG he takes out someone just about every race he is in,and hell you should see him trying to drive a golf cart,he isnt anybetter I saw him awhile back a the Texas race and he actually hit someone and then he tried to turn to miss another person and almost hit my husband. So looks like Rusty needs to show his son how to drive.

Greenfield, IN

#19 Nov 9, 2008
snow wrote:
Hey Snow did you see they're working in Georgetown Road west of the speedway? Some of the IRL boards have people freaking out over it! Heck they'll get rid of that trailer park and all kinds of nice stuff. I wonder if it'll be done by May! I know one thing they need more parking. We walk all the way from Allisons! For the Brickyard I couldn't park by Allisons so I had to pay 40 bucks to park in someones yard in Speedway! I'm all for it.
http://www.redevelopspeedway.com

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#20 Nov 9, 2008
LGR wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Snow did you see they're working in Georgetown Road west of the speedway? Some of the IRL boards have people freaking out over it! Heck they'll get rid of that trailer park and all kinds of nice stuff. I wonder if it'll be done by May! I know one thing they need more parking. We walk all the way from Allisons! For the Brickyard I couldn't park by Allisons so I had to pay 40 bucks to park in someones yard in Speedway! I'm all for it.
http://www.redevelopspeedway.com
They do need more parking. I do believe they will have that done before May gets here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rusty Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Daytona 500: What we learned during the Great A... Feb '18 RacePhartse 4
News Racer's all revved up for new job (Jan '06) Jan '17 AutoPharts 2
News Nascar Notes: Rusty Wallace holds court (Feb '13) Feb '13 frank 1
News NASCAR: Rusty Wallace coming back to Nationwide... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Hilton Head 6
News NASCAR Hall of Fame welcomes 5 stock car racing... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ford Man 3
rare item im trying to price (Nov '12) Nov '12 twodog4 1
News Rusty Wallace shuts down his NASCAR Nationwide ... (Jan '12) Jun '12 acrim 10