Stremme risked leaving Cup in effort ...

Stremme risked leaving Cup in effort to land better job there

There are 7 comments on the www.scenedaily.com story from Aug 21, 2008, titled Stremme risked leaving Cup in effort to land better job there. In it, www.scenedaily.com reports that:

David Stremme may well have felt that he had arrived back in 2006. He was driving in the NASCAR Cup Series full time for Chip Ganassi Racing, one of a few dozen elite drivers to compete NASCAR's top series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scenedaily.com.

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#1 Aug 21, 2008
I know a lot of people will be unhappy if he doesn't land at Penske next year! I have a different driver I want to land there.
Spike

Portage, MI

#2 Sep 2, 2008
Stremme was cursed with a terrible pit crew, just like his teamates. Gannassee got what he deserved. It would be nice to see David get with a quality organization like Penske !
kimmijo

United States

#3 Sep 4, 2008
Quality? adaquate is more the word.

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#4 Sep 5, 2008
Spike wrote:
Stremme was cursed with a terrible pit crew, just like his teamates. Gannassee got what he deserved. It would be nice to see David get with a quality organization like Penske !
What did he get? I'm confused. Maybe just maybe he let Stremme go because of his lack of wins and performance?
That would be
http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/dstremme00/...

I like Stremme but he's not a force to be wreckoned with out there.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Sep 5, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>What did he get? I'm confused. Maybe just maybe he let Stremme go because of his lack of wins and performance?
That would be
http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/dstremme00/...
I like Stremme but he's not a force to be wreckoned with out there.
You ask what chip got?? He got dumped by most of his sponsors.
Has he even won a race with any of his teams lately??
Juan needs to find him a new home and get away from
the clutches of Chip....jmo The Chipper is not going anyplace in Nascar......

Since: Mar 08

Morris, IL

#6 Sep 5, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text> You ask what chip got?? He got dumped by most of his sponsors.
Has he even won a race with any of his teams lately??
Juan needs to find him a new home and get away from
the clutches of Chip....jmo The Chipper is not going anyplace in Nascar......
Target signed back on I think that's his major sponsor anyways. I still don't see what he got though. He's winning the Indycar championship this weekend, he's up top of the grand am series. He has great drivers what did he get? Unless it's TExaco leaving he had Texaco for a long time sponsorship wise. I admit his teams aren't up to par but neither are half the ones in cup including Penske. Things can change. He has wrigley and he'll find a sponsor for the other 18 races. As long as he had Sebatas and his money bags Ganassi wont go under oh and Target.

Since: Mar 08

Morris, IL

#7 Sep 5, 2008
First change needed is Toyota! Some one let chip now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rusty Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nascar Notes: Rusty Wallace holds court (Feb '13) Feb '13 frank 1
News NASCAR: Rusty Wallace coming back to Nationwide... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Hilton Head 6
News NASCAR Hall of Fame welcomes 5 stock car racing... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Ford Man 3
rare item im trying to price (Nov '12) Nov '12 twodog4 1
News Rusty Wallace shuts down his NASCAR Nationwide ... (Jan '12) Jun '12 acrim 10
News Wallace thinks it's time to shorten NASCAR season (May '12) May '12 acrim 3
Disappointing endorsement of LOANMAX (Nov '09) Dec '11 Tim 3
More from around the web