Earnhardt Jr. crew chief claims season's first Moog Nascar "Problem Solver of the Race" award

Feb 17, 2010 Full story: Motor Age 9

Just when it looked like Dale Earnhardt Jr. was destined for a finish outside the top 10, the #88 Amp Energy/National Guard Chevrolet picked up 14 positions and nearly caught race leader Jamie McMurray in the closing minutes to finish second in Sunday's Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.

Full Story
Mick B

United States

#1 Feb 17, 2010
As far a anyone making any changes to the kids car on Sunday , I doubt it. His car was loose all day. If you listened to the scanner, thats what the conversations were about. Through all the delays red flags and restarts, it got cooler and cooler the outside air and track surface temp. dropped. His"loose" car then tightened up and became raceable. The rest was just Earnhardt being Earnhardt and finally having a good car he could hustle up to the front, in which he did. I very much doubt any magic was involved other that it got cold and the car was finally raceable. But it does prove 1 point if you give the kid a good car, he can be competitive.

Since: Jul 08

Morgantown, WV

#2 Feb 17, 2010
Congrats to Lance. He made a great call to come in and get those tires.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#3 Feb 17, 2010
Mick B wrote:
But it does prove 1 point if you give the kid a good car, he can be competitive.
Not hating, but it doesnt 'prove' anything. That was a rare race with a couple of breaks in between, and a plate race so he he couldn't have done so well without help.

Lets wait til he's on the track for the full duration without breaks and the luck of having the temps change in his favor before claiming he proved something.
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Newtown, CT

#4 Feb 18, 2010
The Moog Problem Solver award should have been given to Jr's oversized restrictor plate.
Bubba Jooonyer

Evansville, IN

#5 Feb 18, 2010
Jooonyer nation is coming out of the woodwork to come up with reasons Lance should not get the award and his name should only be used in a sentence in which he is referred to in a negative manner so anything that occurs in the next 35 races can be blamed on Lance. It was ALL the crew chief's fault for his dismal, pathetic 25th points finish last year, and now the fact that jooonyer was behind cars that were on old tires and HIS CREW CHIEF gave him tires to give him an advantage, is insignificant, and the crew chief still gets no credit while jooonyer is the greatest driver of all time to be the first loser of a race. What else could be expteced of joonyer nation?
GayDale

Holzhausen, Austria

#6 Feb 18, 2010
Jr Dale is much the winner,... of the gay racer of the year awards. I have just finished tea bagging of him and he much enjoyed it.
DragStewie

Albany, CA

#7 Feb 18, 2010
GayDale wrote:
Jr Dale is much the winner,... of the gay racer of the year awards. I have just finished tea bagging of him and he much enjoyed it.
I reemed Stewie earlier it was great. He's not very tight in that area though.
DragStewie

Albany, CA

#8 Feb 18, 2010
Bubba Jooonyer wrote:
Jooonyer nation is coming out of the woodwork to come up with reasons Lance should not get the award and his name should only be used in a sentence in which he is referred to in a negative manner so anything that occurs in the next 35 races can be blamed on Lance. It was ALL the crew chief's fault for his dismal, pathetic 25th points finish last year, and now the fact that jooonyer was behind cars that were on old tires and HIS CREW CHIEF gave him tires to give him an advantage, is insignificant, and the crew chief still gets no credit while jooonyer is the greatest driver of all time to be the first loser of a race. What else could be expteced of joonyer nation?
You're Jooyner Nation no one talks about him and thinks of him more then you. Come on out the closet! We all know it anyways.
Bigkahuna1

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2010
I think it's grand that Lance won that award! The call for 2 tires and the crew's efforts to get him in/out, loosing only 1 spot was fabulous. Then it was up to Jr and the draft and thank you 00 DR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roush Fenway Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roush Fenway Racing Celebrates the Ford Mustang... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Joe Dugan 1
Roush Fenway Racing lays off employees as it do... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Buck Foston 2
'Best-case' for Edwards, Kenseth thanks to rain (Oct '11) Oct '11 FordMan 1
roush fenway package (Aug '11) Aug '11 miracles2011 1
rousch fenway racing package (Jul '11) Jul '11 miracles2011 1
Sprint names top 10 drivers leading fan vote fo... (May '09) May '10 esadlern1fan 6
Earnhardt's winless streak at 59 (Feb '10) Mar '10 UCme 3

Roush Fenway Racing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE