Construction Projects Causing Congestion

Construction Projects Causing Congestion

There are 13 comments on the WFMZ story from Mar 17, 2010, titled Construction Projects Causing Congestion. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Drivers are experiencing some major headaches on a major highway in our area. Two road construction projects are now underway on Route 33 and a third one is in the works.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Jobagofdonuts

Harleysville, PA

#1 Mar 17, 2010
Ron Young the leader of Nitwitts !
Lil Abner

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#2 Mar 17, 2010
In general I would like to think the people in charge of this type of work have some kind of brains. However, when a main highway such as Rt 33 is going to be tied up for the major travel period in PA I have to wonder who the geniuses are that come up with these plans. Yea you can use the Pa turnpike as an alternate. Want to bet there won't be major road work on that beast during the same time period?
Old Man

Allentown, PA

#3 Mar 17, 2010
At least we will get some jobs out out of this work.
The Co. that is doing the work might have to hire 1 or 2 more people. That should keep the valley going, I am impressed. " NOT "
DUH

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 17, 2010
and why is this on the NASCAR FORUM!!!!!!!!!!
annonymous

Allentown, PA

#5 Mar 17, 2010
Ok that is all well and good but why do they need to work on these projects during daytime hours??? Especially rush hour and make things worse as far as traffic back ups. Couln't the construction project be worked on at night when there is significantly less traffic??? Who decides when these projects are to be worked on?? Sometimes I don't think they use their heads!
Winston Smith

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2010
Old Man wrote:
At least we will get some jobs out out of this work.
The Co. that is doing the work might have to hire 1 or 2 more people. That should keep the valley going, I am impressed. " NOT "
You are largely uninformed
the paving job alone will be over
100 jobs that would not have existed
I can't comment on the other jobs however they
are tied to the recovery money
I insist please go drive through the jobs
and get stuck because you deserve it
This is where I call you a bonehead
Que

Allentown, PA

#7 Mar 17, 2010
Road projects = good things.
holly

Allentown, PA

#8 Mar 18, 2010
i agree they shoudl at least consider doing these projects a night when there is not as much traffic i can take the turnpike but i then wil be late for my college classes taking 33 looks to do the same . do the construction at night when its not rush hour and all these cars trying to get through
what

Kernersville, NC

#9 Mar 18, 2010
Que wrote:
Road projects = good things.
Wrong. I-78 ruined the Lehigh Valley YEARS AGO, WHAT DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND?
John

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#10 Mar 18, 2010
It's amazing with the tight budget the state and local government have for fixing our infrastructure and you people are complaining about delays.
You're lucky the state isn't just oil and chipping the roads. I bet you would love that. Stop crying get up earlier or use a different route pretty simple.

Since: Dec 09

Just hanging out.

#11 Mar 18, 2010
We need our roads fixed,

it sounds like a win win situation to me.

Jobs created and better roads.

It's worth the hassle.
Lil Abner

#12 Mar 18, 2010
I don't know what is wrong with the PA system and doing road work at night is only part of the solution. Road work south of the Mason Dickson line (PA,MD) seems to not impose on traffic conditions and keeps traffic moving fairly smoothly as opposed to sitting in a 2 or 3 mile queue (maybe longer) in PA while idiots keep coming down the closed lane and cutting in. Maybe more enforcement or building temporary extra lanes would help.
Lil Abner

#13 Mar 18, 2010
Yea I know Dickson is not the right spelling waiting for the spelling nazis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ron Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Road Crews To Work Around The Clock (Dec '10) Jan '11 Homer Hickem 5
News PennDOT Prepares For Storm - Regional News - Le... (Dec '10) Dec '10 CHUCK NORRIS 11
News Many Schools Begin First Day of Classes with Ch... (Aug '10) Aug '10 annonymous 1
News Finally! This is a few years overdue. (Jun '10) Jun '10 oneeye 3
News Court orders psych tests for sex suspect (Sep '09) Sep '09 Nascar Fan 4
News Can a new bridge in Whitehall be 'functionally ... (Oct '07) May '09 Transportation PE 8
News Why install new guard rails then replace them? (Mar '09) Mar '09 John-27 6
More from around the web