Many Schools Begin First Day of Classes with Changes

Aug 19, 2010 Read more: 5News KFSM
It's a big day for parents, drivers, and students around Arkansas. Public schools begin their new school year today. Read more
annonymous

Fayetteville, AR

#1 Aug 19, 2010
I think the Bentonville school district should have taken a poll on changing their hours. It's great that it helps them save money, but did they consider the impact on parents who work or are single? I also think they need to carefully check their zoning issues as I know several people are very unhappy with being in a correct zone & then having your child bussed to a whole different school. They really need to build or look at this issue carefully. If you live in Mary Mae Jones school zone why are you being sent to the schools that have less than 600 pupils in them on the North side of Hwy 102? Everyone is going on the southside which have over 600 students, something is very wrong with this???? Why can't they rezone & get them all more even in numbers????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ron Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Road Crews To Work Around The Clock (Dec '10) Jan '11 Homer Hickem 5
News PennDOT Prepares For Storm - Regional News - Le... (Dec '10) Dec '10 CHUCK NORRIS 11
News Finally! This is a few years overdue. (Jun '10) Jun '10 oneeye 3
News Construction Projects Causing Congestion (Mar '10) Mar '10 Lil Abner 13
News Court orders psych tests for sex suspect (Sep '09) Sep '09 Nascar Fan 4
News Can a new bridge in Whitehall be 'functionally ... (Oct '07) May '09 Transportation PE 8
News Why install new guard rails then replace them? (Mar '09) Mar '09 John-27 6
More from around the web