"Is the end in sight for Jeff Gordon...

"Is the end in sight for Jeff Gordon's racing days?"

There are 17 comments on the blog.al.com story from Aug 20, 2009, titled "Is the end in sight for Jeff Gordon's racing days?". In it, blog.al.com reports that:

Jeff Gordon. Is the end in sight for Jeff Gordon? Retirement rumors have dogged the four-time Sprint Cup champion for a number of years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blog.al.com.

Grandma 24

Clements, CA

#1 Aug 21, 2009
Why does the public think they should even be discussing this matter? Jeff has always been the very best driver and this has not changed...the last "crashes" were simply awful and when he has had enough racing he will let the public know. In the meantime, as Ella says, "GO PAPA GO"!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#2 Aug 21, 2009
He may be good, but he has to be smart. And people discuss this because they are concerned and want him to be safe and healthy.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 22, 2009
Grandma 24 wrote:
Why does the public think they should even be discussing this matter? Jeff has always been the very best driver and this has not changed...the last "crashes" were simply awful and when he has had enough racing he will let the public know. In the meantime, as Ella says, "GO PAPA GO"!
well you must still b in the 80's time to get up to date grandma lol!!!
Orig24fan

Chico, CA

#5 Aug 22, 2009
If you all listened to his interview a week or so ago...He says he'll be here for at least 5 years! He knows more about his health then we do! You have your work cut out for you tonight in Bristol!

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#6 Aug 22, 2009
Orig24fan wrote:
If you all listened to his interview a week or so ago...He says he'll be here for at least 5 years! He knows more about his health then we do! You have your work cut out for you tonight in Bristol!
i hope he sucs
Anthony

Washington, DC

#7 Aug 28, 2009
I believe Jeff has a battery of the best doctors around him, knowing full well his sponsors are very concerned as well.....Jeff is a husband and now a father and I believe a wealthy man. Why should he continue to race if an accident can render him a cripple. I am sure he and his crew are working with spine experts, I bet his seat is also very special.....As for me, I have watched him and followed him since the start, he is a great, smooth pilot and i would love to see him race for 5 more years, to receive at least three more Championships....Good Luck Jeff !
x jr fan

Dayton, TN

#8 Aug 29, 2009
back problems was the same thing that ended David Pearson's career
gordonfan

United States

#9 Sep 9, 2009
i hope he dont stop.racing would not be the same with out him. I think he is a great driver,I am a fan from the word go my room is nothing but jeff gordon.every thing i find i buy.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#10 Sep 10, 2009
gordonfan wrote:
i hope he dont stop.racing would not be the same with out him. I think he is a great driver,I am a fan from the word go my room is nothing but jeff gordon.every thing i find i buy.
he's the suckest driver in nascar who gives a $hit
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#11 Sep 10, 2009
gordonfan wrote:
You even ord enough to have money? You wlite rike 6 yeal ord. Youl glammal and wliting skirrs ale absorutery hollibre. Whele on ealth did you realn how to wlite? It rook mole rike you infatuated with Jeff Golden. Go see shrink!! chop chop

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#12 Sep 10, 2009
codmuffin wrote:
<quoted text>he's the suckest driver in nascar who gives a $hit
With 4 championships, if he sucks, then just about everybody must suck.Don't count Gordon out, sitting 2nd., he can smell another championship.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#13 Sep 10, 2009
codmuffin wrote:
<quoted text>he's the suckest driver in nascar who gives a $hit
Come on Corn Field, you're just jeolous because Jeff has made enough he could afford to buy your driver for what he thinks he's worth and afford to take the loss selling him for his actual worth. Number two in the points and been there about all year, yeah, he sucks. Where's that back marker you pull for, 12th, 14th? Somewhere back there.

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#14 Sep 11, 2009
NY Nascar wrote:
<quoted text>With 4 championships, if he sucks, then just about everybody must suck.Don't count Gordon out, sitting 2nd., he can smell another championship.
i'd rather have jeff win than tony if tony wins i'll barf

“lets go matt!!!!!”

Location hidden

#15 Sep 11, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Corn Field, you're just jeolous because Jeff has made enough he could afford to buy your driver for what he thinks he's worth and afford to take the loss selling him for his actual worth. Number two in the points and been there about all year, yeah, he sucks. Where's that back marker you pull for, 12th, 14th? Somewhere back there.
i smell that he's gona make the chase he has won more winston cups than jeff and you know it aka-the stocks r getting dry they stoped irrigating to

Since: Sep 09

Fargo, ND

#16 Sep 11, 2009
These rumors will always be around Jeff because he will leave the drivers seat the same way he got into Cup, young. He will not be like DW and the King and race 10 years too long, he will leave under his own terms. With a 7 championships in the 13 years there is not much more for him to prove.
pete

AOL

#17 Sep 20, 2009
he probably will form another team of his own .because next yearthey have to cut carsat hendrick !that way jeff can run 4 cars .and still be with hendrick!if jeff doesn,t get rid of steve letarte he better quit,because steve doesn,t want jeff to win .i told him 4 years ago that alan gustofson is the best crewchief in nascar!not chad the cheat !!!!
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#18 Sep 21, 2009
Jeff Gordon has lost his nerve, he might as well pack it in, he's done, and that goes for about half the Sprint Cup field.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roger Penske Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NHRA Pro Stock greats Erica Enders, Jeg Coughli... (Dec '15) May '16 Bell 3
News NASCARa s Kyle Larson expands fan club from 201... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Lets go racing 6
News Kyle Busch and Sam Hornish Jr to Share Joe Gibb... (Jan '14) Jan '14 poncho 10
News Steve Addington scratching head over release fr... (Nov '13) Dec '13 snow 8
News Kyle Busch wins Nationwide race at Charlotte (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jusy_Sayn 6
News AJ Allmendinger wins NASCAR Nationwide race (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jusy_Sayn 4
News Kyle Busch keeps Joe Gibbs' Fontana streak alive (Mar '13) Mar '13 ChersForKyle 11
More from around the web