It's been a struggle for Gordon since...

It's been a struggle for Gordon since leaving Childress

There are 5 comments on the story from Aug 9, 2008, titled It's been a struggle for Gordon since leaving Childress. In it, reports that:

If Tony Stewart thinks that becoming a NASCAR owner-driver next season will be a panacea for his career -- even with hefty support from General Motors and Rick Hendrick -- maybe he should drop by Robby Gordon's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

Ack

Ashburn, VA

#1 Aug 12, 2008
Oh please. Robby's been building the teams going on four years now. Remember he is also driving for RGM West and has been quite successful in that league. He's just saving the pennies by being the driver for Nascar and working towards finding the employees that can handle "his way". He has five cars in the stable now and really has stayed out of the big wrecks this year. Give him two more years and he will fly even better than he does now.

“Water Lizzard”

Since: Aug 08

Sonoma county

#2 Aug 12, 2008
Robby has.....that's the point I'm making. Better to try than not try in life. He's a champion - one of the best. USA has so many racers, yet he's in cup and look at all he has acheived in his life. He would be a dream to work for in my opinion - all or nothing. Love the win win situation, and he's got it. One of the best road rally racers there are out there. Go and Get It Robby!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#3 Aug 12, 2008
They act like Tony's building a team from scratch. Do they not notice this team is already built it just needs a little bit of help.
Carpentierfan

Ashburn, VA

#4 Sep 3, 2008
And I read that Haas gave him half the team for free! What is up with that?

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Sep 3, 2008
Carpentierfan wrote:
And I read that Haas gave him half the team for free! What is up with that?
Tony is already a successful owner in other series and they want him to drive for them and he will bring a lot to the organization just by being Tony, they are getting the employees and the other driver that they never could have attracted otherwise. It was smart, like JGR going to Toyota rather than getting an investor, Haas got Tony rather than a publishing company, or a baseball team, or a razor company...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robby Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carter urges faith leaders to combat 'resurgenc... (Sep '16) Sep '16 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 37
News Robby Gordon And Toyo Tires Win Final Stage Of ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Giovanni 1
Toyo Tires And Race-Dezert Team Up For The 2015... (Dec '14) Dec '14 frank fernandez 1
Robby Gordon Brings His Stadium Super Trucks To... (Dec '14) Dec '14 frank fernandez 1
News Harvick wins controversial Montreal Busch race (Aug '07) May '14 Douglas Kenney 46
News Danica Patrick, team expect to 'make a statemen... (Jul '13) Jul '13 danicrash 24
News Busch urges racing officials to make double doable (May '13) May '13 Snow 31
More from around the web