Busch can't afford another bad weekend

Busch can't afford another bad weekend

There are 7 comments on the www.nevadaappeal.com story from Sep 20, 2008, titled Busch can't afford another bad weekend. In it, www.nevadaappeal.com reports that:

There are four elements required for a championship racing season: Driving talent, good equipment, a great team, and luck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nevadaappeal.com.

SpdBmp

Since: Apr 07

Oakland, CA

#1 Sep 20, 2008
L'il Kyle started the Chase with an 80 point lead over MOST of the 12 eligible chase drivers. In previous years since the Chase format began, it became clear that the teams that could avoid trouble for the last ten races had an advantage of those that didn't. With the influx of bonus points from "regular season" wins (what the hell is this Football?), the 18 team had a buffer of sorts. Last weeks results are not indicative of the season L'il Kyle has had, but it IS the nature of the chase.

Plus, LOOK AT HIM GO! Lapping cars after TEN laps!!!

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#2 Sep 20, 2008
I heard on one of the Nascar talk shows that any driver that has a pretty good point standing can afford one bad race and still come back to win the chase. But they would have to be consistent through out the rest of the races. Their called 'mulligans".

Since: May 08

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2008
SpdBmp wrote:
L'il Kyle started the Chase with an 80 point lead over MOST of the 12 eligible chase drivers. In previous years since the Chase format began, it became clear that the teams that could avoid trouble for the last ten races had an advantage of those that didn't. With the influx of bonus points from "regular season" wins (what the hell is this Football?), the 18 team had a buffer of sorts. Last weeks results are not indicative of the season L'il Kyle has had, but it IS the nature of the chase.
Plus, LOOK AT HIM GO! Lapping cars after TEN laps!!!
Yes, we dont need another awful finish, i think he'll do fine tomarrow.
jimmy48 wrote:
I heard on one of the Nascar talk shows that any driver that has a pretty good point standing can afford one bad race and still come back to win the chase. But they would have to be consistent through out the rest of the races. Their called 'mulligans".
Yes, that is very possible, heck he could when the rest of the races, we dont know.But it will be a tough challenge, Edwards is hot, Jimmie is hot, Kyle will actually get a challenge.

“"The Chase" SUX!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Lafayette

#4 Sep 21, 2008
Not now! Looks like Weasel Boy will have to try and challenge.

SpdBmp

Sunnyvale, CA

#5 Sep 23, 2008
jimmy48 wrote:
Absolutely - by that math, L'il Kyle pretty much had 1.5 Mulligans over the majority of the Chase contenders due to his bonus points/chase seeding system (he was 80 points ahead of #24 and #20 - that's worth a .5 Mulligan in MY book ANYDAY!). So if ALL chase drivers have a poor finish at least ONCE before the last race of the season, then mathematically...

L'il Kyle - and I will bet ya even money that the #18 team wins before the season is over - ANY TAKERS? The same question at the hands of the #24 or #20...? Hmmm, will they or WON'T they win in 2008? Nail biter for sure!

Hey - how cool was that - RACE talk - on TOPIX? Who knew?

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Sep 23, 2008
SpdBmp wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely - by that math, L'il Kyle pretty much had 1.5 Mulligans over the majority of the Chase contenders due to his bonus points/chase seeding system (he was 80 points ahead of #24 and #20 - that's worth a .5 Mulligan in MY book ANYDAY!). So if ALL chase drivers have a poor finish at least ONCE before the last race of the season, then mathematically...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kStScnzbsLsXX
L'il Kyle - and I will bet ya even money that the #18 team wins before the season is over - ANY TAKERS? The same question at the hands of the #24 or #20...? Hmmm, will they or WON'T they win in 2008? Nail biter for sure!
Hey - how cool was that - RACE talk - on TOPIX? Who knew?
Barely lukewarm!!!

In 2006 Jimmie Johnson was 146 points down with five races to go!!! What ever was he to do??? He just went out and won 4 out of the 5 races left to win the Championship!!!

Too late for the 24 and the 20!!! Kyle has already surrendered mentally so he's a non-factor!!!

It looks like a Roush year unless JJ can rally!!!

This is my OPINION, keep that in mind when bashing, thank you, good-bye!!!
Junior Nation

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2008
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Barely lukewarm!!!
In 2006 Jimmie Johnson was 146 points down with five races to go!!! What ever was he to do??? He just went out and won 4 out of the 5 races left to win the Championship!!!
Too late for the 24 and the 20!!! Kyle has already surrendered mentally so he's a non-factor!!!
It looks like a Roush year unless JJ can rally!!!
This is my OPINION, keep that in mind when bashing, thank you, good-bye!!!
I think you're right, KB already mentally surrendered which ends up making him his own worse enemy.

Even though it will be hard for bottom 9 to win due to the fact last year JG finished with what a 5.3 or something like that average and he only came in second it can still be done.. But you would have to have the determination and not accept defeat the way KB has already done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robby Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carter urges faith leaders to combat 'resurgenc... (Sep '16) Sep '16 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 37
News Robby Gordon And Toyo Tires Win Final Stage Of ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Giovanni 1
Toyo Tires And Race-Dezert Team Up For The 2015... (Dec '14) Dec '14 frank fernandez 1
Robby Gordon Brings His Stadium Super Trucks To... (Dec '14) Dec '14 frank fernandez 1
News Harvick wins controversial Montreal Busch race (Aug '07) May '14 Douglas Kenney 46
News Danica Patrick, team expect to 'make a statemen... (Jul '13) Jul '13 danicrash 24
News Busch urges racing officials to make double doable (May '13) May '13 Snow 31
More from around the web