NASCAR: Juan Pablo Montoya out of Bud Shootout if team switches to Chevrolet

Nov 15, 2008 Full story: Scene Daily 34

Juan Pablo Montoya, driver of the No. 42 Chip Ganassi Racing Dodge, talks to Jimmie Johnson, driver of the No.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#1 Nov 16, 2008
fine by me...new team , new cars and a bunch of top 10.....lol
big city bob

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2008
This way he will not run into anyone.
Cooper

Atlanta, GA

#3 Nov 18, 2008
montoyafan1 wrote:
fine by me...new team , new cars and a bunch of top 10.....lol
Yes! Next can't wait until next year - Montoya in a DEI Chevy = Top 5's, Top 10's and at least 1 Oval win!!!

A road track win is a given...
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#5 Nov 19, 2008
cooper your ok by me....
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#6 Nov 19, 2008
cooper you are right by me...lol...lol
big city bob

United States

#8 Nov 20, 2008
montoyafan1 wrote:
cooper you are right by me...lol...lol
Juan pothead Montoya will never win a race next year, dream on....

“Life is Beautiful”

Since: Apr 08

Sao Paulo Brasil

#9 Nov 20, 2008
big city bob wrote:
<quoted text>Juan pothead Montoya will never win a race next year, dream on....
I have had just about enough from Bob! Juan Pablo Montoya is probably the most talented driver racing in the series! The only reason why he is not winning is because he is stuck with a really bad team! One of the worst teams in nascar! End even if he is not the most talented man, he is at least up in the top two or three! The only other drivers who I would even put in te same leauge as him are Sam Hornish JR, and Kyle Bush! And I don't mean to disrespect he other drivers there as there are a lot of talented ones like Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale JR and others, but Montoya is just better than most of them plane and simple! Even by what other nascar drivers have said in the past, They all know that Montoya is one of the best in the World!(Tony Stewart) "Montoya has more god given natural talent and ability than 99% of the guys who I have raced against" (Matt Kenseth) "If Juan had started out his career in nascar, he would have Jeff Gordon like numbers by now" ( Kevin Harvick) "I don't think that the transition to nascar will be as easy for others as it is going for Montoya because he has supperior car control" (Jimmy Johnson) Juan is one of the most awesome road course racers I have ever seen" etc,etc, etc... I'll take the word of people who would know what they're talking about like the drivers themselves over some guy who calls himself big city bob! From what I have read on some of Bobs other post! his agenda is very obvious to me! He doesn't like Juan because Juan is hispanic! Maybe Bob doesn't know this but Juan won the CART championship in 1999 as a rookie going up against some of the greatest drivers there are! Michael Andretti, Al Unser JR, Paul Tracy, Jimmy Vasser, Greg More, Helio Castro Neves etc, I was very young then but I can recal that when Juan was domitating the sereies, his teamate Jimmy Vasser who is also supposed to be very good was finishing 8th through 12th place most of the time! The only reason why Juan is not kicking butt is because he does not have good equipment! Not because any kind of lack of talent! That's just obserd! So yeah! dream on bob!
yeah

Greenfield, IN

#10 Nov 20, 2008
I got something about Juan!

Who's the only driver who has a choice of going into three series right now ? Who's the only 2 drivers to be win in all those series? Mario Andretti and Juan Pablo Montoya.

Oh yeah!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#11 Nov 20, 2008
I'm sure Juan Pablo will have much greater success if he can get into better equipment. He earned a lot of respect from his peers this year and incidents he was involved in was being unlucky enough to get caught up in other peoples wrecks. I'm just hoping DEI cars in the coming year will be better than what Chip has been giving him.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#12 Nov 20, 2008
I hope Juan gets good equipment and does well. I dont think talent alone will make the cut though. I know he's great but too often there are variables that a crew chief has to keep track of. Too often it comes down to 'pit now or hope there's another caution?' and that kicks a LOT of top cars right out of a dominating position to mid pack with a lot of lap cars in the way. So the best I can hope for is his luck in those situations. 2 Tires or 4, pit now or later, stay out and lead a lap - one of the riskier calls to make; Its gotta fall in place for any talent to start scoring the wins.

And people have to stop wrecking around him, which is often a result of a pit strategy. 4 Tires under caution is usually a safe call except for where you end up on a restart. Crew chiefs have to start realizing that their call isn't only to get a car up front, but to keep them safe. If they can take into account that certain others are going to be driving harder or battling with competitors nearby, that'll either present risks and obstacles that may end up trashing him in their conflicts.
Jay

San Francisco, CA

#13 Nov 20, 2008
Xusanna wrote:
<quoted text>I have had just about enough from Bob! Juan Pablo Montoya is probably the most talented driver racing in the series! The only reason why he is not winning is because he is stuck with a really bad team! One of the worst teams in nascar! End even if he is not the most talented man, he is at least up in the top two or three! The only other drivers who I would even put in te same leauge as him are Sam Hornish JR, and Kyle Bush! And I don't mean to disrespect he other drivers there as there are a lot of talented ones like Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale JR and others, but Montoya is just better than most of them plane and simple! Even by what other nascar drivers have said in the past, They all know that Montoya is one of the best in the World!(Tony Stewart) "Montoya has more god given natural talent and ability than 99% of the guys who I have raced against" (Matt Kenseth) "If Juan had started out his career in nascar, he would have Jeff Gordon like numbers by now" ( Kevin Harvick) "I don't think that the transition to nascar will be as easy for others as it is going for Montoya because he has supperior car control" (Jimmy Johnson) Juan is one of the most awesome road course racers I have ever seen" etc,etc, etc... I'll take the word of people who would know what they're talking about like the drivers themselves over some guy who calls himself big city bob! From what I have read on some of Bobs other post! his agenda is very obvious to me! He doesn't like Juan because Juan is hispanic! Maybe Bob doesn't know this but Juan won the CART championship in 1999 as a rookie going up against some of the greatest drivers there are! Michael Andretti, Al Unser JR, Paul Tracy, Jimmy Vasser, Greg More, Helio Castro Neves etc, I was very young then but I can recal that when Juan was domitating the sereies, his teamate Jimmy Vasser who is also supposed to be very good was finishing 8th through 12th place most of the time! The only reason why Juan is not kicking butt is because he does not have good equipment! Not because any kind of lack of talent! That's just obserd! So yeah! dream on bob!
Well said! And by the way Xussanna! You are one gorgeus babe!
Jay

San Francisco, CA

#14 Nov 20, 2008
If Montoya were to drive Jimmy Johnsons car or Carl Edwards's car or Kyle Bush's car, I think that he would be winning just as much as any of them, even though he doesn't have that kind of experience yet!

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#15 Nov 20, 2008
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>Well said! And by the way Xussanna! You are one gorgeus babe!
She knows that, foo!!
lol just had to say that.

“Life is Beautiful”

Since: Apr 08

Sao Paulo Brasil

#16 Nov 21, 2008
I always like to watch Juan Pablo race, but my favorite time to watch him was in the CART series in 1999!

Since: Mar 08

Greenfield, IN

#17 Nov 21, 2008
Xusanna wrote:
I always like to watch Juan Pablo race, but my favorite time to watch him was in the CART series in 1999!
Oh I have to respond to this have to!

Jpm won the CART Championship Series in 1999.
He is the only driver to have won the premier North American open-wheel CART title, the Indianapolis 500 and the 24 Hours of Daytona,
taking victories in Formula One, Champ Car, IndyCar, Grand-Am and NASCAR; the only other driver to accomplish such a feat is Mario Andretti.
Montoya is one of two drivers to have won the CART title in his rookie year.
He has also equalled Graham Hill's feat of being a Monaco Grand Prix and Indianapolis 500 race winner.
Montoya is currently one of only two active drivers (along with Jacques Villeneuve) who has won two legs of the Triple Crown of Motorsport.
Montoya is also the only driver to have competed in all three major events at Indianapolis, finishing fourth or better in each event. He finished 1st in the Indianapolis 500, 2nd in the Brickyard 400, and 4th in the US Grand Prix.
In the 2000 Indy 500 he led In the event, the Colombian star led 167 of 200 laps and claimed top honors at the end of the 500 mile race, taking an easy victory on his first attempt.

Ok I'm done I seldom get to talk about Juan!
Jay

San Francisco, CA

#18 Nov 21, 2008
Xusanna wrote:
Hi Xussanna! How are you beautiful? I too remember Juan racing in the CART series back in 99! He was truly amazing! Started of the season with a solid `10'th place in his first time in a champ car at Homestead, followed by leading in only his second race at Motegi, too bad he got tangled with Andretti in that one! It was funny to see Carl Haas punching Chip Ganassi though! lol, Then followed by his first win at Long Beach in only his 3' rd start, and then followed by a pair of wins at Nazareth and Rio to make it three races in a row! Then leading more laps than anyone, winning another 4 races, and that great finish to the championship tying with Dario Franchiti with 212 points but winning with more wins. That was a great season! And I agree with you that 99 was just about the most competitive season in CART history too! You had seasoned vets like Michael Andretti and Al Unser JR! You had other great champs like Jimmy Vasser, And you had guys who were always thought to be some of the fastest guys in racing like Paul Tracy & Greg Moore, And other great drivers like Gil DeFeren, Helio Castroneves, Alex Tagliani, Christiano DaMatta, Adrian Fernandez and just on and on! It truly was the most competitive year in champ car history, and Juan the rookie was the champion. Then he followed up the next year in 2000 with a dominant Indy 500 win in his first attempt leading 167 of 200 laps! And he was just as quick in CART in 2000 and if it weren't for his 10 DNF's that season, he would have easily won the championship over DeFeran that year as well. Too bad for poor reliability! I also remember his great saves and the announcers Paul Page and Parker Johnstones constant praise of his lightning fast hands! That is skill!, I hope to see him winning like that in the future again, but I get a feeling he's gonna be with Ganassi/DEI for a while longer with uncompetitive equipment! So what can you do? One thing is for sure though! Juan is great!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#19 Nov 22, 2008
Xusanna wrote:
<quoted text>I have had just about enough from Bob! Juan Pablo Montoya is probably the most talented driver racing in the series! The only reason why he is not winning is because he is stuck with a really bad team! One of the worst teams in nascar! End even if he is not the most talented man, he is at least up in the top two or three! The only other drivers who I would even put in te same leauge as him are Sam Hornish JR, and Kyle Bush! And I don't mean to disrespect he other drivers there as there are a lot of talented ones like Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale JR and others, but Montoya is just better than most of them plane and simple! Even by what other nascar drivers have said in the past, They all know that Montoya is one of the best in the World!(Tony Stewart) "Montoya has more god given natural talent and ability than 99% of the guys who I have raced against" (Matt Kenseth) "If Juan had started out his career in nascar, he would have Jeff Gordon like numbers by now" ( Kevin Harvick) "I don't think that the transition to nascar will be as easy for others as it is going for Montoya because he has supperior car control" (Jimmy Johnson) Juan is one of the most awesome road course racers I have ever seen" etc,etc, etc... I'll take the word of people who would know what they're talking about like the drivers themselves over some guy who calls himself big city bob! From what I have read on some of Bobs other post! his agenda is very obvious to me! He doesn't like Juan because Juan is hispanic! Maybe Bob doesn't know this but Juan won the CART championship in 1999 as a rookie going up against some of the greatest drivers there are! Michael Andretti, Al Unser JR, Paul Tracy, Jimmy Vasser, Greg More, Helio Castro Neves etc, I was very young then but I can recal that when Juan was domitating the sereies, his teamate Jimmy Vasser who is also supposed to be very good was finishing 8th through 12th place most of the time! The only reason why Juan is not kicking butt is because he does not have good equipment! Not because any kind of lack of talent! That's just obserd! So yeah! dream on bob!
I am really suprised to see you put Sam Hornish in the group of best drivers. How many races has he won?????? He could not even qualify
for the last 2 races. He wall banks about every race..Not even in the top 35. He may have a rough
start for 2009..
Jay

San Francisco, CA

#20 Nov 22, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I am really suprised to see you put Sam Hornish in the group of best drivers. How many races has he won?????? He could not even qualify
for the last 2 races. He wall banks about every race..Not even in the top 35. He may have a rough
start for 2009..
snow wrote:
<quoted text>I am really suprised to see you put Sam Hornish in the group of best drivers. How many races has he won?????? He could not even qualify
start for 2009..
You obviously haven't been paying attention or even watching the IRL over the past few years! Sam is a three time IRL champion and if you would have watched any of thr races over the past few years you would know about his incredible skills and talents! That's what bothers me about all of these nascar only fans who watch the open wheel guys trying to make the switch to nascar. They don't know anything about these guys, and then just assume that because they are not doing great in nascars top series right away that they must suck! Sam has I think 19 IRL wins and something like 40 podium finishes. He has always been effortlessly quick and started winning races with the Panther race team, and even took it strait to the Pensky team when they entered into the IRL in 2002 and won his first championship at Panther! He has always been very impressive throughout his IRL career and was known for being able to put his car anywhere on the racetrack! He is an Indy 500 champion and has pulled of some of the closest victories in IRL history, I mean like five of them where he was able to edge someone else out by mere hundredths of a second! Roger Pensky saw his talent and snatched him up from Panther with absolutely no hesitation at all! If you know IRL, you know that Sam was probably the most dominant guy there over the years he was there! He is one of the most talented guys who I have ever seen in any racing series and is just struggling trying to learn at nascars top level with another lower tier team!
Jay

San Francisco, CA

#21 Nov 22, 2008
Xusanna wrote:
Hellow beutiful Xussanna! You are right on about Sam Hornish being up there with the top drivers! He is alsow one of my very favorite drivers in the World and I agree with you 100% that he is probably one of the most talented guys there! We both like Juan Montoya and Sam Hornish! We seem to have a lot in common Xussanna! lol, Give me a reply some time! Talk to me! I think we can be good friends! ha ha

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22 Nov 22, 2008
Jay

They were not talking about IRL we were talking Nascar when they called him one of the best drivers. I do follow IRL and I know he was good driving in that series but sure sucks in nascar. My favorive IRL driver is TK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robby Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toyo Tires And Race-Dezert Team Up For The 2015... Thu frank fernandez 1
Robby Gordon Brings His Stadium Super Trucks To... Dec 5 frank fernandez 1
Harvick wins controversial Montreal Busch race (Aug '07) May '14 Douglas Kenney 46
Danica Patrick, team expect to 'make a statemen... (Jul '13) Jul '13 danicrash 24
Busch urges racing officials to make double doable (May '13) May '13 Snow 31
Update on the latest in sports: (Nov '11) Nov '11 JustBevG 2
FabSchool Ford F-150 Raptor Finishes First in C... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Church of the Gre... 1
More from around the web