NASCAR drivers do tire testing at Speedway

Four drivers who know what it takes to win at Indianapolis Motor Speedway spent Tuesday turning test laps on the track to help Goodyear determine what tire compound to bring back for the Allstate 400 at the ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#21 Apr 26, 2007
TB CHIEF wrote:
I realize The Indy 500 is a big event with alot of history, but it is really a boring event. I have personally attended 2 of them and unless you have a 5oo-1000 dollar seat you really can't see much. You watch them fly by and then drink beer for 45-50 seconds and then do it again. The track is so big and so flat that you really can't see much. It is better on TV but yet it is boring. By the end of the race there is usually only 10 or so cars on the lead lap. With any luck you might get an exciting finish but usually the first 499 miles are pretty uneventful. The Brickyard (Allstate) 400 is pretty much the same except the cars are more even but really I just don't see what the big deal is about it..
Don't let Mindy hear you say that babe. I would hate to have to take her on tosave your butt.lol.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#22 Apr 26, 2007
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let Mindy hear you say that babe. I would hate to have to take her on tosave your butt.lol.
lol...Well i tell you this about that! I agree that watching that race at home is far better! Although,i would not know since i have not been there to see it,but I can imagine even the best seats,you still can't see that whole huge track! Id rather be a chugging a beer at home! Or have me a nice Margarita and kick up the volume and whoeeeeee party at home!!!!!
Kevin

Fort Wayne, IN

#23 Apr 26, 2007
I've been 25 500s and haven't seen an empty seat. I attended the first Brickyard, I'll never do that to my self again,it looked like Indy cars during a yellow.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#24 Apr 26, 2007
Kevin wrote:
I've been 25 500s and haven't seen an empty seat. I attended the first Brickyard, I'll never do that to my self again,it looked like Indy cars during a yellow.
ROFL....:)
blurry vision

United States

#25 Apr 26, 2007
Kevin wrote:
I've been 25 500s and haven't seen an empty seat.
you're blind and a fool
TB CHIEF

Decatur, IL

#26 Apr 26, 2007
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let Mindy hear you say that babe. I would hate to have to take her on tosave your butt.lol.
Would you do that for me? I am serious though, it is not really a good track to go to. I went a second time because I had so much fun the few days before the race patying with all the guys I went with but the race is kind of a let down.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#27 Apr 26, 2007
TB CHIEF wrote:
<quoted text>Would you do that for me? I am serious though, it is not really a good track to go to. I went a second time because I had so much fun the few days before the race patying with all the guys I went with but the race is kind of a let down.
Of course I'd do that for you. I can watch the races on TV but they are a little boring.
TB CHIEF

Decatur, IL

#28 Apr 26, 2007
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I'd do that for you. I can watch the races on TV but they are a little boring.
We could watch it on TV from the couch and play around when things got too boring...

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#29 Apr 26, 2007
TB CHIEF wrote:
<quoted text>We could watch it on TV from the couch and play around when things got too boring...
Theres my bad boy.
INDY CAR

United States

#30 Apr 26, 2007
TB CHIEF wrote:
I realize The Indy 500 is a big event with alot of history, but it is really a boring event. I have personally attended 2 of them and unless you have a 5oo-1000 dollar seat you really can't see much. You watch them fly by and then drink beer for 45-50 seconds and then do it again. The track is so big and so flat that you really can't see much. It is better on TV but yet it is boring. By the end of the race there is usually only 10 or so cars on the lead lap. With any luck you might get an exciting finish but usually the first 499 miles are pretty uneventful. The Brickyard (Allstate) 400 is pretty much the same except the cars are more even but really I just don't see what the big deal is about it..
Tradition And the last few years close exciting races after 500 miles!!!!! Do you miss the finish last Year????
sU CkA

United States

#31 Apr 27, 2007
INDY CAR wrote:
<quoted text>Tradition And the last few years close exciting races after 500 miles!!!!! Do you miss the finish last Year????
ummm, you mean the fixed finish dictated by Honda where the annointed Penske sled musher Sham Whorenish cranked up the boost and pulled an extra 50 horses out of his butt and blew by the leader like he threw it in reverse.

Anybody who bought that finish is a SUCKER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2

Ricky Rudd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE