Announcement Expected Wednesday: Sour...

Announcement Expected Wednesday: Sources: Dale Jr. to be 88

There are 229 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Sep 15, 2007, titled Announcement Expected Wednesday: Sources: Dale Jr. to be 88. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

“I've done about as good as I can do about narrowing it down and what not”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive the No. 8 next season. In fact, he'll drive two of them.

During a news conference Wednesday in Dallas, Hendrick Motorsports officials will announce Earnhardt Jr. will drive the No. 88 beginning in 2008, the Observer has learned from multiple sources.

The announcement will complete the puzzle to the courtship of the services of NASCAR's most popular driver.

Hendrick officials, as has been the case throughout the process, declined to comment.

Robert Yates Racing currently fields the No. 88 in the Nextel Cup Series and would have to relinquish the number for Hendrick to use it. Yates co-owner Doug Yates did not immediately return a call for comment Friday. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

“what the”

Since: Jun 07

New Bedford, MA

#22 Sep 15, 2007
DALE IS OVERRATED wrote:
<quoted text>
Nasty gram? LOL! How old are you? Who says nasty gram? How lame.
I bet when you were banned the people on this site were also relieved.
Me thinks that he was trying to speak on your level. Problem is that he just couldn't -as much as he tried to- act that immature. "Nasty Gram was as far as he could go. to get to your level he would break his back. You got your head too far up your butt looking for your little balls. I would just love to call a favor and find you. You are getting to be worth the trouble. No that is not a threat. A threat would be the last thing you heard
SERPOTY

AOL

#23 Sep 15, 2007
what is a nastygram ?
David

Quincy, IL

#24 Sep 15, 2007
DALE IS OVERRATED wrote:
I wish they could use negative numbers. Since he sucks so hard, he should be -8 or something like that.
HA HA HA HA THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

“what the”

New Bedford, MA

#25 Sep 15, 2007
SERPOTY wrote:
what is a nastygram ?
It is a small piece of a DOI, and the more pieces that you discover, the more nasty it gets.
john deweese

Roanoke, VA

#26 Sep 18, 2007
DALE IS OVERRATED wrote:
I wish they could use negative numbers. Since he sucks so hard, he should be -8 or something like that.
maybe you should take your negative opinions loser somewhere else this is jr nation forever

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#27 Sep 18, 2007
Is it Wed. yet?? LOL

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#28 Sep 18, 2007
john deweese wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should take your negative opinions loser somewhere else this is jr nation forever
Forever!!! Junior Nation!.. GO JUNIOR!

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#29 Sep 18, 2007
PeeDee wrote:
<quoted text>It is a small piece of a DOI, and the more pieces that you discover, the more nasty it gets.
Hello PeeDee..How are ya guy? How did your bread turnout? I bet it was good,yummy to the tummy,LOL
nazkar08

Nashua, NH

#30 Sep 18, 2007
Got your number guess who???

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#31 Sep 18, 2007
BTW-getting back to the subject...will Jr still have Wrangler as a sponsor?
Holy Moly

Vienna, VA

#32 Sep 18, 2007
I think so, he definately re-signed his personal services contract with them.
Tony Rules wrote:

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#33 Sep 18, 2007
Tony Rules wrote:
Yes ..He signed a new deal with them.

“what the”

New Bedford, MA

#34 Sep 18, 2007
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Hello PeeDee..How are ya guy? How did your bread turnout? I bet it was good,yummy to the tummy,LOL
Hi! It turned out good. I used some for sandwiches and the rest was a snack dipping in oil w/spices and herbs. I hope you are doing well today.
katie

Atlanta, GA

#35 Sep 18, 2007
montgomery wrote:
what is the big deal about his #######? like he is the only driver to change a ####. why can't he just tell his fans what his # will be. but no he has to make a big deal out of it..
i agree with ya. what does it really matter? a true jr fan will support him no matter the number or sponser.
bigdog

Camp Hill, PA

#36 Sep 18, 2007
If all you Jr. lovers can't takea little flak I feel for you. He will be the 3rd best driver on the team next year and might get 1 win. Just because his daddy was a great driver doesn't make Jr. one. By the way I am a Ricky Rudd fan for 20 years and my 88 hat is banned to the closet if Jr. gets that number.

“Memento Mori”

Shelby

#38 Sep 18, 2007
This might be an off the wall comment, but..couldn't dale get the # 38, as a possibility?. Since sadler isn't the msot popular.

I also want to comment that Dale, isn't his dad. So we can't expect him to be.

Another example of this would be The petty family.

“Whoo hoo! He did it!”

Since: Jan 07

Winchendon Ma

#40 Sep 18, 2007
SETWEOP wrote:
THEY ARE GOING TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE NEW CANDY BAR IS COMING, I WANT TO GET THIS CANDY BAR AND FEEL LIKE I AM PART OF THE DIRTY MO POSSE, THE DIRTY MO POSSE, THE DIRTY MO POSSE, THE DIRTY MO CANDY BAR, OH THIS IS GREAT, THIS IS SUCH A WONDERFUL THRILL TO KNOW.
Sweetie, they don't let people like you into the
Dirty Mo Posse..they get restraining orders to keep you out.

“Whoo hoo! He did it!”

Since: Jan 07

Winchendon Ma

#41 Sep 18, 2007
BOWL wrote:
GO DIRTY MO POSSE
Great, now she has formed her own little cheerleading chant. Just go buy a candy bar
already Brit.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#42 Sep 18, 2007
bigdog wrote:
If all you Jr. lovers can't takea little flak I feel for you. He will be the 3rd best driver on the team next year and might get 1 win. Just because his daddy was a great driver doesn't make Jr. one. By the way I am a Ricky Rudd fan for 20 years and my 88 hat is banned to the closet if Jr. gets that number.
Yes, we can take a little flak, but where does anyone say he is the best driver? We don't care! He is our best driver and that is all that matters. Hell, there are alot of great drivers that have never won a title, that does not mean their fans like them any less. Believe me dude, if you think you are the first to say that you are sadly mistaken. OH, By the way you might as well put the hat away beacause Junior is getting the 88 and we would'nt want you wearing it anyway.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#43 Sep 18, 2007
bigdog wrote:
Well, im a Rudd fan from back when he drove the# 5 ..and chose Jr, 3yrs ago!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Smokey Yunick is not (and may never be) in ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 LIZZY GINGERICH 1
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
News NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
News Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
News Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
News Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
More from around the web