Announcement Expected Wednesday: Sources: Dale Jr. to be 88

Sep 15, 2007 Full story: Charlotte.com 229

“I've done about as good as I can do about narrowing it down and what not”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive the No. 8 next season. In fact, he'll drive two of them.

During a news conference Wednesday in Dallas, Hendrick Motorsports officials will announce Earnhardt Jr. will drive the No. 88 beginning in 2008, the Observer has learned from multiple sources.

The announcement will complete the puzzle to the courtship of the services of NASCAR's most popular driver.

Hendrick officials, as has been the case throughout the process, declined to comment.

Robert Yates Racing currently fields the No. 88 in the Nextel Cup Series and would have to relinquish the number for Hendrick to use it. Yates co-owner Doug Yates did not immediately return a call for comment Friday. Read more

Full Story

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#208 Sep 20, 2007
Happy Little Girlie wrote:
Hey Jrw, take a deep breath hon. I had to take a bunch of them. This forum is really getting out of control. Just gave me more motivation to set up our own little thing and then we can (hopefully) all make plans to get together at the beginnng of next season.
Mindy.....
Do you have any thoughts as to how to do this? I figure I could set up a private Myspace acct. tonight for us to talk about getting together for a race or two.
Hi Happy. I talked to TB last night and he said whatever works. But we have to plan it for when he's off. He'll probably call again tonight so I'll tell him to figure out his schedule so we can start from there. I don't know if he'll be on here again before he leaves.
Kenny Gee

Bronx, NY

#209 Sep 20, 2007
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks, Of course ! I like alot of thr drivrers and have aways liked Jeff. You can have your own driver, still like others, have respect. Nice post.. I use to live in Acworth, Ga.
Nascar is for hicks. Shake n bake !
Kenny Gee

Bronx, NY

#210 Sep 20, 2007
Renny wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really I worked with Eddie when Bobby ran his own team but I mostly fished with Neil, Bobby and Dale, those were the good ole days when drivers did not act like movie stars I haven't been to a race in 25 years and would go if you payed me because the fans were horrific. I drive sportscars now, just for fun of course and still fish with Bobby alot he's good people.
Uh, ok.

Since: Sep 07

Judsonia, AR

#211 Sep 20, 2007
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.. That is wonderful, I know you will keep that well protected.. awesome!!! No I haven't checked it out, b/c it makes me sad to see what some will do for the ole green back dollar. MHO.. I'm better ,thank you sweetie, how are you feeling today? great I hope.
YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT...THE PERSON WHO IS OVER JR'S FAN CLUB ASK IF I WOULD SEND A PICTURE,OF THE FLAG,ITS BEEN IN OVER 18 PLACES AN SIGNED BY THE TROOPS, AN GONE THREW MORTAR FIRE IT WAS SIGNED BY THE AIR FORCE COL. AS ...WHAT DO THEY CALL IT TO SHOW ITS AUTHANTIC...SOMETHING..OR OTHER..ALSO WHERE ITS ON THE TAIL WING OF THE DROP PLANES.PICTURES WILL BE ALL THEY GET...(UNLESS OF COURSE WE CAN WORK OUT A DEAL THAT JR COMES AN STAYS A FEW WEEKS)LOL I'D INVITED YOU OF ...SINCE YOU ARE HIS WOMAN...LOLOL.

Since: Aug 07

United States

#212 Sep 20, 2007
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Happy. I talked to TB last night and he said whatever works. But we have to plan it for when he's off. He'll probably call again tonight so I'll tell him to figure out his schedule so we can start from there. I don't know if he'll be on here again before he leaves.
Great thankyou! Would it be possible for you two to come down this way? That way we could ring in the new season!

United States

#213 Sep 20, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>I have already taken care of some of the posts and i will if it is needed!Go to my thread here in the Nascar forum,you will find it im sure! Main thing is you can't control all people and the way they think! I have many a hater that comes to find me but they know better on my thread!Ignore the nasty ones as much as you can,looks better that way and it is easier to be the cleaner that way when their is only one nasty instead of many responding in the same notion!lol!;-)Thought of the day:"Never put yourself at their same level,your side will never even out because they are holding it on higher ground,You goal is always in the middle"
Got it! Will do that (hopefully)!(smiles)

“Save the drama fer yer mama!!!”

Since: Mar 07

North Cackalacky

#214 Sep 20, 2007
That is very cool.
TPARK LITTLE ROCK AR wrote:
<quoted text>YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT...THE PERSON WHO IS OVER JR'S FAN CLUB ASK IF I WOULD SEND A PICTURE,OF THE FLAG,ITS BEEN IN OVER 18 PLACES AN SIGNED BY THE TROOPS, AN GONE THREW MORTAR FIRE IT WAS SIGNED BY THE AIR FORCE COL. AS ...WHAT DO THEY CALL IT TO SHOW ITS AUTHANTIC...SOMETHING..OR OTHER..ALSO WHERE ITS ON THE TAIL WING OF THE DROP PLANES.PICTURES WILL BE ALL THEY GET...(UNLESS OF COURSE WE CAN WORK OUT A DEAL THAT JR COMES AN STAYS A FEW WEEKS)LOL I'D INVITED YOU OF ...SINCE YOU ARE HIS WOMAN...LOLOL.
wtfomglmao

United States

#215 Sep 20, 2007
WTFOMGLMAO @ you people

Judsonia, AR

#216 Sep 20, 2007
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Doing! LOL
MAN...I LEAVE FOR JUST A WHILE...AN WHEN I COME BACK JUST LOOK WHAT YOU'VE LET IN....JIMMY BOB...THE ARMY MAN(THE PLAY ONE...HA CAN'T YOU JUST SEE HIM ON THE FLOOR WITH ALL HIS LITTLE TOY ARMY MEN,)AN TRAILER PARK TRASH, AN OH YEA...SUPERRRRRDAVEEEEE...LOL

Judsonia, AR

#217 Sep 20, 2007
<quoted text>
Got it! Will do that (hopefully)!(smiles)
HI HAPPY....WILD BUNCH TONIGHT....BETTER HANG ON TIGHT...

Since: Feb 07

Dubberly, Louisiana

#218 Sep 20, 2007
<quoted text>HI HAPPY....WILD BUNCH TONIGHT....BETTER HANG ON TIGHT...
They are not JR. fans so I don't know why they have to come on here and ruin it for others. They sound like a bunch of 13 year old kids that have nothing else to do.

Judsonia, AR

#219 Sep 20, 2007
harrism wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not JR. fans so I don't know why they have to come on here and ruin it for others. They sound like a bunch of 13 year old kids that have nothing else to do.
PROABLY ARE
JFGRDNFN

Griffin, GA

#220 Sep 20, 2007
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks, Of course ! I like alot of thr drivrers and have aways liked Jeff. You can have your own driver, still like others, have respect. Nice post.. I use to live in Acworth, Ga.
Thanks, good to know not all Jr fans are mean!

United States

#221 Sep 20, 2007
<quoted text>HI HAPPY....WILD BUNCH TONIGHT....BETTER HANG ON TIGHT...
No Kidding, lol! Their attention span won't be long enough to hang around too long, hopefully! Too much nastiness around. They'll go away eventually.:)

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#222 Sep 20, 2007
JFGRDNFN wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks, good to know not all Jr fans are mean!
Honey.. Its all b/s .. There's alot of nice Junior, Gordon, and other fans on here. Things have just went wild, crazy in the last couple of days.LOL If you've read some of this... it's The Junior Hater's! Most of us here ..show Respect for all the driver's ! Have a great eve.

United States

#223 Sep 20, 2007
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Honey.. Its all b/s .. There's alot of nice Junior, Gordon, and other fans on here. Things have just went wild, crazy in the last couple of days.LOL If you've read some of this... it's The Junior Hater's! Most of us here ..show Respect for all the driver's ! Have a great eve.
Hi Jrw! Well I'm going to look on the bright side of this..... at least I finally set up a private myspace page for us if we ever want to use it to get each others contact info for meeting each other, holiday cards, etc. I don't know if you have a myspace account, but if you do, then we can all work through that. Whatever you do don't post it here. That's why I made it private. Just let me know if I'm on here one night or day if you're going to add to the friends and I'll add you in. I'm gonna let the furry people out soon, have a good night!:D

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#224 Sep 20, 2007
<quoted text>
No Kidding, lol! Their attention span won't be long enough to hang around too long, hopefully! Too much nastiness around. They'll go away eventually.:)
Hey Girlie, You know something, Its sad to see so much, But worse to let ourselves as I think I have a tad ..fall into it. As i'm sure you know what i've delt with through out the yr's ! LOL But, damn enough is enough! Girlie , Have a great weekend, Hugs,smiles

United States

#225 Sep 20, 2007
JFGRDNFN wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks, good to know not all Jr fans are mean!
Naw, we're not. Most everyone on here regularly is pretty nice. I am a fan of many racers.

Are you actually in Stone Mountain? That sounds wierd, lol.@ Stone Mountain, I mean. My brother got married there at one of the big estates/gardens. Incredibly beautiful place!

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#226 Sep 20, 2007
<quoted text>MAN...I LEAVE FOR JUST A WHILE...AN WHEN I COME BACK JUST LOOK WHAT YOU'VE LET IN....JIMMY BOB...THE ARMY MAN(THE PLAY ONE...HA CAN'T YOU JUST SEE HIM ON THE FLOOR WITH ALL HIS LITTLE TOY ARMY MEN,)AN TRAILER PARK TRASH, AN OH YEA...SUPERRRRRDAVEEEEE...LOL
Whew, I'm outta words! Roflmao.. Have a great Weekend, Hugs,smiles

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#227 Sep 20, 2007
harrism wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a Great Weekend! smiles

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2
•••
•••

Ricky Rudd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••