Announcement Expected Wednesday: Sources: Dale Jr. to be 88

Sep 15, 2007 Full story: Charlotte.com 229

“I've done about as good as I can do about narrowing it down and what not”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive the No. 8 next season. In fact, he'll drive two of them.

During a news conference Wednesday in Dallas, Hendrick Motorsports officials will announce Earnhardt Jr. will drive the No. 88 beginning in 2008, the Observer has learned from multiple sources.

The announcement will complete the puzzle to the courtship of the services of NASCAR's most popular driver.

Hendrick officials, as has been the case throughout the process, declined to comment.

Robert Yates Racing currently fields the No. 88 in the Nextel Cup Series and would have to relinquish the number for Hendrick to use it. Yates co-owner Doug Yates did not immediately return a call for comment Friday. Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“what the”

Since: Jun 07

New Bedford, MA

#1 Sep 15, 2007
Well if UPS becomes a sponsor they can still use the "Race the truck Dale" commercials LOL Hell they could even strap Teresa to the roof as Jr. races around the track.
DALE IS OVERRATED

United States

#2 Sep 15, 2007
I wish they could use negative numbers. Since he sucks so hard, he should be -8 or something like that.
montgomery

Luverne, AL

#3 Sep 15, 2007
what is the big deal about his #######? like he is the only driver to change a ####. why can't he just tell his fans what his # will be. but no he has to make a big deal out of it..
Avid ReaderLurker

Deepwater, MO

#4 Sep 15, 2007
Hey over, if he sucks so bad why are you wasting your life talking about him? You shouldn't put your time into someone you hate when you could be spending it on the people in your life.
DALE IS OVERRATED

United States

#5 Sep 15, 2007
Avid ReaderLurker wrote:
Hey over, if he sucks so bad why are you wasting your life talking about him? You shouldn't put your time into someone you hate when you could be spending it on the people in your life.
Avid, save that shit for the Dr Phil show.

“How do you spell sketsofranya?”

Since: Aug 07

SLC

#6 Sep 15, 2007
DALE IS OVERRATED wrote:
<quoted text>
Here puppy! I got a nice little noose for ya.
Avid ReaderLurker

Deepwater, MO

#7 Sep 15, 2007
*lol* Over, it's not my fault it's true. I'm a fan and I don't even post as much as you.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#8 Sep 15, 2007
DALE IS OVERRATED wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it up and I promise you, you will disappear from this site. Don't believe me? Just keep it up and you will be sitting all by your lonesome wondering what happened. I've seen many others banned for the same thing. People are getting way tired of your constant trouble making including me. All you do is come on here and try and get people to fight with you. So, if you want to stay then I suggest you cool it right now or leave. You are one little Email away from being gone. Catch my drift?
Dude

AOL

#9 Sep 15, 2007
you agree to NOT use the Service to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, torturous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as per Topix terms of service....
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#10 Sep 15, 2007
Avid ReaderLurker wrote:
Please send Email to topix to have "Dale over rated" removed from this site. He is a cancer and has done nothing but stir up trouble constantly.
DALE IS OVERRATED

San Antonio, TX

#11 Sep 15, 2007
Kev the JackAzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Here puppy! I got a nice little noose for ya.
Why don't you go and find Michael Vick, since you both seem to have alot in common.
SERPOTY

AOL

#12 Sep 15, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Keep it up and I promise you, you will disappear from this site. Don't believe me? Just keep it up and you will be sitting all by your lonesome wondering what happened. I've seen many others banned for the same thing. People are getting way tired of your constant trouble making including me. All you do is come on here and try and get people to fight with you. So, if you want to stay then I suggest you cool it right now or leave. You are one little Email away from being gone. Catch my drift?
Everyone is hoping the ban you
DALE IS OVERRATED

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Keep it up and I promise you, you will disappear from this site. Don't believe me? Just keep it up and you will be sitting all by your lonesome wondering what happened. I've seen many others banned for the same thing. People are getting way tired of your constant trouble making including me. All you do is come on here and try and get people to fight with you. So, if you want to stay then I suggest you cool it right now or leave. You are one little Email away from being gone. Catch my drift?
Ooohhh, I love an internet threat! Love it. So, are you going to get the people from Topix to break down my door and remove my computer? You are funny. I especially got a kick out of your line: "you are one little email away from being gone." That was a nice touch. Scary and yet dramatic all at the same time.

Dipstick, even if I get banned, life will go on. I will just wait out my sentence and come back. As long as I am around next year when Jr tanks is fine by me. I can wait.

“It's all in the Science!”

Since: Jul 07

Who cares but it was Winnipeg!

#14 Sep 15, 2007
SERPOTY wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not
DALE IS OVERRATED

United States

#15 Sep 15, 2007
SERPOTY wrote:
<quoted text>
He has already been banned before. I think they banned him for being an asshat/windbag and just all around pain in the ass.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#16 Sep 15, 2007
DALE IS OVERRATED wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooohhh, I love an internet threat! Love it. So, are you going to get the people from Topix to break down my door and remove my computer? You are funny. I especially got a kick out of your line: "you are one little email away from being gone." That was a nice touch. Scary and yet dramatic all at the same time.
Dipstick, even if I get banned, life will go on. I will just wait out my sentence and come back. As long as I am around next year when Jr tanks is fine by me. I can wait.
Well, See you next year dude! Thanks for coming. It will be so nice tomorrow morning drinking my coffee and not having to read your nastygrams!
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#17 Sep 15, 2007
Unfreakinbelieveable wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are not
Thanks Unfreak! I know I battle with people but it is within the framwork of the subject at hand but this guy has been doing this troublemaking crap non stop. That is his sole purpose on here. Please go to my new thread and see if you agree with me. It is in the Jr forum. You will know which one!
DALE IS OVERRATED

United States

#18 Sep 15, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Well, See you next year dude! Thanks for coming. It will be so nice tomorrow morning drinking my coffee and not having to read your nastygrams!
Nasty gram? LOL! How old are you? Who says nasty gram? How lame.

I bet when you were banned the people on this site were also relieved.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#19 Sep 15, 2007
DALE IS OVERRATED wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe some were, but not as many as when you are gone!

“what the”

Since: Jun 07

New Bedford, MA

#21 Sep 15, 2007
DALE IS OVERRATED wrote:
<quoted text>
We all like TBChief, even the really arrogant jerkfaces have respect for the Chief. I didn't think that was a lower form of troll until I read you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2
More from around the web