NASCAR Takes Playing Hurt to a New Le...

NASCAR Takes Playing Hurt to a New Level

There are 5 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jun 5, 2006, titled NASCAR Takes Playing Hurt to a New Level . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Ricky Rudd once had to duct tape his swollen eyes open to race. Davey Allison, driving with a broken hand, had to glue Velcro onto his cast and the steering wheel so he could grip it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

88Fan

Meridian, ID

#1 Jun 6, 2006
To all that comment on the subject of racing hurt.Your not on the track or in the car. This decision belongs to NASCAR and the drivers the last thing we(as fans)need in NASCAR is more rule changes. The reason the sport has grown to what it is today is due to performance with GRIT and heart. Tony has both.
sheila

United States

#2 Jun 7, 2006
88Fan wrote:
To all that comment on the subject of racing hurt.Your not on the track or in the car. This decision belongs to NASCAR and the drivers the last thing we(as fans)need in NASCAR is more rule changes. The reason the sport has grown to what it is today is due to performance with GRIT and heart. Tony has both.
I agree with you!
SmokeFan1228

United States

#3 Jun 7, 2006
88Fan wrote:
I agree with you. Tony's heart, grit, and tenasity is the main reason we all love him.
drama queen

Middleboro, MA

#4 Jun 13, 2006
some1 tell me how in the world some 1 that gets in a car and goes that fast and crashes is faeking an injury i kno i dont go that fast but i get hurt and i dont fake it so haw can a driver there money comes when thier in the car not sitting side lines
Hog

Cadott, WI

#5 Jul 1, 2006
I think that the drivers are not acting hurt, Smoke was really hurtin' when he wrecked. As far as Ricky Rudd goes I would not have raced then.Davey Allison, heck I'm 12 I don't know who he is so no comment. I think that unless the injuries are life threatining the drivers should be able to drive where and when they want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Smokey Yunick is not (and may never be) in ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 LIZZY GINGERICH 1
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
News NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
News Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
News Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
News Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
More from around the web