Trio named to National Motorsports Pr...

Trio named to National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame

There are 1 comment on the Hickory Daily Record story from Nov 8, 2008, titled Trio named to National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame. In it, Hickory Daily Record reports that:

Longtime car owner Junie Donlavey and two veterans of the motorsports media, Chris Economaki and T. Taylor Warren, have been elected to the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hickory Daily Record.

jim phillips

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2009
First of all i agree with selection of these three men who poured out their heart and soul to making Nascar the great sport it is....But, where is two time championship 75 & 76 L.D. Ottinger...who won hundreds of Nascar Nationwide Races and finished in the top ten points standings 14 seasons second only to Jack Ingram's 17....Tommy Houston was inducted last year and he never won a championship...Even though I love Tommy and his entire family....L.D. should be in the NMPA Hall of Fame before Tommy....Butch Lindley is in there and L.D. won a lot more Nationwide races than Butch....Yes, Butch was a great short track driver but, L.D. exelled on all tracks including the road courses he finished 5th and 2nd at Road Atlanta and finished 2nd at Riverside....He won his last race at Bristol in 1990 with Dale Jarrett 2nd, Mark Martin 3rd, Kyle Petty 4th, and Dale Earnhardt 5th...L.D. was 51 years old at the time.....Why is L.D. not in the Hall of Fame....I wonder if politics has anything to do with it.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
News NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
News Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
News Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
News Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
News Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2
More from around the web