Dale Jr. doubles up with No. 88

Darrell Waltrip won 24 NASCAR races driving the No. 88 car. That was before his consecutive season championships in a car with a different number sponsored by Mountain Dew. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#143 Sep 22, 2007
race_fan wrote:
I've always wondered why people who accuse others of being ignorant, redneck, hillbillies, and racist based on merre latitude and longitude, never see that their accusations actually make them appear more ignorant than anything they could accuse others of being..Just a thought.
Furthermore, as a native North Carolinian, a NASCAR fan, and a Junior fan, I've always laughed at those who accuse me of being ignorant because I happen to have been born south of the Mason Dixon line, follow a sport that happened to start south of the Mason Dixon line, and follow a driver who happens to have been born south of the Mason Dixon line, as well. Granted, there are ignorant people who follow NASCAR, but ignorance is a universal trait. In my opinion, what makes one ignorant has more to do with what's inside and how they treat others, than it does with arbitrary facts like where one lives and what one likes.
Moreover, for the posters who refer to NASCAR fans as being dirty, flithy, racist hillbillies who drink lots of beer, burp, slober, and throw beercans--you've obviously never been to a NASCAR race. On average, NASCAR fans have more income per capita than any other sports fans,(much to my chagrin) it has become so business-driven than most of the fans (at least at Charlotte) look like they've just walked out of a business meeting, and I've seen various races, ethnicities, and nationalities co-mingle and cheer and jeer various drivers, as NASCAR fans and sports fans often do.
I've never seen a NASCAR fan throw a beer can, although I've seen a few throw some obscene gestures (but I've seen that in every corner of the globe, as well), I've never seen a NASCAR fan badger or harrass other races or ethnicities, and I've never seen a NASCAR fan come to the race wearing a straw hat, overalls, and playing a bango as if he or she walked out of a scene from Deliverance.
Frankly, I think the negative posters are hypocrites who condescendingly look down upon others because they actually believe negative stereotypes. Granted, all stereotypes have an element of truth, but not everyone is a stereotype! Moreover, I think they are subconsciously angry that a bunch of, as they would say, "hillbilly, rednecks from the south" have actually helped manifest one of the most popular sports in the world, one of the highest-grossing sports in the world, and increasingly, one of the most well-respected sports in the world, both from a business aspect and sports aspect.
But, thankfully, I believe everyone one can change!! There is hope!
Sorry for the long post, but I had alot to write!
Absolutely Beautiful, and True !!..Thank you!!...GREAT POST!!

“DONT TREAD ON ME!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#144 Sep 22, 2007
This is just ridicules how some people come up with things of this nature,just to get the attention of other posters. This is a nascar form,the 88 nay have routes to Hitler but there is no connection to JR,

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#145 Sep 22, 2007
race_fan wrote:
I've always wondered why people who accuse others of being ignorant, redneck, hillbillies, and racist based on merre latitude and longitude, never see that their accusations actually make them appear more ignorant than anything they could accuse others of being..Just a thought.
Furthermore, as a native North Carolinian, a NASCAR fan, and a Junior fan, I've always laughed at those who accuse me of being ignorant because I happen to have been born south of the Mason Dixon line, follow a sport that happened to start south of the Mason Dixon line, and follow a driver who happens to have been born south of the Mason Dixon line, as well. Granted, there are ignorant people who follow NASCAR, but ignorance is a universal trait. In my opinion, what makes one ignorant has more to do with what's inside and how they treat others, than it does with arbitrary facts like where one lives and what one likes.
Moreover, for the posters who refer to NASCAR fans as being dirty, flithy, racist hillbillies who drink lots of beer, burp, slober, and throw beercans--you've obviously never been to a NASCAR race. On average, NASCAR fans have more income per capita than any other sports fans,(much to my chagrin) it has become so business-driven than most of the fans (at least at Charlotte) look like they've just walked out of a business meeting, and I've seen various races, ethnicities, and nationalities co-mingle and cheer and jeer various drivers, as NASCAR fans and sports fans often do.
I've never seen a NASCAR fan throw a beer can, although I've seen a few throw some obscene gestures (but I've seen that in every corner of the globe, as well), I've never seen a NASCAR fan badger or harrass other races or ethnicities, and I've never seen a NASCAR fan come to the race wearing a straw hat, overalls, and playing a bango as if he or she walked out of a scene from Deliverance.
Frankly, I think the negative posters are hypocrites who condescendingly look down upon others because they actually believe negative stereotypes. Granted, all stereotypes have an element of truth, but not everyone is a stereotype! Moreover, I think they are subconsciously angry that a bunch of, as they would say, "hillbilly, rednecks from the south" have actually helped manifest one of the most popular sports in the world, one of the highest-grossing sports in the world, and increasingly, one of the most well-respected sports in the world, both from a business aspect and sports aspect.
GREAT POST!

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#146 Sep 22, 2007
Keith S wrote:
This is just ridicules how some people come up with things of this nature,just to get the attention of other posters. This is a nascar form,the 88 nay have routes to Hitler but there is no connection to JR,
Yes it is Keith! Happy race day to you! Busch race on if it's not rained out(hoping not)*cheers*;-)

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#147 Sep 22, 2007
Keith S wrote:
Attenion seeker's that's all, i've figured that out now! LOL,..I think!

Since: Sep 07

Tumbling Shoals, AR

#148 Sep 22, 2007
race_fan wrote:
THAT WAS A GOOD POST, ONES REAL NASCAR FANS LIKE...WE CAN LAUGH, TALK ABOUT OURS GUY "JR" , GO WATCH THE RACE..WISH WE WERE THERE AN THEN COME BACK TO OUR NASCAR FAMILY..AN "SAY DID YOU SEE WHAT SO,AN SO, DID TO SO AN SO" THATS WHAT SOME OF DO...I'VE NOT BEEN A MEMBER LONG ON HERE, BUT I CAN SAY...YOU HAVE GREAT NASCAR PEOPLE ON HERE, AN THEN THE ONES THAT PROABLY DON'T EVEN WATCH A RACE, READ A FEW POST...AN THE LET THEIR MOUTHS DO THE REST..NICE POST

Location hidden

#149 Sep 22, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is Keith! Happy race day to you! Busch race on if it's not rained out(hoping not)*cheers*;-)
Heck i am just hoping to get home in time for the cup race,if not i will just have to watch the race hear in my truck,would much rather watch it on at home though.but some of these car auctions think i have nothing better to do than Waite around for them to get there heads out of you know where.LOL

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#150 Sep 22, 2007
Keith S wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck i am just hoping to get home in time for the cup race,if not i will just have to watch the race hear in my truck,would much rather watch it on at home though.but some of these car auctions think i have nothing better to do than Waite around for them to get there heads out of you know where.LOL
I hope you get home to see it too! The Busch race is just now getting going with the Anthem!
lol,yeah can you believe that people walk around like that most of their lives?lol ;-)

Location hidden

#151 Sep 22, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you get home to see it too! The Busch race is just now getting going with the Anthem!
lol,yeah can you believe that people walk around like that most of their lives?lol ;-)
I have been sitting hear since 8am this morning waiting to pick up 8 cars,they have released 3 to me,.5 more then 10 hours to home,but they close in about a hour so they better hurry or i am leaving with out,hell with them.

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#152 Sep 22, 2007
Keith S wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been sitting hear since 8am this morning waiting to pick up 8 cars,they have released 3 to me,.5 more then 10 hours to home,but they close in about a hour so they better hurry or i am leaving with out,hell with them.
It's a good thing that they repeat races on Speed,this Busch race is already a crash fest! Good golly!

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#153 Sep 22, 2007
Keith S wrote:
<quoted text>
lol,you tell em Keith!

Carrollton, TX

#155 Sep 22, 2007
race_fan wrote:
Beautifully written post!!!

Location hidden

#156 Sep 22, 2007
race_fan wrote:
ignorance does make people blind,gr8 post!!
rocky

AOL

#157 Sep 22, 2007
buddy baker drobe the 88 also
ken

Osceola Mills, PA

#158 Sep 23, 2007
Holy Moly wrote:
I don't understand you people who come in here and trash Jr and say you hate NASCAR???? Why waste your time, you must not have lives or ya' got nothin' better to do????<quoted text>
Did'nt say I dislike jr.did you read what i wrote?I was a big fan of dale sr.back when he drove the wrangler grand prix.I didnt jump on the bandwagon.Nextell cup just is'nt as exciting as winstoncup was.I dont now your age but if not olde than 33yrs of age, you never saw good racing.bump,grind,rubbing,good old fistfighting,non-restricter plate racing.when was the last time you saw them running over 200mph,they dont do that no more.they clam they run 200+, but they dont.more like 190.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#159 Sep 23, 2007
ken wrote:
<quoted text>Did'nt say I dislike jr.did you read what i wrote?I was a big fan of dale sr.back when he drove the wrangler grand prix.I didnt jump on the bandwagon.Nextell cup just is'nt as exciting as winstoncup was.I dont now your age but if not olde than 33yrs of age, you never saw good racing.bump,grind,rubbing,good old fistfighting,non-restricter plate racing.when was the last time you saw them running over 200mph,they dont do that no more.they clam they run 200+, but they dont.more like 190.
Those sure were the day's! and i'm somewhat past the 30's ...LOL ...Old Ricky Rudd, lil Rooster of 25yrs/a Junior fan as of 3 yrs ago..But i'm not a wagon rider, Fan !..ps. and don't pick on my friend. Enjoy your day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2
More from around the web