Dale Jr. doubles up with No. 88

Darrell Waltrip won 24 NASCAR races driving the No. 88 car. That was before his consecutive season championships in a car with a different number sponsored by Mountain Dew. Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Indy Bob

San Francisco, CA

#1 Sep 20, 2007
I don't know much about Robert Yates......but he is a class act with this offer and transfer of the 88! I am a Tony Stewart fan but I hope Jr has a great year in '08.
Hmmmmmm .... there is another 8. Maybe it is time.
I hope the "evil stepmom" chokes on her #8 !!
go IU

Evansville, IN

#2 Sep 20, 2007
how do you think she became a evil stepmom to jr? It wasnt by going to church. She took his father, the number 8 was a no brainer. DEI is dead!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Sep 20, 2007
Indy Bob wrote:
I don't know much about Robert Yates......but he is a class act with this offer and transfer of the 88! I am a Tony Stewart fan but I hope Jr has a great year in '08.
You're right Bob. It was a gracious gesture from Robert and you're not alone in your wishes for Teresa either. The woman certainly doesn't care about building goodwill for her teams in NASCAR.

“Whoo hoo! He did it!”

Since: Jan 07

Winchendon Ma

#5 Sep 20, 2007
Indy Bob wrote:
Well said..good luck Jr!
Indy Fan in Georgia

Winston, GA

#6 Sep 20, 2007
Did you know ???

The main formula was invented in Marion, Virginia, named and first marketed in Johnson City, Tennessee and Knoxville, Tennessee in 1948, then by the Minges family in Fayetteville, North Carolina.----The Nascar portion of the USA

Mountain Dew was originally marketed as "zero proof moonshine" and had pictures of hillbillies on the bottle until 1973.
Mountain Dew's name is a previously-existing euphemism for moonshine

"Old Mountain Dew" an Appalachian old-time song, was used as the first advertising theme for the newly created Mountain Dew soda.

bottles of the drink has printed on them --> It'll tickle yore innards!" (just what a Nascar fan would say! haha)

National Guard, the National Guard that guards the wrong nation---Iraq

2 appropriate sponsors for North Carolinan Hillbilly driver ---> "Dale Jr"

and appropriate sponsors for his redneck fans and the rednecks of nascar.

“Whoo hoo! He did it!”

Winchendon Ma

#7 Sep 20, 2007
And a big thanks to Mr. Yates..
Karrie

Boston, MA

#8 Sep 20, 2007
Indy Fan in Georgia wrote:
Did you know ???
The main formula was invented in Marion, Virginia, named and first marketed in Johnson City, Tennessee and Knoxville, Tennessee in 1948, then by the Minges family in Fayetteville, North Carolina.----The Nascar portion of the USA
Mountain Dew was originally marketed as "zero proof moonshine" and had pictures of hillbillies on the bottle until 1973.
"Old Mountain Dew" an Appalachian old-time song, was used as the first advertising theme for the newly created Mountain Dew soda.
bottles of the drink has printed on them --> It'll tickle yore innards!" (just what a Nascar fan would say! haha)
Ironically, it says more about you that you post on a board where you feel superior to the people and the sport....than it does about either NASCAR fans or their drivers. So carry on with your nonsense but just be aware that if you THINK it makes you look smarter than us, then you're sadly mistaken. Makes me laugh!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#9 Sep 20, 2007
Did you know ???
Don't look now but your jealousy is showing. It really burns your burns how much Jr. is accomplishing. What do you do down in GA., flip burgers?
Hoosier

Columbus, IN

#10 Sep 20, 2007
Dale JR. also has some family history with the #88. His Grandfather used that number back in the 50's while driving for Petty Enterprizes. Good Luck in your new ride...
ken

Osceola Mills, PA

#12 Sep 20, 2007
Holy Moly wrote:
Apparently you do or you would not be in here running your mouth and making your stupid comments.<quoted text>
I liked nascar back when they raced. Now days they hire the pretty boys for sponsership reasons. There is alot of dam good drivers running the local paved tracks that the big team owners say are to ugly, our sponsers wont like that.if jr didnt have daddys name he wouldnt be where he is today.Hes not that great of a driver.Nextell cup sucks!back when it was winstone cup it was more like racing.screw that car of nextday.go to your local paved track or dirt track it much more exciting racing.Oh ya nascar wants less whites & more blacks in the nextell cup series.Hmmmmm.
weirdo

Fishers, IN

#13 Sep 20, 2007
88, well at least tattoo sales will be up this month to complete the tat.

Mt Dew isnt just redneck anymore, its marketed as an extreme sport drink. X-games etc embrace it. The youth loves the stuff.

Great marketing for a gimmicky driver. They should both make billions off of this, even if he never wins a championship ever.
John

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 20, 2007
I wish him luck with the 88. He seems like a good kid. I like him better than I did his Father. I agree with the feelings about the evil stepmother.
Holy Moly

Alexandria, VA

#16 Sep 20, 2007
I don't understand you people who come in here and trash Jr and say you hate NASCAR???? Why waste your time, you must not have lives or ya' got nothin' better to do????
ken wrote:
<quoted text>I liked nascar back when they raced. Now days they hire the pretty boys for sponsership reasons. There is alot of dam good drivers running the local paved tracks that the big team owners say are to ugly, our sponsers wont like that.if jr didnt have daddys name he wouldnt be where he is today.Hes not that great of a driver.Nextell cup sucks!back when it was winstone cup it was more like racing.screw that car of nextday.go to your local paved track or dirt track it much more exciting racing.Oh ya nascar wants less whites & more blacks in the nextell cup series.Hmmmmm.

“Obama Express”

Since: Dec 06

yes we can*health reform**

#17 Sep 20, 2007
Did you know ???
{GOOD OLE MOUTAIN DEW}
georgia

Carmel, IN

#18 Sep 20, 2007
sure does say alot about Yates Racing. His own stepmother wouldn't help him and yet a car owner who never had him as a driver and supports Fords gave him a number that he would really feel good about! I am a JR. fan have been since the start well 2nd to his daddy but i have always been an Earnhardt fan jr and sr. So thank you Mr. Yates and you "GO DALE" Hate to say this but i hope the wicked stepmother gets her's and i think Dale would turn over in this grave at what she's doing to JR.
Rusty

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Sep 20, 2007
Good on Junior. It'll be fun to watch him next year. I just hope the NASCAR officials settle down a little and quit making up new rules on the fly and just let the boys race for a season and see what happens when they don't try to influence the outcomes.

Carmel, IN

#20 Sep 20, 2007
then get out of here. i'm from indy and love NASCAR because you can still pronounce there names. So just go away.
who cares about boring Nascar and redneck Dale Earnfart Jr ?

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#21 Sep 20, 2007
georgia wrote:
sure does say alot about Yates Racing. His own stepmother wouldn't help him and yet a car owner who never had him as a driver and supports Fords gave him a number that he would really feel good about! I am a JR. fan have been since the start well 2nd to his daddy but i have always been an Earnhardt fan jr and sr. So thank you Mr. Yates and you "GO DALE" Hate to say this but i hope the wicked stepmother gets her's and i think Dale would turn over in this grave at what she's doing to JR.
Robert is one helluva Man! Great post!

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#22 Sep 20, 2007
Thank You. Mr. Yates .. Some ppl do have a heart.. something Teresa doesn't! What goes around comes around, i'd hate to be in her shoes when it does. JMO
Bye Bye Open Wheelers

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Sep 20, 2007
I thought old DW drove with 88 for awhile and that later with a different number he had Mountain Dew sponsorship. I'm wondering now... Who did Jr say he sought advice from when he was determining whether he should stay or leave DEI? And when Jr decided to leave who did he personally ask to attend his press conference? And who drove for Hendricks for awhile? Kind of sounds like old DW has had a hand in a lot of this behind the scenes. Hopefully Jr can get at least the same number of wins DW got with 88... 24. Oh my! See that 24 number again!! I hope both Jeff and Dale Jr have a fantastic season next year battling it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
News NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
News Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
News Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
News Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
News Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2
More from around the web