Silly NASCAR allows you to win without finishing

Tony Stewart has a broken shoulder and might not be able to drive this weekend. In the rest of the sports world, that would be a major pain in the neck. Full Story
Carey

AOL

#1 Jun 1, 2006
Well, people have been saying Nascar isn't a sport, blah, blah, blah. So Nascar's rules are very different, as is the "sport" or whatever you call it. So why are people complaining about how Nascar does it's buisiness? I think people just like to complain. Whatever.
SarahB

Greensboro, NC

#2 Jun 2, 2006
Nascar isn't like any other sport. Yeah, the driver gets the glory, but I don't see Home Depot or wireless phone companies spending MILLIONS on Barry Bonds. Tony Stewart actually works for a living. He can't stand in a field and get paid for it. If you really don't think driving is a sport- there's just no hope for you.
togo0410

Terrebonne, OR

#3 Jun 2, 2006
Why does this guy from Orlando make these statements? He probably has not actively been involved in any type of racing...most likely.

"Imagine if other sports allowed what NASCAR does, writes David Whitley of the Orlando Sentinel."

OK Mr. Whitley, its a team sport! You may have overlooked this as most of the media focus on the guy in the driver's seat..only! Yes - the driver of the Home Depot Monte Carlo is great - the best ever behind a wheel even....(Only second to Alex Zanardi in my book...anyone remember him)...anyway if your star quaterback is injured in the 3rd quarter of the SuperBowl and a old vet that you have on the bench steps in and wins the game...what's the difference? Its still the receivers, lineman, kickers, etc. giving their all for the win. The TEAM wins the game.

When Tony Stewart wins the Cup Championship, the TEAM wins!

At least he shows up to run that first lap....too many are on the bench for whatever reason and still taking the credit.
Nancy

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jun 4, 2006
I am a big Tony Stewart fan and hate he hurt his back. I do believe there is no other better to drive for him than Ricky Rudd. he is a no.1 driver and will do a fantastic a job as no one but
, Tony could do. I hope Tony will let him run, and not do any more damage to his shoulder. So I say "GO RICKY SHOW THEM YOUR STUFF"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2

Ricky Rudd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE