This week in NASCAR: Montoya breaks into standings with road victory at Infineon

Jun 29, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Courier News Online

“Kevin Harvick came to Victory Lane to say congratulations, and I saw Jeff Gordon and he said 'Great job.”

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- There was so much buildup for Juan Pablo Montoya's first NASCAR road race, he knew only a victory would satisfy his critics. via Courier News Online

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Dave

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2007

He did win and in stunningly impressive fashion, but if you have read some of the posts on these topics you will see that his critics are still not satisfied!

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2007

Dave wrote:
He did win and in stunningly impressive fashion, but if you have read some of the posts on these topics you will see that his critics are still not satisfied!
Dave,hello by the way and Happy Race weekend! JPM was soooooo funny on Trackside Live on Speed this evening! He is truly funny and a dedicated father,Husband and friend to his wife and those around him! He really had me busting up tonight! I know he is good for Nascar! Heck,all the drivers have their issues! Sure he made some idiot moves in the start of his season,but so have many others as well!:)No problems here:)

“RACING RULES ”

Since: Jan 07

Longview, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2007

mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Dave,hello by the way and Happy Race weekend! JPM was soooooo funny on Trackside Live on Speed this evening! He is truly funny and a dedicated father,Husband and friend to his wife and those around him! He really had me busting up tonight! I know he is good for Nascar! Heck,all the drivers have their issues! Sure he made some idiot moves in the start of his season,but so have many others as well!:)No problems here:)
Hey girl, don't you ever work? Having a martini and watching a repeat of practice. I am off until at least sunday nite. Spent the afternoon starting pediatric IV's. I agree JPM is good for the sport.
Dave

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2007

mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Dave,hello by the way and Happy Race weekend! JPM was soooooo funny on Trackside Live on Speed this evening! He is truly funny and a dedicated father,Husband and friend to his wife and those around him! He really had me busting up tonight! I know he is good for Nascar! Heck,all the drivers have their issues! Sure he made some idiot moves in the start of his season,but so have many others as well!:)No problems here:)
Thank's Mindy! Yes I have seen him on David Letterman and he seems to be a fun loving guy with a good sense of humor! but as a race car driver he is as competitive as they come and sometimes people mistake that as being selfish and arrogant but he is a really cool guy though! unfortunately I don't have satellite radio so I missed the Juan Montoya comedy hour tonight! lol, and I agree that he has mutured a lot just in the time sinse the start of the season, The only problem now is that after his win at Sonoma I'm hungry for more! ha, but I do know that realistically it's gonna be quite a while before he wins on an oval, but we just have to be patient and let him learn and get time and experience before we can see him winning races on ovals, Hopefully he'll do well at Walkends Glen and maybe even win that one and have some good runs on the ovals too. Thank's Mindy and have a great Weekend and race Weekend. Dave

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2007

Katie in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey girl, don't you ever work? Having a martini and watching a repeat of practice. I am off until at least sunday nite. Spent the afternoon starting pediatric IV's. I agree JPM is good for the sport.
HI Katie girl,lol yeah it seems like im a lazy 2hit,but i was up at 4am to work in the garage,as i do every day ! When i have a lift to install with my friend,it pays for 4 months of Mortgage! Im no bling.bling gal,so no salon or shopping for me:) I just want to be watching the racing and walking with my doggies in the early AM! Chatting with my wonderful UPS man/woman who is at the house everyday,sometimes twice a day 7 days a week!:)I hope you have a great weekend girl!:)
Louie Thompson

Clinton, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah he was funny on trackside live, i thought the crowd was a little rude with some of their boos and loud chanting when juan was trying to talk but he kept his composure and cracked me up lol. I like when he said he hit a golf ball through his wall at his home and couldnt get it out lol. Juan and Elliot are always funny together. He did well and qualified 5th for the nextel race, with him getting used to the COT and a good qualifying position, also with the victory high still in his system....are you thinking what i'm thinking? I'm thinking juans first oval victory this sunday.:)It Could happen. Go Juan!!!!!!!!!!

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Thank's Mindy! Yes I have seen him on David Letterman and he seems to be a fun loving guy with a good sense of humor! but as a race car driver he is as competitive as they come and sometimes people mistake that as being selfish and arrogant but he is a really cool guy though! unfortunately I don't have satellite radio so I missed the Juan Montoya comedy hour tonight! lol, and I agree that he has mutured a lot just in the time sinse the start of the season, The only problem now is that after his win at Sonoma I'm hungry for more! ha, but I do know that realistically it's gonna be quite a while before he wins on an oval, but we just have to be patient and let him learn and get time and experience before we can see him winning races on ovals, Hopefully he'll do well at Walkends Glen and maybe even win that one and have some good runs on the ovals too. Thank's Mindy and have a great Weekend and race Weekend. Dave
He will get there!:) Happy Saturday! It's a lovely day here! Don't forget the Busch series race on ABC! TODAY!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ricky Rudd Discussions

Search the Ricky Rudd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••