Yates Team Pulls Rudd Out of Retirement

Full story: The Associated Press

Robert Yates is bringing Ricky Rudd out of retirement to keep his sinking race team afloat, signing him Thursday to drive the full Nextel Cup schedule in 2007.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dave

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2006

nevada wrote:
<quoted text> I like Ricky Rudd too, I just dont think Yates can get things turned around over night. Hell at one point rumors had it he was selling out and now they are going after it again. To far behind to make it happen real quick. At this point in Rudds' career he deserves a better ride. Rousch Should have snatched him up to replace Mark Martin. Now that would have been a good ride for him. He deserves better.
I think RYR cars are better than Dale Jarrett led us to believe, maybe Jarrett is the one over the hill,he sure looked like it! Sadler was usually competitive when he could keep the car straight all day. Rudd has been able to win with every car owner except the Wood's. His wins did'nt come from just one owner like most top drivers. He is more talented than most realize and age is'nt really a factor anymore with the cars and equipment they have now. Rudd will do great!!
RuddFatback

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2007

Dozer.....you have lost your mind. Rudd is still young enough and good enough to win!
dozer wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, this is true. look at mark martin and jarett. rudd will turn up a dudd! I'm sorry people but pay attention!! they can't compete with the talent they have now.
RuddFatback

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2007

i understand where you are coming from but toyotas are made in the USA and some of our so called American cars are made in Mexico.......... Toyota in NASCAR is not the problem, its that dam Car Of Tomarrow.
nevada wrote:
Nothing against the Toyota drivers. They are just trying to extend their careers a little. But personally I think it sucks they let Toyota in and Hope they dont compete for shit. It just doe'nt seem right having that foreign crap on a Nascar track. I wish Waltrip and all these guys would have said thanks but no thanks. They could have sent a message if they could'nt have found drivers for that junk. Who is next? VW,Honda, Nissan, Oh what the hell, let them all in and ruin it all.
RuddFatback

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2007

and remember he DID turn around the #28 his first year in that seat finished 5 th in points. so although not favorable it definately can happen and The Rooster is someone who can make it happen.
RuddandNewmanFan wrote:
Last year was last year..RCR had a bad year and look what happen this year..2 out 3 cars got in the chase..the same thing can happen over at RYR..If u think Rudd wont run with them hey thats ur opinion im givin yall mine..Rudd knows what to do and he'll do it..he said he'll run with the best of um and if he says he will then he will..dont doubt him for a sec.Rooster will get it done and he will turn it around..they have confidence over there and they are gonna jump all over that confidence and take it on the track..

Since: Dec 06

Clinton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2007

RuddFatback wrote:
Dozer.....you have lost your mind. Rudd is still young enough and good enough to win!
<quoted text>
alright, guys dozer hasn't lost his mind he just see's that it is more difficult for the rudds or martins or the jarretts because they have had ample opportunities to win but haven't always done that. and by the way they still can! so cut the dude some slack fellas.
Theo

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2007

Read on either Nascar or Scene Daily that Rudd is going to drive the 88. What happened to a three car team?

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2007

Theo wrote:
Read on either Nascar or Scene Daily that Rudd is going to drive the 88. What happened to a three car team?
Theo,better check in on the Elliot Sadler forum,you have been MIA....best wishes my friend to you!! sadler's mountain,lol....hope all is well with you!:)
ranman69

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2007

Rudd is plenty capable of getting it done on the track. You guys that think that only young blood is any good must just have graduated from high school last year. Your memories are shorter than lots of things we won't talk about here.
FORD88

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2007

Glad to see Ricky back in the 88? between Toyota and COT this will through all the teams in a tailspin,hopefully RYR will catch up !
E9racin

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2007

To all of the Yates bashers. Rudd can still get up on the wheel. As far as Dale Jarrett being so great, tell me how Gilliland can in late and kicked Jarretts but week in and week out with practically no experience. I'll tell you how. To drive todays car setups you have to have balls! To get the car to turn you have to drive it like a dirt track car. Rudd has balls, he will do pretty damn good. I think Yates fell off a little when he provided all the other Ford teams the power he always had for himself and Rousch had better chassis stuff.
RuddandNewmanFan

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2007

well here is a good sign..Ricky Rudd as been in the top 10 in top speeds everyday this week at daytona and was the fastest today..so all u ricky rudd haters..sorry but Ricky's back in black..haha
ranman69

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2007

Ricky Rudd is a fine driver and he can get the job done. Nobody knows if he will get the support that he needs, buy he is plenty capable of winning anytime he's driving a car that is capable of winning.
crud

Clinton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2007

Erikk wrote:
<quoted text>
alright, guys dozer hasn't lost his mind he just see's that it is more difficult for the rudds or martins or the jarretts because they have had ample opportunities to win but haven't always done that. and by the way they still can! so cut the dude some slack fellas.
shut your face NOW. grab yourself and SQUEEZE until you DIE!!
crud

Clinton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2007

rudd's gonna do it now you sissy's!! he's so cool he will drive his 88 into the wall every race!! and I'm counting on him to be so mad he will be screaming!!
girth

Clinton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2007

Theo wrote:
three car team? how about a 2 car and 1 bus team?
Theo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2007

girth wrote:
<quoted text>
three car team? how about a 2 car and 1 bus team?
Works for me!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ricky Rudd Discussions

Search the Ricky Rudd Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
Watch Out For Stewart-Haas At New Hampshire NAS... (Jun '09) Jun '09 14_Patti_18 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••