Yates Team Pulls Rudd Out of Retirement

Yates Team Pulls Rudd Out of Retirement

There are 56 comments on the The Associated Press story from Dec 21, 2006, titled Yates Team Pulls Rudd Out of Retirement . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Robert Yates is bringing Ricky Rudd out of retirement to keep his sinking race team afloat, signing him Thursday to drive the full Nextel Cup schedule in 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Todd Harrington

Brunswick, ME

#22 Dec 27, 2006
Ricky Rudd is a #1 class act.
He has what it takes and should make little punks like the BUSH brothers kiss his feet. I will be glued to the TV because he is back racin'
thanks > #28
mac morgan

Zebulon, NC

#23 Dec 27, 2006
i think rudd is a great driver and have followed him since the bud moore years. he will go at it the best anybody can and i hope ryr has the car for him
RuddFatback

Virginia Beach, VA

#24 Dec 28, 2006
YOU ARE CORRECT!! RICKY NEVER SAID HE WAS RETIRING JUST STEPPING BACK FOR A WHILE.
RUDD 788 wrote:
Mr. RUDD, NEVER RETIRED'''''
RuddFatback

Virginia Beach, VA

#25 Dec 28, 2006
BLOW IT OUT YOUR HIND END
nevada wrote:
He should have retired because Yates and Rudd aren't going win squat. Rodd is over the hill Yates cars are junk. They don't have a chance in hell of competing at a high level.
Gail Alford

Waynesboro, VA

#26 Dec 28, 2006
I was so happy to hear that Ricky is coming back. I really miss him out there. He was my favourite and still is. I didn't watch many of the races after he left. Lots of good guys but no Ricky. He was always a safe driver and most of the problems were from someone else, a tire bad, or engine blowup. He was great and is great. I will be so thrilled to see him back in the race. It is so right,a good driver and good car is what it takes. Blessings to Mr. Rudd, and the team.
s watson

Fayetteville, NC

#27 Dec 28, 2006
Welcome back Ricky! Rudd might be old but
I bet he does better than DJ and Michael Waltrip.
RuddandNewmanFan

Charleston, WV

#28 Dec 28, 2006
s watson wrote:
you got that right man..he'll do better than them..i say he'll be a the mix for the chase
dozer

Clinton, WA

#29 Dec 28, 2006
detroit dave wrote:
thank you robert yates. i can not wait for the season to begin. go ricky 28.ricky will be great this year.
rudds all washed up. the young guns will continue to run him over! great name but he's done just like jarett.
dozer

Clinton, WA

#30 Dec 28, 2006
nevada wrote:
He should have retired because Yates and Rudd aren't going win squat. Rodd is over the hill Yates cars are junk. They don't have a chance in hell of competing at a high level.
yes, this is true. look at mark martin and jarett. rudd will turn up a dudd! I'm sorry people but pay attention!! they can't compete with the talent they have now.
dozer

Clinton, WA

#31 Dec 28, 2006
s watson wrote:
we will see. you know toyota will do fine but jarett won't and vickers? what a combo!! throw in some fries like mayfield and you got a full meal trio!! still, they're days are numbered. no, I think waltrip
can still run with the rest.
NewmanandRuddFan

Charleston, WV

#33 Dec 29, 2006
nevada wrote:
Nothing against the Toyota drivers. They are just trying to extend their careers a little. But personally I think it sucks they let Toyota in and Hope they dont compete for shit. It just doe'nt seem right having that foreign crap on a Nascar track. I wish Waltrip and all these guys would have said thanks but no thanks. They could have sent a message if they could'nt have found drivers for that junk. Who is next? VW,Honda, Nissan, Oh what the hell, let them all in and ruin it all.
THANK YOU! exactly..pretty soon u wont see ford,chevy,or dodge..it'll be nissan,toyota,honda..terrible but its probably gonna happen..
NewmanandRuddFan

Charleston, WV

#34 Dec 29, 2006
no,Rudd is not washed up..Rudd can still run with the best..only reason Ricky had problems with Wood Brothers was because it was a One car team and didnt have all the right stuff..Ricky ran good and only time he went out was because of someone else or an engine..nothing on his part..Ricky has alot in the tank..and if u dont like Ricky Rudd then why are you on here for then?
Todd Harrington

Brunswick, ME

#35 Dec 29, 2006
I agree with the last post !! If ricky rudd could do as good as he did with a not so up to par team like "wood brother " then I expect lots more from RYR !!! He can drive if you give him the package !!
Look how poor the wood brothers did this year without Ricky.....??
Todd Harrington

Brunswick, ME

#36 Dec 30, 2006
get ready for a " rudd awakening" !!!!(:
RuddandNewmanFan

Charleston, WV

#37 Dec 30, 2006
if my memory is right ken didnt do so well..i think he finished like 36 maybe..somewhere in the 30s..
dozer

Clinton, WA

#38 Dec 30, 2006
NewmanandRuddFan wrote:
no,Rudd is not washed up..Rudd can still run with the best..only reason Ricky had problems with Wood Brothers was because it was a One car team and didnt have all the right stuff..Ricky ran good and only time he went out was because of someone else or an engine..nothing on his part..Ricky has alot in the tank..and if u dont like Ricky Rudd then why are you on here for then?
your exactly right! I apologize for the cruel uninvited words of truth and now I shall disappear! go no."9"!!:)

NewmanandRuddFan

Charleston, WV

#39 Dec 30, 2006
wait talent are you talkin about here?..what new drivers are gonna take over?..kahne?.bowyer?..montoya ?..yeah right..hamlin is good yes but there aint nothin different..rudd will run just like martin did this year..consistance...but we'll find out whos wrong and whos right..go 28!!
Todd Harrington

Brunswick, ME

#40 Dec 30, 2006
that is correct ! we will see if yates racing wants to be a contender again... be serious or not, if so , then ricky is the smooth operator he needs to keep costs down and consistancy up !! it will happen. T " Hurricane" harrington.
nevada

Decatur, IL

#41 Dec 30, 2006
NewmanandRuddFan wrote:
What makes you think that the addition of Rudd is going to fix all of Yates' problems. They are not going to rebuild overnight. They went from dam near selling out to a top contender just by hiring Rudd. DON'T THINK SO! Put the best driver in the world in a junk car and he wont do shit. Did Dale Jarrett forget how to drive overnight or were his cars junk? Hell, they hired a guy to drive (Gilliland) that nobody ever heard of just because he got lucky and won one Busch @ St. Louis. They have alot of problems and Rudd is not going to compete with the big Boys this year. I like your wishful thinking but that is all it is.....
RuddandNewmanFan

Charleston, WV

#42 Dec 30, 2006
Last year was last year..RCR had a bad year and look what happen this year..2 out 3 cars got in the chase..the same thing can happen over at RYR..If u think Rudd wont run with them hey thats ur opinion im givin yall mine..Rudd knows what to do and he'll do it..he said he'll run with the best of um and if he says he will then he will..dont doubt him for a sec.Rooster will get it done and he will turn it around..they have confidence over there and they are gonna jump all over that confidence and take it on the track..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Smokey Yunick is not (and may never be) in ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 LIZZY GINGERICH 1
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
News NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
News Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
News Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
News Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
More from around the web