Yates Team Pulls Rudd Out of Retirement

Yates Team Pulls Rudd Out of Retirement

There are 56 comments on the The Associated Press story from Dec 21, 2006, titled Yates Team Pulls Rudd Out of Retirement . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Robert Yates is bringing Ricky Rudd out of retirement to keep his sinking race team afloat, signing him Thursday to drive the full Nextel Cup schedule in 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
detroit dave

AOL

#1 Dec 22, 2006
thank you robert yates. i can not wait for the season to begin. go ricky 28.ricky will be great this year.
Witko

AOL

#2 Dec 22, 2006
I Agree with you, lets make noise about the # being 28
nascar man

Ocala, FL

#3 Dec 22, 2006
Ricky Rudd and the #28, what a great pair. Cant wait till Daytona.
RUDD 788

Ocala, FL

#4 Dec 22, 2006
Mr. RUDD, NEVER RETIRED'''''
Joyce from Illinois

Camp Hill, PA

#5 Dec 23, 2006
I think it is great. Nice to see him get a shot.
Yates is pretty shrewd, and I wish them luck.

“NASCAR, HEAVY METAL, CATS ”

Since: Dec 06

JACKSON, MO

#7 Dec 23, 2006
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY, FROM THE KITTY WITH'THA GRILL!!!!!!!!!
r1BR

AOL

#8 Dec 24, 2006
nevada wrote:
He should have retired because Yates and Rudd aren't going win squat. Rodd is over the hill Yates cars are junk. They don't have a chance in hell of competing at a high level.
shut up elliot, you cant drive and never could
a_lee

Lewiston, ID

#9 Dec 24, 2006
could you please keep stupid to a minimum! sadler will kick ass in 07.
RuddandNewmanFan

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 24, 2006
Ricky Rudd is a great driver and is so unrated in my book i believe that yates with turn it around and Rudd will win a couple of races and always be in the top 10 to top 15..always running solid..i dunno y everyone is sayin yates is gonna suck just because they had 1 bad year doesnt mean they are done but ricky will git-r-done at them short tracks
nevada

Decatur, IL

#11 Dec 25, 2006
RuddandNewmanFan wrote:
Ricky Rudd is a great driver and is so unrated in my book i believe that yates with turn it around and Rudd will win a couple of races and always be in the top 10 to top 15..always running solid..i dunno y everyone is sayin yates is gonna suck just because they had 1 bad year doesnt mean they are done but ricky will git-r-done at them short tracks
I like Ricky Rudd too, I just dont think Yates can get things turned around over night. Hell at one point rumors had it he was selling out and now they are going after it again. To far behind to make it happen real quick. At this point in Rudds' career he deserves a better ride. Rousch Should have snatched him up to replace Mark Martin. Now that would have been a good ride for him. He deserves better.
RuddandNewmanFan

Charleston, WV

#12 Dec 25, 2006
you make a good point..but i just still believe that they have faith over there n i think its gonna work out..we hope
Huff

AOL

#13 Dec 25, 2006
Rudd is over the hill not a chance at winning.
Huff

AOL

#14 Dec 25, 2006
Yates needs some young blood in his car
Huff

AOL

#15 Dec 25, 2006
Not only does he need some young new driver.Nascar will not let FORD win. General Motors rules Nascar
Quincy2

Decatur, IL

#16 Dec 25, 2006
Huff wrote:
Yates needs some young blood in his car
Yates needs to build some competitve cars like they used to. Guys like Dale Jarret and Ricky Rudd dont forget how to drive overnight. The best driver in the world cant compete in junk cars.
Big Dog

Raleigh, NC

#17 Dec 26, 2006
Whether Rudd wins with the 28 all depends on the support people Robert puts in place to handle the car. Rudd is still plenty capable of winning races. Having a Crew Chief making the right calls and a pitcrew that is trained up properly and motivated is the key for this team. Robert and Doug have got to get back to building power like they use too. With the frame certification program NASCAR has now the big buck teams are going to lose some of their advantage they had over the lesser funded teams.
RuddandNewmanFan

Charleston, WV

#18 Dec 27, 2006
why would u want 2 rookie drivers? then u would be in bad shape..besides Ricky can still get you top 10's and sometimes even better..
Janelle12

United States

#20 Dec 27, 2006
the class of Rudd has been missing in racing
Janelle12

United States

#19 Dec 27, 2006
Good to have a driver like Rudd back into racing- shows young drivers a class that has been missing
RuddandNewmanFan

Charleston, WV

#21 Dec 27, 2006
has anyone heard if the number is gonna be 28 or 88?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Smokey Yunick is not (and may never be) in ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 LIZZY GINGERICH 1
Talk about Ricky Rudd (Feb '13) Aug '13 jon 3
News NASCAR driver Rudd ending retirement (Dec '06) Sep '11 Frank from Canada 10
News Road warriors ready to do battle today (Jun '10) Jun '10 NY Nascar 6
1000 Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '09) May '10 Woody 2
News Now more than ever, NASCAR needs new heroes (Oct '09) Oct '09 barr 4
News Rudd tips his hat to Martin (Oct '09) Oct '09 john ratcliffe 1
More from around the web