Ward Burton in the 88?

There are 19 comments on the May 11, 2006, CNN story titled Ward Burton in the 88?. In it, CNN reports that:

Posted: Thursday May 11, 2006 10:34AM; Updated: Thursday May 11, 2006 10:34AM One rumor that has gained momentum has Ward Burton taking over the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
DJ fan

Brampton, Canada

#123 Oct 27, 2006
Unfortunately Yates biggest thing now is a sponsor.. all the sponsors they've talked with want a young driver. Try telling a sponsor what they want is wrong. Too bad Ward cant get a sponsor to take with him..
Stephen

New Almaden, CA

#124 Oct 27, 2006
Tom Tom you are crazy about Ward Burton.
Stephen

New Almaden, CA

#125 Oct 27, 2006
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>You must say that Ward can still wheel a car !!!!!!Is that so BAD!!!
Tom Tom you are crazy about Ward Burton.
Tom Tom

Westport, CT

#126 Oct 28, 2006
Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>Tom Tom you are crazy about Ward Burton.
A little,&a little to much to drink,Ward brings back a lot of what got me hooked on NASCAR,Its agiven you have to be great driver to run cup,with out spelling it out,Ward Burtin Mark Martin his brother Jeff,these type guys are on the way out!I hate that fact,there is still alot of great guys no girls out there,the races are second to none,the young gun thing is not for me!!
Stephen

New Almaden, CA

#127 Oct 28, 2006
Your right Tom Tom.
Steven

New Almaden, CA

#128 Oct 29, 2006
Ward Burton is won of the best drivers in Histry....
peace
Tom Tom

Westport, CT

#129 Oct 29, 2006
Steven wrote:
peace
I hear YA!
Steven

New Almaden, CA

#130 Oct 30, 2006
Cool yep cool....peace
kevin and delana fan

Whitmore Lake, MI

#131 Nov 15, 2006
Steven wrote:
peace
how is he won of the best driver in history

look at joshons 500 winner brick tard
and champion chip
that a great driver in history
Steven

New Almaden, CA

#133 Nov 16, 2006
Ward Burton is better than Jeff Burton because Ward
is the big brother.
kevin and delana fan

Whitmore Lake, MI

#134 Nov 28, 2006
Steven wrote:
Ward Burton is better than Jeff Burton because Ward
is the big brother.
youmay be right that
ward is beter than jeff but i think jeff is beter than ward
Steven

Novato, CA

#135 Nov 28, 2006
kevin and delana fan wrote:
<quoted text> youmay be right that
ward is beter than jeff but i think jeff is beter than ward
We both dont know well have to find out sometime.
mindy

Scotts Valley, CA

#136 Nov 28, 2006
Steven wrote:
<quoted text>We both dont know well have to find out sometime.
Hey Steven dude,are you in desert hot springs now???cool man! how in the heck are ya?:)
Steven

Novato, CA

#137 Nov 30, 2006
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Steven dude,are you in desert hot springs now???cool man! how in the heck are ya?:)
Im good Im not a dude
see you later.
Steven

Novato, CA

#139 Dec 9, 2006
Jr in 07 wrote:
Well, it was rumored that RYR was goin to go after Johnny Sauter, but according to nascar.com , he'll be in the #70 Yellow Transportation Chevy for Haas racing next year, but he isnt talented anyways so it might be a big break for RYR. I hear they are goin hot and heavy after Ricky Rudd and as much as i'd like to see him back, i'd still rather see Ward Burton. Ward still hasnt completed a deal with Morgan McClure so there could still be some hope of RYR goin after Ward, but only because he'll be all they have left. Im not completely sure if Rudd wants to come back full time and i know RYR doesnt want to split a driver for the 88 and Stephen Leicht isnt ready to move up. One of Roush's developmental drivers, Danny O'Quinn Jr has been allowed to seek other rides so if all else fails, he could be an option as well and has alot more experience in Busch than Stephen Leicht has. Still holdin out for Ward to go to Yates though. I wouldnt mind seein Bill Davis get rid of Dave Blaney and reunite Ward back with the 22 Cat Car, that'd be cool!
Thats alot.

Since: Dec 06

Flatwoods, KY

#140 Dec 9, 2006
ward never left bill davis, he was let go without a reason by bill. and i'm glad to see johnny sauter in the 00 yellow car. he's
a sweet heart and a great guy. ward says he is working out the details to come back to racing, but on his terms. he said this at
a fundraiser for wetland preservation. He is also a great guy.
i miss that voice and his "i'll say what i want" attitude.
Steven

Novato, CA

#141 Dec 10, 2006
We know that.
True Stewart Fan

Memphis, TN

#142 Dec 13, 2006
Way to go RICKY RUDD!!! in the 88 for 2007. Lets hope he can undo the harm that Elliot Sadler caused when Elliot took Ricky's ride!
Steven

Novato, CA

#143 Dec 13, 2006
O.K.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ricky Craven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A fresh beginning (Feb '06) Jan '10 phillip 3
does he get to race again (Jan '10) Jan '10 phillip 1
News The Curse of the 25 Car Is a Myth (May '09) May '09 Dill 11
News NASCAR to debut The Driver's Seat on SIRIUS Sat... (Mar '07) Feb '09 James 4
News Ex-champ takes slice of 'Lady in Black' (Jan '08) Jan '08 Brian Corliss 1
News The end of single-car teams is at hand (Feb '07) Jul '07 Alyson 2
did ricky go over the wall at atlanta sppedway ... (Feb '07) Feb '07 JLN 1
More from around the web