Earnhardt: Don't question my commitme...

Earnhardt: Don't question my commitment level

There are 646 comments on the The State story from Jul 8, 2010, titled Earnhardt: Don't question my commitment level. In it, The State reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. broke a winless streak of more than two years with his victory Friday night in the Nationwide Series race at Daytona International Speedway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The State.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#21 Jul 11, 2010
overr88ted wrote:
i just watched one of the shows on speed, before nascar performance and of course it was mainly all jooonyers radio but all that guy does is whine and complain, mcgrew asked him if the toe was out and jooonyers response " i dont f**king know" wow good comunication joooyer the steering wheel has tape or something to mark it line it up and say yes the toe is out or no its fine? i guess thats too much work what a @$$h*le.... hurry up nation go buy some diecasts
Oh man, please find that audio clip somewhere so we can all enjoy that again!!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#22 Jul 11, 2010
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that radio chatter too and thought,'do people actually put up with this?' and... It's a real shame. I really feel sorry for RH but he's a big man who made his decision to welcome Jr to the Hendrick camps and just ended up with a kid who can't grow up. In the car throwing temper tantrums, yet completely unable to help his own cause or his team.
Good thing he has a name or else he'd be quite worthless out there.
Nobody's worthless. The team has improved compared to last year. Last Year he didn't have a snowball's chance to making the chase, now he's in 13th in closing distance. So really, he isn't worthless.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#23 Jul 11, 2010
Wow! The Junior had such an impressive run last night. Every time the crew got him out in a better position, Junior would drop back as soon as the race went green. And he fell out of the chase, again.

Guess we shouldn't question his commitment though. Why Junior said it himself in that interview, he's doing the best he can do, good thing he's got money to impress his fans, because his performance on the track is nothing to cheer about.

Location hidden

#24 Jul 11, 2010
You get over it wrote:
Wow! The Junior had such an impressive run last night. Every time the crew got him out in a better position, Junior would drop back as soon as the race went green. And he fell out of the chase, again.
Guess we shouldn't question his commitment though. Why Junior said it himself in that interview, he's doing the best he can do, good thing he's got money to impress his fans, because his performance on the track is nothing to cheer about.
Neither is Steve Wallace's. He's costing Daddy Rusty a lot of money and yet no one seems to complain about him or his last name.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#25 Jul 11, 2010
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man, please find that audio clip somewhere so we can all enjoy that again!!
I heard Joonyer's conversation with Lance. He was crying about the car and Lance asked him if the toe was out and Joonyer said, "I don't f*ck*ng know", and Lance reminded him of the tape on the steering wheel that should be at 12 o'clock, then Joonyer just blew off the question and said something to the tune of the question being a stupid one. It's no wonder why this puke can't get it together. He sounded like a spoiled little brat that wanted his mommy. This boy is not anything his fans think he is.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#26 Jul 11, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is Steve Wallace's. He's costing Daddy Rusty a lot of money and yet no one seems to complain about him or his last name.
Steve Wallace is not given top billing in NASCAR, over those who win races and multiple championships, either, is he? Steve Wallace isn't being shoved down our throats as if he's the second coming of Jesus, like Junior is. The race announcers don't go into conniptions when Steve Wallace moves from 24th to 23rd position and start to talk as if that guarantees he'll be pulling into victory lane at the end of the race. Steve Wallace is 22 years old and he's only been in NASCAR for a year, one would expect him to make rookie mistakes at this point in his career. Junior is 35 years old and been in the cup series for 10 years, he should be way beyond making the rookie mistakes and the repeated pathetic performance that is typical for him. There is no comparison between the two, Steve is a rookie just learning the ropes and Junior is a spoiled brat that thinks he should get his championship (simply because his name is Earnhardt) even though he doesn't have the talent or skill to earn it.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#27 Jul 11, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really getting desperate there, next you'll be stooping to comparing Junior to the toddlers on the push-me-go-round on the local playground. Sad thing is, those two and three year-old kids could probably beat Junior, too. But our favorite cry-baby, Junior, could easily win against them in a whining competition, so all is not lost.

Location hidden

#28 Jul 11, 2010
You miss my point. My point was, why doesn't Steve Wallace get crap for being a lousy driver? I think he's been in NASCAR over a year by now and still is destroying Daddy's equipment.
speeddemon

Houston, TX

#29 Jul 11, 2010
It doesn't matter what u say......the people on here love to fight about anything and everything.
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
You miss my point. My point was, why doesn't Steve Wallace get crap for being a lousy driver? I think he's been in NASCAR over a year by now and still is destroying Daddy's equipment.

Location hidden

#30 Jul 11, 2010
speeddemon wrote:
It doesn't matter what u say......the people on here love to fight about anything and everything.<quoted text>
Sad but true.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#31 Jul 11, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
You miss my point. Steve Wallace is not an experienced driver whose been racing in NASCAR for years. He's not expected to be a great driver and he's not being billed as an all-star like Junior is. Steve may be bashing up cars, but he's just getting started in the sport and that's expected of someone at his level. Junior's lousy performance is pathetic when you consider that he's been in cup racing for 10 years and Nationwide before that and he's billed as an all-star on the same level as the likes of Jimmy Johnson, Jeff Gordon and many others who have multiple championships. There is a huge difference between Steve Wallace and Junior, Steve is performing at a level that is expected considering his experience, Junior is not performing at the level that would be expected of someone with the experience and the equipment and team support that he has. And what's worse, NASCAR tries to make Junior the face of NASCAR and then they wonder why race attendance is so low and TV ratings are in the toilet. If Junior is the one they want to tout as being the face of the sport, what's to tune in for? A guy who consistently runs mid-pack and can't put together two sentences to do an interview. If that's the best NASCAR has to offer to represent the sport, it's no wonder NASCAR's ratings are down.

I tuned in for the Nationwide race and the cup race this weekend and it appears that Junior's big win in the number 3 car did nothing to sell more tickets and fill the seats at the track. Once again NASCAR under-estimated the effect that a win by their over-hyped crybaby would have on ratings. You'd think they would come to their senses and start to tout the real talent in the sport and drop the dead weight.

Location hidden

#32 Jul 11, 2010
You're right that Junior hasn't been running as expected, but neither has Mark Martin, his teammate.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#33 Jul 11, 2010
speeddemon wrote:
It doesn't matter what u say......the people on here love to fight about anything and everything.<quoted text>
That's what the Junior fans say when they have no legitimate argument to defend their pathetic driver against the facts. You have to claim that we are haters, that we're jealous, or some other idiotic thing. Truth is you want to avoid the reality and you hate that some of us keep reminding you that you can't change the facts no matter how much you want to support the loser that is Junior.

I'm speaking the truth and you hate it.

Location hidden

#34 Jul 11, 2010
That loser gets paid more than you so I don't see why you badmouth him.
Tom

Central District, Hong Kong

#35 Jul 11, 2010
Little E is on the up and up suck it haters,,,,,,, bwahahahahahaha!
You get over it

Katy, TX

#36 Jul 11, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
That loser gets paid more than you so I don't see why you badmouth him.
Considering you have no idea who I am or how much I get paid, your comment is completely meaningless.

I'm not badmouthing him, I'm accepting the facts and discussing his performance on a racing forum, because NASCAR makes Junior out to be the best of the best and the reality doesn't back that claim, therefore, Junior's performance, or rather his lack of performance, is a hot topic on a NASCAR forum and is discussed often. I am joining that discussion and speaking the truth. Don't get so worked up at me because Junior is so lousy he doesn't give you any good argument to come back with.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#37 Jul 11, 2010
Tom wrote:
Little E is on the up and up suck it haters,,,,,,, bwahahahahahaha!
Yes he is. Up around Rick Hendrick's balls bwahahahahaha!!

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#38 Jul 11, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve Wallace isn't a Cup driver though. They're not expected to be competitive by the same standards as a Cup driver. But Jr did the 'Busch' thing and came to the big leagues and has scored many wins in his Cup career.

BEFORE.

This is 2010 and he has not recently been competitive in Cup. And I still say he's worthless.- At least for the purpose of helping his team and himself to improve. And we can't exactly argue who's to blame for slowing progress in the 88 camp.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#39 Jul 11, 2010
In Dale's defense though, I have to submit that I've argued this point about Danica: Being over-rated and being over-publicized are two different things. I don't feel that NASCAR is making him out to be anything but what he is. NASCAR hype's everything, that's how they get articles or reports to draw attention and $ to the sport. So they're kinda supposed to be 'pushing' him for everything they can get out of it.(Whether yo feel it's being pushed down your throat is your own thing. lol)

So lets remember - it's primarily the fans with the majority of the 'Dale is great' stuff, at least IMO. Nobody really expects much from either of the 'most populars' Nationwide OR Cup. Not at this particular 'era', anyway.
Boooo jooonya

Evansville, IN

#40 Jul 11, 2010
jooonyer said it best in his post race interview. what is the point of being in the chase when you suck and know you can't win a championship even in the best equipment. same thing happened the last time the dead beat was in the chase, he finished dead last and proved he is a no talent s.o.b like tony said. jooonyer needs to look in the mirror and stop throwing his team under the bus every week. he has the best crew and they gain him spots in the pits and have the fastest cars off the truck and as soon as he grabs the steering wheel, it all goes to sh!t. jooonyer nation thought he could drive after getting lucky at daytona and he goes to a non-plate race and he flounders, whines and cries like a frikin' sissy again. jew-nyer should just quit since he is an obvious discrace to HMS. he's done enough damage already, it's time to move on and start working at jiffy lube and checking tire pressure for customers, it he can read the numbers on the gauge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Hendrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nascar Ceo Brian France's behavior at awards ce... Dec 3 Usually phartse 15
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. running outside of NASCAR's ... Oct '17 HisPhartse 6
News Denny Hamlin: 'NASCAR Drivers Should Be Making ... Oct '17 BePhartse 2
News Dale Jr. has mixed emotions about Jimmie Johnso... Sep '17 WhatPhart 15
News NASCAR's Earnhardt Jr. headed to NBC broadcast ... Jul '17 NoPharts 5
News More than 100 photos of Dale Earnhardt Jr. thro... (May '17) May '17 MorePharts 2
News NASCAR announces another format change (Feb '17) Feb '17 OnePharts 2
More from around the web