Dale Earnhardt Jr Could Break and Tie...

Dale Earnhardt Jr Could Break and Tie Two Records At Talladega

There are 81 comments on the Captain Thunder's NASCAR News story from Apr 12, 2011, titled Dale Earnhardt Jr Could Break and Tie Two Records At Talladega. In it, Captain Thunder's NASCAR News reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. needs to lead 127-laps Sunday in the Aarons 499 at Talladega Superspeedway to break the Laps Led record for Active Drivers, and a trip to victory lane would tie the Active Driver Wins record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Captain Thunder's NASCAR News.

Hilton Head

Orlando, FL

#22 Apr 19, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
Amazing, Dale Jr hasn't done anything even worth mentioning in the past 5 seasons and now they think he's going to "break and tie records" in the next race. This article is "Fantasy NASCAR" at it's best.
It's more likely he'll break his own record of "100 Sprint cup races in a row that Dale Earnhardt hasn't won", and make it 101!
I'd be surprised if he could break a sweat and tie his own shoes.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#23 Apr 19, 2011
menards wrote:
As long as the current aero package is in force, your never going to see domininant cars/drivers at daytona or dega. Both races are a crapshoot requiring more luck than skill.
I dont LIKE to pick on you, but you're often trying to enlighten someone without having the ability to do so. Why IS that?

I shouldn't need to point out what's obviously wrong with your comment. And with that, u can take your pot shots and we'll move on.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#24 Apr 19, 2011
If you have an intelligent rebuttle to anything I have to say, by all means post it. If not, half-wit third grade insults will simply be ignored. As far as my comment, 8 different winners in as many races at talladega. Is anyone one driver/team dominating as the airticle alludes to? No. Nobody is going to go into dega and lead 150 of 188 laps and dominate the race. At Daytona and Dega, is more luck than skill required? Absolutelty. Trevor Bayne, rookie, wins the Daytona 500 with a team that has won 1 other race in the last 20 years. Luck. Brad Keselowski? Luck. Any one of the front runners could have been caught up in any one of the accidents. Luck. Any one of the drivers caught up in the accidents could have been running at the front at the end. Bad Luck. Nothing wrong with my comments. The problem lies with you. Good Day.
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont LIKE to pick on you, but you're often trying to enlighten someone without having the ability to do so. Why IS that?
I shouldn't need to point out what's obviously wrong with your comment. And with that, u can take your pot shots and we'll move on.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#25 Apr 19, 2011
menards wrote:
If you have an intelligent rebuttle to anything I have to say, by all means post it. If not, half-wit third grade insults will simply be ignored. As far as my comment, 8 different winners in as many races at talladega. Is anyone one driver/team dominating as the airticle alludes to? No. Nobody is going to go into dega and lead 150 of 188 laps and dominate the race. At Daytona and Dega, is more luck than skill required? Absolutelty. Trevor Bayne, rookie, wins the Daytona 500 with a team that has won 1 other race in the last 20 years. Luck. Brad Keselowski? Luck. Any one of the front runners could have been caught up in any one of the accidents. Luck. Any one of the drivers caught up in the accidents could have been running at the front at the end. Bad Luck. Nothing wrong with my comments. The problem lies with you. Good Day.
<quoted text>
That's a typical Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon fan...Too full of themselves to understand anytime their driver wins. Had it been anybody else in victory lane he would understand that it was luck, but no anytime Gordon or Johnson goes its because of skill in their eyes. Anybody else it was luck. Luck is most often the case at Talledega and Daytona.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#26 Apr 19, 2011
menards wrote:
As long as the current aero package is in force, your never going to see domininant cars/drivers at daytona or dega. Both races are a crapshoot requiring more luck than skill.
NASCAR Cup Series racing is an EXACT science. At Daytona and Talladega, bodies are used that are not used at other tracks, and the COT was designed to be a car that could be used on any track to keep costs down. Yet, teams still find a way to make cars that race at those two tracks more aero-efficient than the ones used at other facilities. THAT is SKILL. The best technicians find a way to make cars faster at Daytona and Talladega. This is why you will always hear drivers say that when you get to these tracks, you "Have what you have." Meaning that you cannot improve much on it.

Which brings me to the drivers...

Don't cheap shot the best stockcar drivers in the world. The passes pulled off by Johnson and Earnhardt on Sunday was like seeing two driver act as one. Two cars in concert making sure that they kept minimal air between them whle weaving back and forth at 200mph.

I have a suggestion, if you don't think that THAT is Skill, then you tell me what is.

You cannot play plate racing cheap. You either have what it takes to be successful at it, or you don't, and it makes no difference if its the old 18 car pack racing or the two by two you see now. The same guys are always up front, and always in contention to win.

That is not a coincidence. It is not a crapshoot, it is a calulated game played by people who UNDERSTAND how to do it, not some stockcar lotto, like some would have you believe. It is the most UNIQUE form of racing in the world, and people either do not wish to accept it, or they are to closed-minded to understand. This is a TEAM sport, and the HENDRICK team put together the fastest four cars, and won with the fastest two guys on track.

That is not a crapshoot, that is fact. There is a reason why Hendrick wins races and championships. In the world of world-class competition, nothing comes easy. To say this is luck is just crazy.
It never has been, it never will be.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#27 Apr 19, 2011
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>I'd be surprised if he could break a sweat and tie his own shoes.
Good one!

I guess ole Dale Jr didn't do any record breaking at Talladega, yet another loss for Junior. Isn't he impressive?

Location hidden

#28 Apr 19, 2011
MarkL5 wrote:
<quoted text>NASCAR Cup Series racing is an EXACT science. At Daytona and Talladega, bodies are used that are not used at other tracks, and the COT was designed to be a car that could be used on any track to keep costs down. Yet, teams still find a way to make cars that race at those two tracks more aero-efficient than the ones used at other facilities. THAT is SKILL. The best technicians find a way to make cars faster at Daytona and Talladega. This is why you will always hear drivers say that when you get to these tracks, you "Have what you have." Meaning that you cannot improve much on it.

Which brings me to the drivers...

Don't cheap shot the best stockcar drivers in the world. The passes pulled off by Johnson and Earnhardt on Sunday was like seeing two driver act as one. Two cars in concert making sure that they kept minimal air between them whle weaving back and forth at 200mph.

I have a suggestion, if you don't think that THAT is Skill, then you tell me what is.

You cannot play plate racing cheap. You either have what it takes to be successful at it, or you don't, and it makes no difference if its the old 18 car pack racing or the two by two you see now. The same guys are always up front, and always in contention to win.

That is not a coincidence. It is not a crapshoot, it is a calulated game played by people who UNDERSTAND how to do it, not some stockcar lotto, like some would have you believe. It is the most UNIQUE form of racing in the world, and people either do not wish to accept it, or they are to closed-minded to understand. This is a TEAM sport, and the HENDRICK team put together the fastest four cars, and won with the fastest two guys on track.

That is not a crapshoot, that is fact. There is a reason why Hendrick wins races and championships. In the world of world-class competition, nothing comes easy. To say this is luck is just crazy.
Everything you say about the cars is bs. Kyle busch won on Saturday with a cracked up wrecked up pos. Cup drivers have come back with top finishes with cracked up cars. So all that aero nonsense is just that nonsense. Tommy Baldwin racing put a car in the field that lead the second most amount of laps. That car was destined for a top finish before he got punted. R u telling me tbr had top tier aero guys mulling over that car all week? No.

Which brings me to the drivers....

The same drivers are up front at every plate race? Hardly. Over the last decade we see more people win at plate tracks that rarely/never win anywhere else. Dave Blaney ran up front all day yesterday until he got punted. 88 and 48 could have just as easily been caught up in that wreck they drove through. There was no "magic powers" that got them through the wreck... They were lucky.

If plate racing wasn't a crapshoot Trevor bayne wouldn't be a 500 winner... Neither would mikey, derrick cope, and all he other hacks that only ever won on plate tracks. The drivers would even tell u daytona and dega are a crapshoot.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#30 Apr 20, 2011
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I got him arguing with him self LOL!

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#31 Apr 20, 2011
MarkL5 wrote:
<quoted text>To say this is luck is just crazy.
When u see a team go out and put 4 cars in the front 4, and bring them home in almost the exact same configuration side by side, and they stayed together in pairs the whole time, and had the plan to do that since the beginning, I'd say the only luck involed is in not getting caught up in a wreck, but other than that??

It was a plan executed to perfection. Period. Dominant cars in qualifying, and drivers who were apparently dominant on the track. Had the cars OR drivers' skill has been lacking in any way, I'm sure they wouldn't be 2x2 in the photo finish.

menards don't know wtf he's talking about; (surprised?) He refers to KB winning in NNS like we never see THAT happen. Busch kicks ass no matter what, regardless, whenever the mood hits. He refers to Trevor Bayne - who's proven he can do the 2-car Tango and says he was lucky. He also brings up 'last decade like they've been racing this new style forever. Also refers to how many different winners there are which is absolutely a direct result of people who would be up front often getting caught in wrecks.

He's an endless source of pathetic logic, and I just lmao as I type that cuzz its hillarious to me.

OF COURSE LUCK PLAYS A PART IN --SURVIVING-- A RACE!! DUH!! NOBODY IS GONNA ARGUE THAT BUT YOU!

Can u believe he'd blahbity-blah all that crap to support that argument? I already had him arguing with him self, so yeah. thats the troller's code of ethics: argue no matter what. lol even if you say you wont take part, he'll STILL rattle off more of his side of the argument HAHA

mmenards, you're such a toy...

“YA dont know ..........do ya??”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#32 Apr 20, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
Amazing, Dale Jr hasn't done anything even worth mentioning in the past 5 seasons and now they think he's going to "break and tie records" in the next race. This article is "Fantasy NASCAR" at it's best.
It's more likely he'll break his own record of "100 Sprint cup races in a row that Dale Earnhardt hasn't won", and make it 101!
Barnabus Barnabus Barnabus, "This article is fantasy NASCAR at best" No its a reality. Jr is 3rd in points, 2 top 5s and 5 top 10s out of the first 8 races. Hes doing something this year and your to blind to see it. You cant argue with the facts boy. Your simply not man enough to eat the crow that Jr is cookin up for you this year. All your claims of Jr having no talent and Sunday at Dega he showed how much talent he has and the team effort it took to put JJ in Victory Lane. Yeah it would have been nice for Jr to have won but under the circumstances 4th was pretty damn good, yet another top 5!! Your not even man enough to admit Jr is having a stellar start to the 2011 season. Now big boy, whos having trouble with the truth now?? You and all Jr haters are. Yall cant stand it that hes productive this year, your worst nightmare has come to be a reality, Jrs competitive!! So have fun prying your sofa cushions out of your ass,when Jr gets more top5s and 10s and even win ! Jrs back and your gonna hate it!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#33 Apr 20, 2011
LOL whats funny is you cant refute any of it!
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I got him arguing with him self LOL!

Location hidden

#34 Apr 20, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
menards don't know wtf he's talking about; (surprised?) He refers to KB winning in NNS like we never see THAT happen. Busch kicks ass no matter what, regardless, whenever the mood hits. He refers to Trevor Bayne - who's proven he can do the 2-car Tango and says he was lucky. He also brings up 'last decade like they've been racing this new style forever. Also refers to how many different winners there are which is absolutely a direct result of people who would be up front often getting caught in wrecks.
You FAIL at reading comprehension....AGAIN. Why dont you give it another try?

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#35 Apr 20, 2011
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
You FAIL at reading comprehension....AGAIN. Why dont you give it another try?
I'm the one that got u arguing with yourself. You seriously think you pull the same thing on me? LOL

roflmao you are soooo -my- toy.
vivix5

Lincoln, NE

#36 Apr 20, 2011
why can't everyone just get along...lol
go jr...win at Richmond!

Location hidden

#37 Apr 21, 2011
You think so? Clearly you just have a complete lack of understanding. And unfortuneately, you will NEVER get it.
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the one that got u arguing with yourself. You seriously think you pull the same thing on me? LOL
NCAG

Long Beach, CA

#38 Apr 21, 2011
menards wrote:
Did you miss the Dega race???? Hendricks Motorsports DOMINATED at a restrictor plate track.....dip wad

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#39 Apr 21, 2011
menards wrote:
You think so? Clearly you just have a complete lack of understanding. And unfortuneately, you will NEVER get it.
<quoted text>
yeah and Im just glad that in this conversation of yours there's actually nothing to get
NCAG

Long Beach, CA

#40 Apr 21, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one!
I guess ole Dale Jr didn't do any record breaking at Talladega, yet another loss for Junior. Isn't he impressive?
Well yeah Barnapus, he is impressive!You spend so much time talking about Jr I figured you had noticed his PERFORMANCE this year. But your to busy hatin and aint got the guts to admit Jr is a force to be reckoned with this year. No he didnt break these records but he finised fourth, pushin ol 5 time to the win. That takes a degree of TALENT but you blind yahoos wont admit to any of that. Okay, so Jrs slump is over, its gonna be interesting to see how his hate club responds, are they in touch with reality or will they deny the truth??????????Now stick that in your pipe and puff on it a while.....Barnapus
NCAG

Long Beach, CA

#41 Apr 21, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Alpine, that boy menard, he acts like hes a freakin expert. Just another idiot fan who has TrackPass and thinks they got the skinny on the sport.....we can tewll by what he writes hes a ignorant amos!!!!Play him for the fool he is!!!!!!!!!!

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#42 Apr 21, 2011
NCAG wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Alpine, that boy menard, he acts like hes a freakin expert. Just another idiot fan who has TrackPass and thinks they got the skinny on the sport.....we can tewll by what he writes hes a ignorant amos!!!!Play him for the fool he is!!!!!!!!!!
Ties his shoelaces together and just let him fall down on his own...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rick Hendrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Starting a NASCAR team with Powerball winnings (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Carrie Underwood Sharing the Stage with Brad Pa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 4
News Jeff Gordon is fueled by his desire to walk awa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 12
News NASCAR: Earnhardt upset with Stewart after tang... (Apr '15) Oct '15 Fart news 23
News NASCAR tracks to fans: Leave Confederate flags ... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Fart news 16
News Danica Patrick Goes Tit for Tat With Dale Earnh... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 17
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 6
More from around the web