Earnhardt apologizes to Burton after ...

Earnhardt apologizes to Burton after wreck

There are 32 comments on the MSNBC Sports story from Oct 31, 2010, titled Earnhardt apologizes to Burton after wreck. In it, MSNBC Sports reports that:

While crew members frantically worked to fix damage on the No. 88 car, Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC Sports.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
95 Thunderbird

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Oct 31, 2010
JR. is a bigger and better man than his dear old daddy was. At least when JR. screws up he is man enough to admit a mistake. I watched his old man race for years and 40 times live at various Nascar tracks and never once did I hear that S.O.B. admit that he made a mistake. So therefore the dirty pr... meant to wreck people for a win.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#2 Oct 31, 2010
95 Thunderbird wrote:
JR. is a bigger and better man than his dear old daddy was. At least when JR. screws up he is man enough to admit a mistake. I watched his old man race for years and 40 times live at various Nascar tracks and never once did I hear that S.O.B. admit that he made a mistake. So therefore the dirty pr... meant to wreck people for a win.
It was funny though, how the announcers in the booth couldn't seem to recall the name of the driver of the 88 car while they were showing the replay of the wreck. They talked all around it, but couldn't come out and say it, that THE DALE JUNIOR made a bonehead move and got into the back of Burton and made put him into the wall.

They had no problem remembering his name while he was running up front, they made sure to announce DALE EARNHARDT JR is our leader, every 100th of a second, until he messes up, then they avoid the mention of his name.
95 Thunderbird

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Oct 31, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
It was funny though, how the announcers in the booth couldn't seem to recall the name of the driver of the 88 car while they were showing the replay of the wreck. They talked all around it, but couldn't come out and say it, that THE DALE JUNIOR made a bonehead move and got into the back of Burton and made put him into the wall.
They had no problem remembering his name while he was running up front, they made sure to announce DALE EARNHARDT JR is our leader, every 100th of a second, until he messes up, then they avoid the mention of his name.
The chosen one is to lead all laps and not screw up and especially not admit to screwing up. Heck no don't admit that you messed up, your an Earnhardt.
NASCAR Guy

Grass Valley, CA

#4 Oct 31, 2010
Another pathetic Jr effort! Too bad he wiped out Burton.
Snow

United States

#5 Nov 1, 2010
I notice earlier Burton was hitting everyone he got close to. He was driving like a mad man. If Jr
had not took him out Burton would have done it himself the reckless way he was going at it.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#6 Nov 1, 2010
Snow wrote:
I notice earlier Burton was hitting everyone he got close to. He was driving like a mad man. If Jr
had not took him out Burton would have done it himself the reckless way he was going at it.
But, that is something that no one will ever know since jr took him out. Just maybe all the other drivers should have slowed to let jr back in the lead, therefore they would know where he was and could keep a close eye on him, since he IS the most talented driver of all time as well as the biggest threat to win each week.
Jim

Kingston, NH

#7 Nov 1, 2010
95 Thunderbird wrote:
At least when JR. screws up he is man enough to admit a mistake.
Yeah, just like he did when he missed his pits because, "all the signs look the same".

Then there was the time he pitted his car on the pit box line and said that NASCAR "has to look at the rule since it was only an inch over".

Great addmission of guilt.....what a "man".
Jim

Kingston, NH

#8 Nov 1, 2010
Snow wrote:
I notice earlier Burton was hitting everyone he got close to. He was driving like a mad man. If Jr
had not took him out Burton would have done it himself the reckless way he was going at it.
Where did you get your crystal ball?

Typical Jr. fan always trying to deflect the attention.
annie

Port Republic, VA

#9 Nov 1, 2010
Please read the quote from Jeff B. Seems like the fans that dislike Dale Jr are just looking for another way to degrade Dale Jr. Same old BS!

ďHe didnít mean it,Ē Burton said in a television interview.ďHe didnít do anything wrong. We just didnít get lined up. It got a little hectic getting into (turn) three, and I think I moved a little bit more than he thought I was and we just didnít get lined up right. It wonít be the last time it happens.Ē
You get over it

Katy, TX

#10 Nov 1, 2010
annie wrote:
Please read the quote from Jeff B. Seems like the fans that dislike Dale Jr are just looking for another way to degrade Dale Jr. Same old BS!
ďHe didnít mean it,Ē Burton said in a television interview.ďHe didnít do anything wrong. We just didnít get lined up. It got a little hectic getting into (turn) three, and I think I moved a little bit more than he thought I was and we just didnít get lined up right. It wonít be the last time it happens.Ē
It happened because Junior doesn't have the talent to bump draft. Junior hit Burton and took him out, it doesn't matter what Junior meant to do, fact is, he made a bonehead move and it took out a good Chase driver. Only good thing about it, is that it also messed up Junior's day. Karma!

Junior needs to stay in the back of the pack where he's comfortable with the familiar surroundings so he doesn't take out the competitive drivers when he messes up.
annie

Port Republic, VA

#11 Nov 1, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
It happened because Junior doesn't have the talent to bump draft. Junior hit Burton and took him out, it doesn't matter what Junior meant to do, fact is, he made a bonehead move and it took out a good Chase driver. Only good thing about it, is that it also messed up Junior's day. Karma!
Junior needs to stay in the back of the pack where he's comfortable with the familiar surroundings so he doesn't take out the competitive drivers when he messes up.
Like I said same old BS! Don't You people ever get tired of posting the same BS all the time!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 1, 2010
Apparently Not. I guess You Get Over It has no Favorite driver, Just one to trash.
redrum

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Nov 1, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said same old BS! Don't You people ever get tired of posting the same BS all the time!
Time will tell, But don't you get tired of posting bull shit yourself? As you do so often.
Jim

Tilton, NH

#14 Nov 1, 2010
annie wrote:
Please read the quote from Jeff B. Seems like the fans that dislike Dale Jr are just looking for another way to degrade Dale Jr. Same old BS!
ďHe didnít mean it,Ē Burton said in a television interview.ďHe didnít do anything wrong. We just didnít get lined up. It got a little hectic getting into (turn) three, and I think I moved a little bit more than he thought I was and we just didnít get lined up right. It wonít be the last time it happens.Ē
I'm sure Jr. didn't mean to wreck JB, but fact is he did.

Fact is Jr. did do something wrong he wrecked JB.

It is the driver who is pushing to know when they can or can not bump and Jr. failed.

So please explain to me what part of Jr. wrecked JB is BS?

The only BS I see is your thought pattern which resolves Jr. of no wrong doing.
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

#15 Nov 1, 2010
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just like he did when he missed his pits because, "all the signs look the same".
Then there was the time he pitted his car on the pit box line and said that NASCAR "has to look at the rule since it was only an inch over".
Great addmission of guilt.....what a "man".
Ya your right, Jim. You got me, frankly I don't care about JR. at all. I was just making a point that he on Sunday admitted guilt, something his old man never did.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#16 Nov 1, 2010
I've been gone for awhile.
I was hoping this whole fad known as The Junior would have faded away by now.
Sad to see that isn't the case. I do see that The Junior is still crashing out other drivers though. I guess some things will never change.
Is The Junior Nation still making excuses for how the untallented, mediocre, slacker that is their namesake?
Snow

United States

#17 Nov 1, 2010
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get your crystal ball?
Typical Jr. fan always trying to deflect the attention.
Why is your attention not on a Biffle forum? You better be giving him the crystal ball he is almost now below Bowyer who had 150 points taken from him.I agree Jr made a bone head move but he did it to someone else who was making bone head moves.
What's your excuse for the Biff?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#18 Nov 1, 2010
Ski wrote:
I've been gone for awhile.
I was hoping this whole fad known as The Junior would have faded away by now.
Sad to see that isn't the case. I do see that The Junior is still crashing out other drivers though. I guess some things will never change.
Is The Junior Nation still making excuses for how the untallented, mediocre, slacker that is their namesake?
Yes he wrecked Burton but He Manned up about it and admitted it was his fault, Would Danica admit fault to anything?
Jim

Keene, NH

#19 Nov 1, 2010
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>Why is your attention not on a Biffle forum?
Why is your attention on anything but reality?
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>You better be giving him the crystal ball he is almost now below Bowyer who had 150 points taken from him.
Not sure what GB and CB have to do with Jr. wrecking JB. I guess it's just one of your ways of deflecting.
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Jr made a bone head move but he did it to someone else who was making bone head moves
You almost did it. You almost admitted Jr. made a mistake without deflecting the attention (again) on to someone else.

Unfortunatly you had to throw your opinion about the way you feel JB was driving as somehow what JB got what he deserved.

When in fact it was Jr. fault.
Snow wrote:
<quoted text>What's your excuse for the Biff?
I would expect you to know by now that I don't nor have I ever made excuses.

Unlike you I stick to the facts and not opinions and finger pointing.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#20 Nov 1, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he wrecked Burton but He Manned up about it and admitted it was his fault, Would Danica admit fault to anything?
Why don't you ask Danica?

I don't recall anyone in Danica Nation (is there such a thing?) making excuses for her short commings. She does that herself.

The Junior Nation on the other hand make excuses for him. Even after he admitted that he was a slacker who didn't want to do what was necessary to be at the top in his chosen field, The Junior Nation made excuses for his mediocre performance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richard Childress Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR: Aric Almirola reportedly replacing Dani... Nov '17 Its Phartse 11
News NASCAR explains ambulance incident, calls it a ... Sep '17 ThisPhart 2
News It's time to nix the NASCAR overtime line rule ... Jul '17 One phartse 4
News Remember NASCARa s Clint Bowyer? Herea s how hi... (May '17) May '17 Thats phartz 6
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... (Jul '16) Jul '16 RichK 2
News NASCAR driver apologizes for fight (Jun '16) Jun '16 WWE CRASHCAR 2016 4
News Harvick, Logano renew feud with Daytona confron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkertrain24 1
More from around the web