Budweiser Shootout Lineup Set. Dale Jr Has Pole

Feb 12, 2011 Full story: Associated Content 140

With the Shootout lineup set we can get ready for some action. Dale Earnhardt Jr picked the right Budweiser Bottle to earn the pole and will be joined by his good friend Tony Stewart on the front row.

Full Story
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#102 Feb 16, 2011
Ben Bradley wrote:
<quoted text> When you are consumed with hate as much as you and others you must have forgotten "his Dad" has been dead for over TEN years. What year was it you became a "MENSA Club member?"
What does his Dad being dead have to do with anything? Are you excusing Junior for poor performance the rest of his life because his Dad died ten years ago? That's really lame.

My Dad died 24 years ago and I'd hate to think what my life would be like now if I hadn't gotten over it and moved on. This is my life and although I miss my Dad, his death is not an excuse for me to not be the best I can be. He was not responsible for my success in life and his death is not an obstacle in my success.

Junior is a man, his success is completely up to him. It has nothing to do with his Dad. He was lucky that his Dad gave him an opportunity in racing (something he obviously would never have earned on his own) but what he does with that opportunity is his responsibility, stop putting the burden on his Dad's shoulders. It's time for Junior to grow up and put in the effort to succeed at his own career, this is his life, not his Dad's.

“Clint give me some sugar”

Since: Aug 10

Savona, NY

#103 Feb 16, 2011
dustinlong Dustin Long
#NASCAR reduces restrictor plate 1/64 of an inch ... Told it should cut about 13-15 horespower. Also allows them to go down more if needed
Trollersaurus

Concord, NC

#104 Feb 16, 2011
Good grief. Jr can't get a break. WTF!

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#105 Feb 16, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>
What does his Dad being dead have to do with anything? Are you excusing Junior for poor performance the rest of his life because his Dad died ten years ago? That's really lame.
My Dad died 24 years ago and I'd hate to think what my life would be like now if I hadn't gotten over it and moved on. This is my life and although I miss my Dad, his death is not an excuse for me to not be the best I can be. He was not responsible for my success in life and his death is not an obstacle in my success.
Junior is a man, his success is completely up to him. It has nothing to do with his Dad. He was lucky that his Dad gave him an opportunity in racing (something he obviously would never have earned on his own) but what he does with that opportunity is his responsibility, stop putting the burden on his Dad's shoulders. It's time for Junior to grow up and put in the effort to succeed at his own career, this is his life, not his Dad's.
My dad has been dead at least twice as long as Junior's and the one thing I got from the experience was to do at least as much with my life as he did, I like to think that I have. Junior needs to grow a pair of his own and step out from his fathers shadow. If his heart isn't in racing or if racing won't let him seperate himself from his fathers ghost then maybe he should retire and run his bars or run his nationwide team full time.
Jr Haters Suk

Erie, PA

#106 Feb 16, 2011
I cant stand people that believe Dale Jr. couldnít have made it without his last name. Donít forget that Dale Jr. has won 2 championships in what is now Nationwide Series. I understand that Jr. has been in a funk lately but so have a lot of good drivers. I like about 6 or 7 drivers, but Dale Jr. will always be my number one favorite. He is put under the microscope by everyone, and over criticized and over scrutinized constantly. What I really cant stand, are people that just wont allow other fans to like Jr. without telling us how stupid we are for not liking the best guy, or someone else. And I absolutely cannot tolerate people that believe we Jr. fans only like him for his last name.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#107 Feb 16, 2011
Jr Haters Suk wrote:
I cant stand people that believe Dale Jr. couldnít have made it without his last name. Donít forget that Dale Jr. has won 2 championships in what is now Nationwide Series. I understand that Jr. has been in a funk lately but so have a lot of good drivers. I like about 6 or 7 drivers, but Dale Jr. will always be my number one favorite. He is put under the microscope by everyone, and over criticized and over scrutinized constantly. What I really cant stand, are people that just wont allow other fans to like Jr. without telling us how stupid we are for not liking the best guy, or someone else. And I absolutely cannot tolerate people that believe we Jr. fans only like him for his last name.
I can't stand people who can't let someone have an opinion that differs from theirs without calling them names and labeling them "haters". Those Junior fans who won't accept truth and tear down those who are discussing the facts, simply because the facts don't support their argument that Junior is great. Junior is under the magnifying glass, seems everyone magnifies his minor accomplishments or those that happened over a decade ago (such as the Nationwide championships) and want to claim he's some kind of NASCAR legend because of them. You are free to be a Junior fan, just as others are free not to be Junior fans and we are all welcome to use this NASCAR forum to discuss the sport, including Junior. Since the press keeps making a big deal out of Junior, he is a big topic of discussion here. The good, the bad and the ugly will be discussed both by those who like Junior and those who don't like Junior. That's just the way it is.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#108 Feb 16, 2011
Jr Haters Suk wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I like Jr. but his fans are the ones who always call people haters if they don't root for Jr. Sure, he won two championships in the Busch series. So, why is it when Kyle Busch wins in that series, people always say that is a low-tiered series and that he can't win so many races on the Cup side. That's because Kyle is hated so much. Even when he went to draw his number for the Bud Shootout, the ignoramuses were booing.
Ben Bradley

Aurora, IL

#109 Feb 17, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the point, and that is people still think Jr is getting some special treatment for being Sr.s son. Sr. put together a team to get Jr. racing. DEI, while he himself was still racing for Childress. Even to the point that has been published that Sr. was "holding up" cars while allowing Jr. and Waltrip in DEI car get ahead so they could fight it out for the win. My comment was intended for all these "nit-wits" who still believe Jr. is always getting breaks. Sr. has been dead for 10 years while the kid still has not turned into a championship driver. And as far as you, I am sorry for your loss and am glad your life is good. As far as me I havent ever had parents so I know what you are saying.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#110 Feb 17, 2011
Ben Bradley wrote:
<quoted text> You missed the point, and that is people still think Jr is getting some special treatment for being Sr.s son. Sr. put together a team to get Jr. racing. DEI, while he himself was still racing for Childress. Even to the point that has been published that Sr. was "holding up" cars while allowing Jr. and Waltrip in DEI car get ahead so they could fight it out for the win. My comment was intended for all these "nit-wits" who still believe Jr. is always getting breaks. Sr. has been dead for 10 years while the kid still has not turned into a championship driver. And as far as you, I am sorry for your loss and am glad your life is good. As far as me I havent ever had parents so I know what you are saying.
Sorry, I did read your comment from the wrong angle and took away from it a different meaning then what you intended.

Junior does still get a lot of "special treatment" from NASCAR and the press because of his Dad's death and the fact that NASCAR wants so much to establish Junior as the next legend. There have been countless questionable calls, rules broken and bent, conveniently timed invisible debris cautions and changes made to benefit Junior. There have been drivers hushed and rumors in the garage and the press that there is favoritism going on in Junior's favor. Despite all the behind the scenes help and focus on saving his career, Junior still can't seem to finish better than mid pack, which is a sad testament to his talent level (or lack thereof).

I am in Daytona, as we speak, and there have been press reports from major networks that have dared to make statements about the "fix" being in for Junior this year because of the anniversary of his Dad's death. That's not coming from me, the rumors are flying around the garage, the press, the drivers. NASCAR's fixation on doing anything and everything to save Junior's career, even at the expense of other, more deserving drivers has begun to tarnish NASCAR's reputation. Now that there is so much undeniable evidence that the "fix" is in for Junior, the TV ratings and track attendance have plummeted. All to create a legend out of some immature driver who admits he doesn't want to do the "work" involved to become the legend NASCAR wants to believe he is. It's sad that NASCAR would destroy the sport to prop up someone who doesn't care enough to put the effort in. It's not fair to the drivers who aspire to be good, and drive their hearts out only to be virtually ignored because NASCAR is so focused on the also ran with the famous last name.

NASCAR may wake up and realize their mistake one day, but unfortunately it may be too late. Judging by the fading national interest and even sponsors leaving the sport, perhaps it already is too late. Yet, the spotlight is all on Junior.
Jr Haters Suk

Erie, PA

#111 Feb 17, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't stand people who can't let someone have an opinion that differs from theirs without calling them names and labeling them "haters". Those Junior fans who won't accept truth and tear down those who are discussing the facts, simply because the facts don't support their argument that Junior is great. Junior is under the magnifying glass, seems everyone magnifies his minor accomplishments or those that happened over a decade ago (such as the Nationwide championships) and want to claim he's some kind of NASCAR legend because of them. You are free to be a Junior fan, just as others are free not to be Junior fans and we are all welcome to use this NASCAR forum to discuss the sport, including Junior. Since the press keeps making a big deal out of Junior, he is a big topic of discussion here. The good, the bad and the ugly will be discussed both by those who like Junior and those who don't like Junior. That's just the way it is.
Well I never called you names, and if you took offence, then maybe some of it hit home. And why do you only focus on that part? I stated earlier that I know Jr. is not the greatest driver, and I like him anyways. I also stated that there are multiple drivers that I like, Jr. is just my number one. You must be a real NASCAR fan, and I am just an ignorant Jr. fan who cant hear the truth. The TRUTH, that should be so obvious, it irritates you. I enjoy that in the same comment you state that the forum is open for discussion, good or bad, but attack me for my opinion on Jr Haters. Why dont you do yourself a favor and just read the first sentance you wrote, then practice what you preach BARNABUS.
HATER- noun - somebody who seeks out every opportunity to belittle someone for their opinion.
So please stop being a HATER.......that's just the way it is.
Say what

Stafford, VA

#112 Feb 17, 2011
What say you know HATERS???

Nascrap fixed the first 2 races of the season so Kurt Busch would win.
Elizabeth

Lakeland, FL

#113 Feb 17, 2011
Ben Bradley wrote:
<quoted text> You missed the point, and that is people still think Jr is getting some special treatment for being Sr.s son. Sr. put together a team to get Jr. racing. DEI, while he himself was still racing for Childress. Even to the point that has been published that Sr. was "holding up" cars while allowing Jr. and Waltrip in DEI car get ahead so they could fight it out for the win. My comment was intended for all these "nit-wits" who still believe Jr. is always getting breaks. Sr. has been dead for 10 years while the kid still has not turned into a championship driver. And as far as you, I am sorry for your loss and am glad your life is good. As far as me I havent ever had parents so I know what you are saying.
That "kid" happens to be a grown man, a few years shy of forty. GOD, let the man grow up. It's disgusting how everyone thinks he is a "kid". Creepy.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#114 Feb 17, 2011
As long as it it is not jj i do not care who wins...cards carrying meber of the ANYBODY BUT JJ CLUB
Robert

Beckley, WV

#115 Feb 17, 2011
Say what wrote:
What say you know HATERS???

Nascrap fixed the first 2 races of the season so Kurt Busch would win.
What are you mad they didn't fix it for JR ?
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#116 Feb 17, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of rumors: in the press, in the garage, in the stands...that there are strings being pulled for Junior. Only problem is, Junior is such a lousy driver he can't use the advantage to his advantage. It isn't that NASCAR isn't trying, it's Junior that isn't succeeding.
Robert

Beckley, WV

#117 Feb 17, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>Lots of rumors: in the press, in the garage, in the stands...that there are strings being pulled for Junior. Only problem is, Junior is such a lousy driver he can't use the advantage to his advantage. It isn't that NASCAR isn't trying, it's Junior that isn't succeeding.
I am not a JR fan, but I think he has potential he just needs to get with the program and not worry about pissing someone off, you can not live with that fear it common knowledge that you can't make and keep everyone happy.
He needs to live and drive to make himself happy, then worry about sponsors and fans
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#118 Feb 17, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a JR fan, but I think he has potential he just needs to get with the program and not worry about pissing someone off, you can not live with that fear it common knowledge that you can't make and keep everyone happy.
He needs to live and drive to make himself happy, then worry about sponsors and fans
Problem is, Junior himself says he doesn't want to do the "work" involved to "get with the program". As far as him getting more aggressive, I don't think he has it in him. He was at one time, but when he hit the wall and got that concussion it seems to have taken a lot of the "drive" out of him. He's been quoted as saying that he just wants to come to the track to hang out with the guys and have fun. Maybe that's the difference, the other drivers go to the track to race and win.

I suppose any driver that gets with the program and puts in the effort would have potential, so I agree with you on that. Only, Junior isn't getting that done and he's been racing in Sprint Cup for over a decade now. How much longer should we all sit on the edge of our seat waiting for Junior to "get with the program" and show some potential.

In the Duals today, there was some impressive racing by the rookies, it's fantastic to see those young guys out there, full of spirit and chasing their dreams. My focus is turning to the young talent because frankly, I'm sick of hearing about how wonderful Junior is when the facts don't back up the hype.
Robert

Beckley, WV

#119 Feb 17, 2011
Barnabus wrote:
<quoted text>Problem is, Junior himself says he doesn't want to do the "work" involved to "get with the program". As far as him getting more aggressive, I don't think he has it in him. He was at one time, but when he hit the wall and got that concussion it seems to have taken a lot of the "drive" out of him. He's been quoted as saying that he just wants to come to the track to hang out with the guys and have fun. Maybe that's the difference, the other drivers go to the track to race and win.

I suppose any driver that gets with the program and puts in the effort would have potential, so I agree with you on that. Only, Junior isn't getting that done and he's been racing in Sprint Cup for over a decade now. How much longer should we all sit on the edge of our seat waiting for Junior to "get with the program" and show some potential.

In the Duals today, there was some impressive racing by the rookies, it's fantastic to see those young guys out there, full of spirit and chasing their dreams. My focus is turning to the young talent because frankly, I'm sick of hearing about how wonderful Junior is when the facts don't back up the hype.
I agree with 100% he needs to drive or get off the track, and I am also tired of hearing how great he is, he has never shown that he wants or belongs on the track, personally I'm a smoke fan but I would still like to see JR show something but such is life he'll continue under his daddy's coat tail and be a nothing, NASCAR should send him packin
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#120 Feb 17, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with 100% he needs to drive or get off the track, and I am also tired of hearing how great he is, he has never shown that he wants or belongs on the track, personally I'm a smoke fan but I would still like to see JR show something but such is life he'll continue under his daddy's coat tail and be a nothing, NASCAR should send him packin
"NASCAR should send him packin'" Now, you're talkin'. I agree 100%.
booyaa

United States

#121 Feb 17, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
plz tell me how you can fix a race??? How can u get 43+ drivers to do that?? Oh that's right u can't!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Regan Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fired up for IWK 250 Jul '14 Joshua Cochrane a... 1
JR Motorsports set to take Texas by storm in Au... Apr '14 ramfan9 1
President Obama should move to the center on tw... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 16
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Vickers doing NASCAR double duty, more notes (Jun '13) Jun '13 RacingFan20 1
NASCAR: Phoenix Racing wants Regan Smith, AJ Al... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Super 1
Winners & Losers: Denny Hamlin comes up big, Da... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Jorge 4
•••
•••

Regan Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••