Budweiser Shootout Lineup Set. Dale J...

Budweiser Shootout Lineup Set. Dale Jr Has Pole

There are 140 comments on the Associated Content story from Feb 12, 2011, titled Budweiser Shootout Lineup Set. Dale Jr Has Pole. In it, Associated Content reports that:

With the Shootout lineup set we can get ready for some action. Dale Earnhardt Jr picked the right Budweiser Bottle to earn the pole and will be joined by his good friend Tony Stewart on the front row.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

CatRod53

Chicago, IL

#41 Feb 12, 2011
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
<quoted text>not sure like I said it did not look like he got damaged but he was the last guy on lead lap ...of couse hamlin will get that spot because of the finish. But Tony ended up 11th... maybe he had some other issue. Surprised Tony was not pushing ryan but maybe he did not have the power in the end to push anyone.
I was waiting for the SHR teammates to hook up, too.
CatRod53

Chicago, IL

#42 Feb 12, 2011
LTE14 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Denny wouldn't stay with Ryan. I think the only way to win this now is if the 2 cars STAY hooked together. I don't think a slingshot move will work because the pair running behind them will blow by them both. I'm not so sure Denny would ever be content to take second and push someone else to the win.
You're right about Daytona racing - this new surface sure has changed things.

I think you're right about Denny too. But, that "what's in it for me" attitude, hasn't gotten him very far.
CatRod53

Chicago, IL

#43 Feb 12, 2011
nascar wrote:
<quoted text>
go to a race kurt busch doesnt get booed that much anymore
I wish Penske would respect him as much as the fans are beginning to. Everytime Penske signs a new driver, Kurt gets the short straw, and has to prove himself again.
CatRod53

Chicago, IL

#44 Feb 12, 2011
Thank you skittle fan club. Your loyalty is overwhelming.

But, don't be shy - speak up!
Trollersaurus

Charlotte, NC

#45 Feb 12, 2011
nascar wrote:
<quoted text>
go to a race kurt busch doesnt get booed that much anymore
I went to 3 races last year and he was, indeed, booed. I don't know what races you've been going to.
Trollersaurus

Charlotte, NC

#46 Feb 12, 2011
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been trying to make the point that Nascar fans aren't stupid and then you come up with this!
Well, it's not working!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#47 Feb 12, 2011
This new surface at Daytona makes it interesting to watch the match ups with the two by two racing it has developed early in the race but what will happen at the later stages in the race when fatigue or frustration sets in? It will be interesting to watch what happens between the teams and the drivers.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#48 Feb 13, 2011
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
As the race was just starting they talked with Harvick in car, asking about his chances to win for the 3rd consecutive year.
He didn't make it - but Pennzoil Shell did!!
And they only managed top call Kurt "Harvick" once that I heard.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#49 Feb 13, 2011
Grogan wrote:
This new surface at Daytona makes it interesting to watch the match ups with the two by two racing it has developed early in the race but what will happen at the later stages in the race when fatigue or frustration sets in? It will be interesting to watch what happens between the teams and the drivers.
You're right about it being interesting. I think you will see some 2 car pairs try to run the whole race together but I think you will also see more incidents like the ones with Mark/Kyle and Tony/Waltrip where they just cant stay hooked together and one car gets spun out.

I don't think there will be 2 packs and if somebody tries to just run around in the back to play it safe they will end up losing the draft and getting lapped.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#50 Feb 13, 2011
Trollersaurus wrote:
The only reason that Kurt Busch wasn't booed after his win is because a lot of people thought he was Kevin Harvick.
I think all avid Nascar fans knew that
Harvick was in the Bud car. Unless you had your eyes closed for the last few months how would anyone not know??????????

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#51 Feb 13, 2011
Trollersaurus wrote:
Poor Jr. Cant even catch a brek. Not even one time.
Actually I think he can and did. I mean, am I the only one who thinks the Pole bottle was set up for Jr to get it? A quick announcement to the drivers NOT to choose a specific bottle so Jr can pick it...

Location hidden

#52 Feb 13, 2011
LTE14 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right about it being interesting. I think you will see some 2 car pairs try to run the whole race together but I think you will also see more incidents like the ones with Mark/Kyle and Tony/Waltrip where they just cant stay hooked together and one car gets spun out.
I don't think there will be 2 packs and if somebody tries to just run around in the back to play it safe they will end up losing the draft and getting lapped.
I don't have any idea why one car will just spin out while in the two car pack unless it has something to do with the air flow. I'm used to seeing three to five cars in a row drafting each other but this synchronize racing is something to get used at Daytona and I wonder if the same thing will happen at Talladega

Location hidden

#53 Feb 13, 2011
I should have said is something to get use to at Daytona.

“thank you Lord”

Since: Sep 07

Alexandria

#54 Feb 13, 2011
CatRod53 wrote:
Jamie Mac is a class act! He was content to push Kurt to the finish line and make it a safe and exciting finish. Congrats to both!
I did not understand Hamlin's interview at all. He didn't apologize for sitting Ryan out to dry at the very last minute while trying to pull a bonehead stunt. He made himself out to be a good guy for not sending the 39 into the stands?! I have really tried to give Hamlin the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think it's worth it anymore. Anybody got a better take on him?
I agree with you 100% on Jaime and also on Denny.. he thought he could shuffle Ryan off his bumper to get a win?? what an idiot.. especially with the Kurt/Jaime combination right there.. Ryan did good. too bad he and Tony could not get hooked up all night long..
I feel sorry for JGR.. it looks like their guys are not going to be working together this year.. They let Kyle slide back several times, all alone.
I think NASCAR better let the teams that rely on hoses to put them back in their cars because too many packs of 2 that were sealed up the entire runs last night are not effected and so give the hoses back to those whose tehcnology had them using that. I wonder if Tony had one of the hoses they forced off the cars yesterday morning? naturally HMS did not use that technology and so is nor effected at all..
I loved what Jaime said about loyalty... I am glad that loyalty pays.. this is a good lesson for Denny for sure.
CatRod53

Chicago, IL

#55 Feb 13, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I think he can and did. I mean, am I the only one who thinks the Pole bottle was set up for Jr to get it? A quick announcement to the drivers NOT to choose a specific bottle so Jr can pick it...
I've alwsys thought, based solely on his last name, Jr has received special breaks. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#56 Feb 13, 2011
Trollersaurus wrote:
The only reason that Kurt Busch wasn't booed after his win is because a lot of people thought he was Kevin Harvick.
The only person who seemed to be confused about who was driving the Penzoil car seemed to be DW, he called Kurt "Harvick" at least once that I caught.
Trollersaurus

Charlotte, NC

#57 Feb 13, 2011
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person who seemed to be confused about who was driving the Penzoil car seemed to be DW, he called Kurt "Harvick" at least once that I caught.
So there 3 announcers calling the race and 1 was confused so that means at least 33% of the fans probably thought Kurt Busch was Kevin Harvick too. lol

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58 Feb 13, 2011
CatRod53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've alwsys thought, based solely on his last name, Jr has received special breaks. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
Here we go with the conspiracies again.
Joonyer Not

Indianapolis, IN

#59 Feb 13, 2011
Not stupid? They keep rooting for Joonyer.
Barnabus

Katy, TX

#60 Feb 13, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you aren't the only one. We also thought it was just a little too convenient that Junior got the pole, when that position was determined by draw rather than by performance on the track. Judging by the practice speeds, had that pole position been determined by speed on the track, Junior would not have been sitting on the pole last night.

So, first race of the season and already there are suspicions of NASCAR favors to give Junior the edge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Regan Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fired up for IWK 250 (Jul '14) Jul '14 Joshua Cochrane a... 1
News JR Motorsports set to take Texas by storm in Au... (Apr '14) Apr '14 ramfan9 1
News President Obama should move to the center on tw... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 16
News Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
News Vickers doing NASCAR double duty, more notes (Jun '13) Jun '13 RacingFan20 1
News NASCAR: Phoenix Racing wants Regan Smith, AJ Al... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Super 1
News Winners & Losers: Denny Hamlin comes up big, Da... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Jorge 4
More from around the web