DEI wins 1, loses 1

Jul 7, 2008 Full story: www.news-journalonline.com 10

What started as a horrible race weekend for Dale Earnhardt Inc., with the confiscation of a race car and the loss of a driver for 2009, turned into qualifying gold Friday.

Full Story
Junior Nation

United States

#1 Jul 8, 2008
Ok, so if I had my choice I think I would want my #1 driver to have his car and not face 150 point pentalty instead of sweeping the front row at a race that qualifying up front doesn't affect the outcome of the race. DEI lost a whole lot more than the "DEI wins 1, loses 1". DEI lost their only chance of getting a car into the chase. I feel bad for Truex and his team.

“I am who I am”

Since: Nov 07

I don't need your permission!

#3 Jul 8, 2008
I totally agree JN.
It the same thing different team though. Every team pushes the limit and sometimes they get caught and sometimes they do not. They just got caught!
Sad for the team and driver.

“2008 Nextel Cup Champ”

Since: Jun 08

Washington Grove, MD

#4 Jul 8, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
I totally agree JN.
It the same thing different team though. Every team pushes the limit and sometimes they get caught and sometimes they do not. They just got caught!
Good afternoon mam.:]]
Junior Nation

United States

#5 Jul 8, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
I totally agree JN.
I've been keeping an eye on NASCAR.com to see if they announce something today. So far nothing. I'm sure it will be the new standard of 150 points ++ all the other pentalties. That is going to just about squash his chances of making the chase. What a total shame.

“I am who I am”

#6 Jul 8, 2008
Rowdy Busch18 wrote:
<quoted text>Good afternoon mam.:]]
Good afternoon.
You really don't have to call me mam. You can call me lilbit. I realize I jumped you hard yesterday, I just wanted to make you understand the consequences of your actions.
Your a good person and I hope I can help in some small way to make you see the benefits of becoming a good man.
Take Care

“I am who I am”

#7 Jul 8, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been keeping an eye on NASCAR.com to see if they announce something today. So far nothing. I'm sure it will be the new standard of 150 points ++ all the other pentalties. That is going to just about squash his chances of making the chase. What a total shame.
Heck last night I heard this and couldn't seem to find an article til the very last. I keep watching every site I've found and haven't heard anything else either.

It will squash his chances at the chase unless he has a win and the others get DNF's that's about the only chance he has.
Keep me updated if you hear anything and I'll do the same.
Take Care

“2008 Nextel Cup Champ”

Since: Jun 08

Washington Grove, MD

#8 Jul 8, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon.
You really don't have to call me mam. You can call me lilbit. I realize I jumped you hard yesterday, I just wanted to make you understand the consequences of your actions.
Your a good person and I hope I can help in some small way to make you see the benefits of becoming a good man.
Take Care
You sure did lol!
Take Care
Junior Nation

United States

#9 Jul 8, 2008
lilbit88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck last night I heard this and couldn't seem to find an article til the very last. I keep watching every site I've found and haven't heard anything else either.
It will squash his chances at the chase unless he has a win and the others get DNF's that's about the only chance he has.
Keep me updated if you hear anything and I'll do the same.
Take Care
Dang, Truex got hit with the new and not so improved 150 point deal.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.-- NASCAR on Tuesday issued penalties, fines and suspensions to the car No. 1 team that competes in the Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rules infractions found last week at Daytona International Speedway (read more).

Truex Jr.The car driven by Martin Truex Jr., was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-3.8A (roof of the car does not conform to the specifications) of the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rule book.

As a result, Truex Jr. and car owner Teresa Earnhardt have been penalized 150 championship driver and 150 championship owner points, respectively.
Updated: Driver Standings | Owner Standings

Both the crew chief, Kevin Manion, and the car chief, Gary Putnam, have been suspended from the next six Sprint Cup Series events, suspended from NASCAR until Aug. 27 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

Additionally, Manion has been fined $100,000.

The infractions were discovered July 3 during opening day inspection.

“I am who I am”

#10 Jul 8, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang, Truex got hit with the new and not so improved 150 point deal.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.-- NASCAR on Tuesday issued penalties, fines and suspensions to the car No. 1 team that competes in the Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rules infractions found last week at Daytona International Speedway (read more).
Truex Jr.The car driven by Martin Truex Jr., was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-3.8A (roof of the car does not conform to the specifications) of the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rule book.
As a result, Truex Jr. and car owner Teresa Earnhardt have been penalized 150 championship driver and 150 championship owner points, respectively.
Updated: Driver Standings | Owner Standings
Both the crew chief, Kevin Manion, and the car chief, Gary Putnam, have been suspended from the next six Sprint Cup Series events, suspended from NASCAR until Aug. 27 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
Additionally, Manion has been fined $100,000.
The infractions were discovered July 3 during opening day inspection.
Thank you, I read this post from another thread where you had posted.
How sad for Truex. Wonder if this infraction and penalty will be a deciding factor in his re signing with DEI?
Terry

San Antonio, TX

#11 Jul 8, 2008
Junior Nation wrote:
Ok, so if I had my choice I think I would want my #1 driver to have his car and not face 150 point pentalty instead of sweeping the front row at a race that qualifying up front doesn't affect the outcome of the race. DEI lost a whole lot more than the "DEI wins 1, loses 1". DEI lost their only chance of getting a car into the chase. I feel bad for Truex and his team.
Dont hire truex

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Regan Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fired up for IWK 250 Jul '14 Joshua Cochrane a... 1
JR Motorsports set to take Texas by storm in Au... Apr '14 ramfan9 1
President Obama should move to the center on tw... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 16
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Vickers doing NASCAR double duty, more notes (Jun '13) Jun '13 RacingFan20 1
NASCAR: Phoenix Racing wants Regan Smith, AJ Al... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Super 1
Winners & Losers: Denny Hamlin comes up big, Da... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Jorge 4

Regan Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE