Yeley Out, Reutimann In, As Smith Retains Crucial 35th Spot

Apr 22, 2008 Full story: Paddock Talk 30

Fortunes continue to shift for teams attempting to enter, or stay, in the top 35 of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series owner standings. via Paddock Talk

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Clayton

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Apr 22, 2008
Sweet.
nasfan55

United States

#2 Apr 22, 2008
Clayton wrote:
Sweet.
Very Sweet!!!!!!!!
Clayton

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Apr 22, 2008
nasfan55 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Sweet!!!!!!!!
Ya nasfan 55 been reading all the dirt on the forum and still believe this will all settle in for mike.New team sponsers are gonna move no doubt but the cars will have sponsers ,lookin forward to Dega.Pretty sure mike will keep NAPA and who knows only the guys behind the lock doors in the negotiations with ups.Mikes team is still one of the teams UPS is talkin to.Me personally its no matter whos on the hood mike will figure it out.

“KAIZEN!”

Since: Apr 07

Gambier , Oh.

#4 Apr 22, 2008
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>Ya nasfan 55 been reading all the dirt on the forum and still believe this will all settle in for mike.New team sponsers are gonna move no doubt but the cars will have sponsers ,lookin forward to Dega.Pretty sure mike will keep NAPA and who knows only the guys behind the lock doors in the negotiations with ups.Mikes team is still one of the teams UPS is talkin to.Me personally its no matter whos on the hood mike will figure it out.
NAPA has a meeting with MWR this Thursday, I see them going no where, I hope Office Depot tells Old Roach where to get off! That sponsor would look good on the 00, for $15-$18 mil a year for 3 years! Any sane person has to ask themselves WHY would UPS want to pay RCR or RFR 23mil when I'm sure they are paying less to MWR, and have to whoever DJ drove for, for years! MWR has a 3 car operation, They will have sponsors on the hoods, Mikey can get sponsor's missing races, When other teams that were in couldn't! Remember The sponsor's poll? Who is most marketable? Jr. was No.1 of course! Mikey was No.3!!! Not bad for a guy not winning races!
nasfan55

United States

#5 Apr 22, 2008
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>Ya nasfan 55 been reading all the dirt on the forum and still believe this will all settle in for mike.New team sponsers are gonna move no doubt but the cars will have sponsers ,lookin forward to Dega.Pretty sure mike will keep NAPA and who knows only the guys behind the lock doors in the negotiations with ups.Mikes team is still one of the teams UPS is talkin to.Me personally its no matter whos on the hood mike will figure it out.
Yes I believe that Michael will have sponsors no matter what. It doesn't take much brainpower to realize that Mikey can market for almost anyone effectively.
Clayton

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Apr 22, 2008
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>NAPA has a meeting with MWR this Thursday, I see them going no where, I hope Office Depot tells Old Roach where to get off! That sponsor would look good on the 00, for $15-$18 mil a year for 3 years! Any sane person has to ask themselves WHY would UPS want to pay RCR or RFR 23mil when I'm sure they are paying less to MWR, and have to whoever DJ drove for, for years! MWR has a 3 car operation, They will have sponsors on the hoods, Mikey can get sponsor's missing races, When other teams that were in couldn't! Remember The sponsor's poll? Who is most marketable? Jr. was No.1 of course! Mikey was No.3!!! Not bad for a guy not winning races!
Excellent ,Excellent point your one smart cookie.
Clayton

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Apr 22, 2008
nasfan55 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I believe that Michael will have sponsors no matter what. It doesn't take much brainpower to realize that Mikey can market for almost anyone effectively.
Oh ya mikes well liked and a big presence ya cant take that away,another excellent point:D Boy some smart cats here.

Since: Nov 07

United States

#8 Apr 22, 2008
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>Oh ya mikes well liked and a big presence ya cant take that away,another excellent point:D Boy some smart cats here.
Mike's a big personality! He can pitch about anything. I don't think there is a sponsor out there that wouldn't consider Mike. Think about it, when you see a NAPA store who do you think of? Or Aaron's? Even the Best Western commercial's are great.
No, I don't think Mike has anything to worry about when it comes to sponsors.

Since: Aug 07

Sterling, IL

#9 Apr 22, 2008
lynnswboro wrote:
<quoted text>Mike's a big personality! He can pitch about anything. I don't think there is a sponsor out there that wouldn't consider Mike. Think about it, when you see a NAPA store who do you think of? Or Aaron's? Even the Best Western commercial's are great.
No, I don't think Mike has anything to worry about when it comes to sponsors.
I agree I like that commercial where they bring the broken car to sign that was good and it sticks with you in your head.

Since: Aug 07

Sterling, IL

#10 Apr 22, 2008
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>NAPA has a meeting with MWR this Thursday, I see them going no where, I hope Office Depot tells Old Roach where to get off! That sponsor would look good on the 00, for $15-$18 mil a year for 3 years! Any sane person has to ask themselves WHY would UPS want to pay RCR or RFR 23mil when I'm sure they are paying less to MWR, and have to whoever DJ drove for, for years! MWR has a 3 car operation, They will have sponsors on the hoods, Mikey can get sponsor's missing races, When other teams that were in couldn't! Remember The sponsor's poll? Who is most marketable? Jr. was No.1 of course! Mikey was No.3!!! Not bad for a guy not winning races!
Cool that's good news. Who was 2? I'm just wondering. Jimmie Johnson I bet, he's pretty good at speaking.
Clayton

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Apr 23, 2008
go mwr wrote:
Man that is impressive and would be neat to see the whole list.
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#12 Apr 23, 2008
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>Man that is impressive and would be neat to see the whole list.
It is!!

“Save the drama fer yer mama!!!”

Since: Mar 07

North Cackalacky

#13 Apr 23, 2008
Me too. I think Mikey could sell ice to an eskimo.
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>I agree I like that commercial where they bring the broken car to sign that was good and it sticks with you in your head.
Clayton

Winnipeg, Canada

#14 Apr 23, 2008
Holy Moly wrote:
Me too. I think Mikey could sell ice to an eskimo.<quoted text>
Hey holy how do ya get the pics on the profile i cant figure that out LOL.

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#15 Apr 23, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>Cool that's good news. Who was 2? I'm just wondering. Jimmie Johnson I bet, he's pretty good at speaking.
Yep! JJ-48 was 2nd, Jeff Gordon was 4th, Dale Sr. was still in the top 10! The busted car is a good commercial, My favorite to date is the white Cockatiel, "55 is the number of your car Michael not the speed limit!"

“KAIZEN!”

Gambier , Oh.

#16 Apr 23, 2008
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>Man that is impressive and would be neat to see the whole list.
If you go to jayski.com , then go to articles page, it's under archives from Jan or Feb. Article was done by NASCAR.com (I think?) It was called-NASCAR's most marketable! I'll have to try later,(much)I'llsee if I can find a link!

North Cackalacky

#17 Apr 23, 2008
First you have to sign up with Topix and get an account, then in your profile you can browse the pics you have stored and upload one to your profile.
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>Hey holy how do ya get the pics on the profile i cant figure that out LOL.
Dillinger

Miami, FL

#18 Apr 23, 2008
Clayton wrote:
<quoted text>Hey holy how do ya get the pics on the profile i cant figure that out LOL.
Clayton...I can't even make my own profile anymore. I made an "error" last year and this year, I tried to re-do it through Topix, but they sent me an E-mail saying there was already someone with the name Dillinger. I wrote and told them that was me! I still have not signed up properly!

North Cackalacky

#19 Apr 23, 2008
Oh yea, that is another good commercial. The look on Mikey's face when the bird says that is priceless.
go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Yep! JJ-48 was 2nd, Jeff Gordon was 4th, Dale Sr. was still in the top 10! The busted car is a good commercial, My favorite to date is the white Cockatiel, "55 is the number of your car Michael not the speed limit!"

“Anti Spam”

Since: Apr 08

Winterpeg

#20 Apr 23, 2008
Holy Moly wrote:
First you have to sign up with Topix and get an account, then in your profile you can browse the pics you have stored and upload one to your profile.<quoted text>
Thankz for the advice bud wasnt to bad once i opened my eyes lol clay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Regan Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fired up for IWK 250 Jul '14 Joshua Cochrane a... 1
JR Motorsports set to take Texas by storm in Au... (Apr '14) Apr '14 ramfan9 1
President Obama should move to the center on tw... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 16
Elliott Sadler not happy after Regan Smith spin... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaceAmerica 1
Vickers doing NASCAR double duty, more notes (Jun '13) Jun '13 RacingFan20 1
NASCAR: Phoenix Racing wants Regan Smith, AJ Al... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Super 1
Winners & Losers: Denny Hamlin comes up big, Da... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Jorge 4
More from around the web