Kahne holds off Stewart for first road course win

Jun 21, 2009 | Posted by: Shut up n drive | Full story: www.timesfreepress.com

SONOMA, Calif. a ' Kasey Kahne has snapped a 37-race winless streak by holding off Tony Stewart at Infineon Raceway for his first victory on a road course.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2009
KASEYKAHNELVR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

finally kasey got a win after a 37 winless streak. i am such a big fan of kasey and always will be. go Kasey
Farmer

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT??!?! iM SO SHOCKED, I WATCHED ALL THE LAST 40 OR SO LAPS ILL TELL YOU I HAVE NO FINGERNAILS LEFT... IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT RACE RIGHT THERE. THAT IS PROBABLY HIS BIGGEST VICTORY BESIDES THE ALL-STAR RACE.
CHUCKLES

Cedar Bluff, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 21, 2009
 
I guess winning championships entitles you to driving dirty as witnessed in todays race.Bad enough Jimmy Johnson tried to block anyone who tried to pass him, but that wasn't enough, he had to spin someone out.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 21, 2009
 
CHUCKLES wrote:
I guess winning championships entitles you to driving dirty as witnessed in todays race.Bad enough Jimmy Johnson tried to block anyone who tried to pass him, but that wasn't enough, he had to spin someone out.
Oh puhleeezze!!!
CHUCKLES

Cedar Bluff, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 21, 2009
 
Its one thing to make a car wide, but not three lanes wide. You could see he had the square head thing going on today.
Crazy

Oxford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 22, 2009
 
isnt there a jimmie johnson forum you can put that on, not on a kasey kahne forum.
CHUCKLES

Cedar Bluff, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 22, 2009
 
Crazy wrote:
isnt there a jimmie johnson forum you can put that on, not on a kasey kahne forum.
A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum....
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 22, 2009
 
It's really pathetic watching most NASCAR drivers in those pieceofshit Cars of Tomorrow trying to race on a road course.
Blah39

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 22, 2009
 
You know, you can change the channel there guy. Go watch motorcycles or the lifetime channel, maybe some people like to watch em.
just somebody

Goshen, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 22, 2009
 
Blah39 wrote:
You know, you can change the channel there guy. Go watch motorcycles or the lifetime channel, maybe some people like to watch em.
Good one, maybe they dont know how to change the channel. I dont know why these people get on a nascar forum if they dont like it.
CHUCKLES

Cedar Bluff, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 24, 2009
 
just somebody wrote:
<quoted text>Good one, maybe they dont know how to change the channel. I dont know why these people get on a nascar forum if they dont like it.
You know they have never been to a track.
just somebody

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CHUCKLES wrote:
<quoted text>You know they have never been to a track.
I have been to a few, and I love it. There is nothing like being there.A'int nothing like the real thing, baby!!!
CHUCKLES

Cedar Bluff, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 24, 2009
 
just somebody wrote:
<quoted text>I have been to a few, and I love it. There is nothing like being there.A'int nothing like the real thing, baby!!!
I've been to over 150. North Wilkesboro, getting pinged with something every lap. First race Bristol'79. DW was in the midst of winning six in a row. It's still great, but not like it was.
just somebody

West Union, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CHUCKLES wrote:
<quoted text>I've been to over 150. North Wilkesboro, getting pinged with something every lap. First race Bristol'79. DW was in the midst of winning six in a row. It's still great, but not like it was.
Been to Bristol, Dega, Charlotte and Martinsville. Your right it's not like it used to be, too many rule changes and other bullcrap, I wish they would just let them race. Have you been to Richmond, that's our next one hopefully.
Pattie

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 1, 2009
 
I like it just fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ray Evernham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) 7 hr joe 230
Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... Apr '14 Kurtfann41 1
A classic Plymouth with a NASCAR soul (Sep '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 9
NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
NASCAR: More problems for Hendrick cars at Mich... (Aug '13) Sep '13 nascar maybe best... 5
Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
NASCAR drivers among 800 at Leffler funeral (Jun '13) Jun '13 manic depressive 2 1

Search the Ray Evernham Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••