Mayfield considers selling his race team

Jul 15, 2009 Full story: NASCAR Winston Cup Scene 12

Unable to find funding since his suspension for failing a random drug test, Jeremy Mayfield is considering selling his race team.

Full Story
Old Race Fan

Iron Station, NC

#1 Jul 15, 2009
Damn good idea before he kills somebody on the track!!!!
He can't win, no loss!!!! He should be sent to a mental hospital for help.
jr trouble

Auburndale, FL

#2 Jul 16, 2009
man i would love to get his team could make some good money with it.i race back in the early 70s and mid 70s.raced against wallace and earnheart and old d w. what a time
american

Taylorsville, NC

#3 Jul 16, 2009
Mayfield only seems to test positive with NASCAR labs. He always test negative with independent labs. If I were another driver I would be scared to speak out against Nascar. If you don't tow the company line you just might test positive too.
Mayfield go away

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jul 16, 2009
The rumor is he is trying to sell his team, to buy more METH
Nascartoon

Southfield, MI

#5 Jul 16, 2009
american wrote:
Mayfield only seems to test positive with NASCAR labs. He always test negative with independent labs. If I were another driver I would be scared to speak out against Nascar. If you don't tow the company line you just might test positive too.
What exactly are these independent labs that his tested negative with? I'm not aware of a single independent test result that has been released by Jeremy? I'm aware of many claims he's made about independent tests, but not aware of any evidence to support those claims. Regardless, I'm assuming that it would have less bearing, when the test is of his choosing. The whole idea of a random test is that you don't know when it's coming, as was evidenced by this 2nd test that he failed. Besides, wasn't his explanation that the original test was a false positive because of a mixture of Adderall and Claritin? So, he's still popping both of those drugs together, even after failing a test already? Right! They sure don't seem to have been in a position to have picked a reliable lab to test the B-sample from the second test either. Wouldn't you think that if he was so worried about Nascar being out to get him, that this would have already been planned out? A test is only as reliable as the lab that performs it. Excuse time is wearing a little thin, but some people will keep insisting Nascar is out to get him regardless. Just like Jeremy will keep insisting that any evidence against him is to not be believed. We'll wait and see what happens with his B-sample, but I'm betting it will come back positive. What than will be his excuse? Will it be yet another lab (completely unassociated with Nascar) out to get him? Enough is enough. Adios Jeremy, you frigging, lying, methhead.
pookie

Fayetteville, NC

#6 Jul 17, 2009
He is caught and will end up living in trash. He weas always trailor trash and liked fat women.
Dope Hater

Saint Cloud, FL

#7 Jul 17, 2009
These people never tell the truth. I have seen it first hand. All that really matters is dope! He is lying and blaming NASCAR for his dope problems!
Ban his ass and put him in jail for 20 years.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#8 Jul 17, 2009
Excuse me, what race team is he talking about? A couple of old first edition COTs and a few parts that he's being sued for. They don't make shovels big enough to dig him out of the hole he has put himself in. All his ranting about NASCAR doctoring his samples just make him look more the fool.
bigj

United States

#9 Jul 18, 2009
he has already sold his team or what was left of it
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#10 Jul 18, 2009
bigj wrote:
he has already sold his team or what was left of it
Wonder how this will play in civil court when the people that Jeremy owes money to give evidence that Jeremy has sold off many of his assets? I hope he has reached agreement or has made restitution with these people, can we hear the term "Lean"?

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#11 Jul 18, 2009
Nascartoon wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly are these independent labs that his tested negative with? I'm not aware of a single independent test result that has been released by Jeremy? I'm aware of many claims he's made about independent tests, but not aware of any evidence to support those claims. Regardless, I'm assuming that it would have less bearing, when the test is of his choosing. The whole idea of a random test is that you don't know when it's coming, as was evidenced by this 2nd test that he failed. Besides, wasn't his explanation that the original test was a false positive because of a mixture of Adderall and Claritin? So, he's still popping both of those drugs together, even after failing a test already? Right! They sure don't seem to have been in a position to have picked a reliable lab to test the B-sample from the second test either. Wouldn't you think that if he was so worried about Nascar being out to get him, that this would have already been planned out? A test is only as reliable as the lab that performs it. Excuse time is wearing a little thin, but some people will keep insisting Nascar is out to get him regardless. Just like Jeremy will keep insisting that any evidence against him is to not be believed. We'll wait and see what happens with his B-sample, but I'm betting it will come back positive. What than will be his excuse? Will it be yet another lab (completely unassociated with Nascar) out to get him? Enough is enough. Adios Jeremy, you frigging, lying, methhead.
I use to work in a Lab and we tested for drugs all the time and everytime someone's lab work came back positive for meth or something else, they adamantly deny it and demand more tests be done by independent labs using the excuse that our lab was somehow "bought out" by the person out to get them. If only I had a nickle for everytime I went through this, I would be a very rich woman right now! lol
PieceMaker

Rozet, WY

#12 Jul 18, 2009
Last year when they pulled Petty from his car because the tests showed he "would not be safe to race" everyone stayed quite. He never got back in a car again there was no press frenzy or NASCAR and Drivers accusations. Some people are smart enough to know you can't lie your way out of somethings. I don't know anyone who cared why Petty was off the track I just knew how many were happy about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phillip McGilton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scopyd Crossbows Backs Whitt's No. 26 Apr '14 Bobby James 1
Toyota lands naming rights at famed Daytona (Feb '14) Feb '14 Joe 12
Clint Bowyer spins boss, but both get top-fives (Jul '13) Feb '14 Whoyakidding 4
Johnson widens points lead on Kenseth's bad day (Nov '13) Nov '13 WHOYAKIDDING 7
Michael Waltrip in his biggest fight for survival (Sep '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 31
Jeremy Mayfield considers selling race team (Jul '09) Oct '13 Chargeforward1 22
Hamlin 4th recipient of March of Dimes award (Sep '13) Sep '13 WHOYAKIDDING 2

Phillip McGilton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE