Kyle puts petulance aside, shows cham...

Kyle puts petulance aside, shows championship maturity

There are 12 comments on the CBS SportsLine.com story from Aug 25, 2009, titled Kyle puts petulance aside, shows championship maturity. In it, CBS SportsLine.com reports that:

I saw a different Kyle Busch this week at Bristol, and it's for the better. The sheer talent of the 24-year-old driver was still in full force with victories in the truck series race and Saturday night's Sharpie 500.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS SportsLine.com.

MISSU3

United States

#1 Aug 26, 2009
I've been trying to warn you guys. The other drivers are no competition for Kyle. He beats himself with his passion. Once he matures a little more and learns to harness that energy, the sky is the limit for his success in NASCAR. You think he dominates too much now? You ain't seen nothin' yet!
Fly

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Aug 26, 2009
MISSU3 wrote:
I've been trying to warn you guys. The other drivers are no competition for Kyle. He beats himself with his passion. Once he matures a little more and learns to harness that energy, the sky is the limit for his success in NASCAR. You think he dominates too much now? You ain't seen nothin' yet!
Pfffft!

He's lucky he had Mark racing him and not Carl or Denny or Smoke...his azz would've been in the fence, most likely.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Aug 26, 2009
Fly wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfffft!
He's lucky he had Mark racing him and not Carl or Denny or Smoke...his azz would've been in the fence, most likely.
I fully agree. The whole world has gone gaga because he behaved like an adult for one weekend. Any other driver on the circuit would have took him to the limit and then some. Mark is a good guy but frankly I'm sick to death of hearing how much he loves this and that, how wonderful everything is and lucky he is. I'd just love to hear him tell it like it is one time. If had made the pass on Shrub, Shrub would have put him in the fence in the next corner. That's really how much Shrub respects him, or anyone else.
Wang

Raleigh, NC

#4 Aug 26, 2009
Fly wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfffft!
What kind of wold is pfffft ol azz? You irritelate? Rook, most rikery, that youl head been in fence. You spalling dumby fol Urtimate Fightel?
Fan

AOL

#5 Aug 26, 2009
Best driver in Nascar!

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#6 Aug 26, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>I fully agree. The whole world has gone gaga because he behaved like an adult for one weekend. Any other driver on the circuit would have took him to the limit and then some. Mark is a good guy but frankly I'm sick to death of hearing how much he loves this and that, how wonderful everything is and lucky he is. I'd just love to hear him tell it like it is one time. If had made the pass on Shrub, Shrub would have put him in the fence in the next corner. That's really how much Shrub respects him, or anyone else.
The problem is you guys act like he wasn't sincere or anything.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#7 Aug 26, 2009
Fly wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfffft!
While I wouldn't put it past Denny to do that, I'm not so sure Carl would have and I don't think Tony would have. Like Mark said, he gave him a whole lane. There comes a point when you're racing fair or you're playing dirty and frankly no one likes drivers who purposely take out the leader in order to win a race.
The Fat and the Furious

Belleville, MI

#8 Aug 26, 2009
Kyle needs to show the maturity when he doesn't have the best day, not when he wins the race. Don't get me wrong. I thought he showed a good sign at Bristol, but I want to see the maturity when he's not flying high in victory lane. Not so much for the fans sake, but for Kyle's sake. A bad performance really gets to Kyle because of his passion to win. Unfortunately, that same emotion really affects Kyle negatively when he has a bad day. I'm fine with him getting angry and being being what some people would call, disrespectful. If that's who he is, than that's fine with me. I don't have to be a fan of his if that mentality doesn't appeal to me. Part of what makes any competitive even fun is the differing personalities. We pick to root for those who appeal to what we like and root against those who don't. People have different things appeal to them, hence the reason we have fans for very differing drivers. Anyway, all that aside. Kyle lets the bad performances affect how he races the next week it seems. That's where the maturity needs to come with Kyle. Once he learns to put a negative behind him and not affect his future performance so much, than we'll see what he's really capable of. It's not an easy thing to do either. A bad performance affects everyone to some degree, just as a good one does. Kyle, just needs to learn to shrug it off a little more and not let it hinder him to the degree that it does. The most emotional personalities usually have the hardest time learning that lesson.

Since: Jul 08

Roy, WA

#9 Aug 26, 2009
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>I fully agree. The whole world has gone gaga because he behaved like an adult for one weekend. Any other driver on the circuit would have took him to the limit and then some. Mark is a good guy but frankly I'm sick to death of hearing how much he loves this and that, how wonderful everything is and lucky he is. I'd just love to hear him tell it like it is one time. If had made the pass on Shrub, Shrub would have put him in the fence in the next corner. That's really how much Shrub respects him, or anyone else.
I fully agree. So what, he acted like an adult for one weekend. Big whoop. One weekend before, he was causing all sorts of problems with Vickers. And we are to beleive he had a complete personality overhaul in less then a week??? and seriously, Mark you really think he would have raced you clean??? You are getting senile.....
The Fat and the Furious

Belleville, MI

#10 Aug 26, 2009
14_Patti_18 wrote:
<quoted text>
While I wouldn't put it past Denny to do that, I'm not so sure Carl would have and I don't think Tony would have. Like Mark said, he gave him a whole lane. There comes a point when you're racing fair or you're playing dirty and frankly no one likes drivers who purposely take out the leader in order to win a race.
Another thing to consider, is that Bristol is not the same track that he used to be. Drivers moved each other out of the way in the past, because you either moved the leader, or you had almost zero chance to win. Now that you can pass on the top or the bottom, that changes things up a bit. Kyle chose his line (the top) and Mark was left an opportunity to get by him on the bottom. It was racing, pure and simple. In the past you moved a guy up the track by bumping him, because there was only one line, the bottom. In those days you knew if you were up front, you were going to get bumped out of the way. Drivers were much more accepting of that back than. The guy in the lead didn't like it, as you would expect, but he would have done the same if he was riding second. I don't have a problem with moving a guy if you think you can do it safely. There's many little tricks drivers use to try and get around that leader and they all use them at times. I think Mark simply thought the risk was to high of them both wrecking. That shows the maturity of a guy like Mark. You do what you can to win, but you don't wreck the leader to do it and you sure as hell don't wreck yourself and the leader. Kyle opening up the bottom showed that he understood that. He gave Mark an opportunity, without Mark having to move him over to get it.

Since: Jul 08

Roy, WA

#11 Aug 26, 2009
And for all of you who think he has changed.....think again.

http://www.racintoday.com/archives/9220
Rayna

Kansas City, MO

#12 Aug 26, 2009
The point is he raced Mark clean and earned Marks respect. That's what matters is the drivers on the track not some disgruntled fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peyton Sellers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nation-Now 1 hour ago 6:03 a.m.NASCAR looks bey... Jul 1 Hilton Head 1
News Today in History: May 22 May '16 raw 1
News Sports Briefs: Dodge leaving NASCAR (Aug '12) Aug '12 Jay 1
News Obama welcomes NASCAR Nation (Aug '09) Sep '09 Cynictologist 95
News Ambrose wins again at Watkins Glen (Aug '09) Sep '09 Buschinator 25
News Wreck Puts Unwanted Spotlight on Austin (Aug '09) Aug '09 Say What 2
News Vickers outlasts Johnson in fuel duel (Aug '09) Aug '09 jones 1
More from around the web