NASCAR: Tony Stewart - my heavy favorite

NASCAR: Tony Stewart - my heavy favorite

There are 9 comments on the KansasCity.com story from Aug 8, 2009, titled NASCAR: Tony Stewart - my heavy favorite. In it, KansasCity.com reports that:

Vegas is picking Jimmie Johnson - " the pole sitter. But, he's never wonA a road course - " being 0 for 15.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KansasCity.com.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 Aug 8, 2009
My favorite too! lol

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#2 Aug 8, 2009
I'm going with Vegas. There has to be a first time. haha

Location hidden

#3 Aug 8, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
I'm going with Vegas. There has to be a first time. haha
LOL..I can't blame you!:P JJ really does want at least one Road Race win under his belt. He probably gets tired of that question year after year!
Nascartoon

Brea, CA

#4 Aug 8, 2009
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..I can't blame you!:P JJ really does want at least one Road Race win under his belt. He probably gets tired of that question year after year!
I think he and Chad have really been working hard on getting better on the road courses. Well, as hard as you want to work for only 2 races a year anyway. We've seen some definite improvement in Jimmie's road course driving. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him pull it off on Sunday. Tony, well what really is there to say. He's dominated, Watkin's Glen over the last 7 years. I see no reason to expect him not to be one of the guys to beat. Who knows. These road courses came come down to strategy sometimes, so we could see a total surprise winner. I'd keep my eyes on Marcos too. That guy has certainly proven that he's a force to be reckoned with on the road courses and with a good starting position, he may be the man to beat. Oh! Can't forget Kurt either. His car looked strong in both practices yesterday, especially for 5 and 10 lap averages. I gotta pull for my man Jimmie of course, but I hope we'll see a competitive, fun race. Good luck to ya, whoever your rooting for.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 9, 2009
I saw an interview with Chad and he really wants them to stop road racing altogether or else add 2 more to make it worth the time, expense and trouble to run them.

They have to set up a completely different car for road races and i really don't think he is as comfortable on those courses.

However, I agree about Tony. he needs more wins for the Chase and this would be a perfect place for his next one!:-)

“Life is good...”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#6 Aug 9, 2009
I'm going with Tony, too. And I wouldn't be averse to them adding 2 more road courses. Love to watch them.

“Go Tony!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Bear, De

#7 Aug 9, 2009
Susie wrote:
I'm going with Tony, too. And I wouldn't be averse to them adding 2 more road courses. Love to watch them.
I'm with you Susie. I like the road races. I'll go with Tony too, of course:)

Since: Aug 09

AOL

#8 Aug 9, 2009
Have no doubt Tony can win. I just wonder about the other 42 taking him out intentionally or not.

“FREEDOM FIGHTER”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#9 Aug 9, 2009
While I like Tony's chances I have a feeling they better watch out for Martin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peyton Sellers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martin Truex Jr.'s No. 78 Car Again Fails Post-... (Sep '16) Sep '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Newman's title chances take hit following NASCA... (Sep '16) Sep '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News NASCAR's national series to race Riverside on S... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Klutt 1
News Nation-Now 1 hour ago 6:03 a.m.NASCAR looks bey... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Hilton Head 1
News Today in History: May 22 (May '16) May '16 raw 1
News Sports Briefs: Dodge leaving NASCAR (Aug '12) Aug '12 Jay 1
News Obama welcomes NASCAR Nation (Aug '09) Sep '09 Cynictologist 95
More from around the web