Lee Montgomery: Apparent end of Petty Enterprises is sad news

Jan 2, 2009 | Posted by: Shut up n drive | Full story: www.scenedaily.com

Richard Petty won 200 races during his legendary career at Petty Enterprises. COMMENTARY There has been no official word yet, but all the signs point to the end of the line for Petty Enterprises.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 2, 2009
Muhamed

Seattle, WA

#1 Jan 2, 2009
it appears as if this merger is in name only. GEM was already going to field three cars and that is all it appears that GEM-Petty will field as well. so essentially, the cup series has lost two more full-time race cars. the field is quickly shrinking.

it will be very interesting to see how many cars show at daytona and make plans to run full time in the cup season. in my pre-season blog posts, i came up with thirty-seven teams that look as if they will run full-time. i would be very surprised to see more than forty-five cars at daytona.
Legal14Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 2, 2009
Were all of those 37 teams sponsored? Are there some folks still looking for sponsorship?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petty Enterprises Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Friends roast absent Darrell Waltrip for charity (Oct '11) Oct '11 acrim 3
Pattie Petty diagnosed with Parkinson's disease (Oct '11) Oct '11 Tier 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Petty Enterprises People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••