Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kyle Petty and Brian France: I Am Not My Grandfather's Son

Dec 15, 2009 Full story: BleacherReport 14

What is it that Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kyle Petty, and Brian France all have in common besides their affiliation with the NASCAR racing series? NASCAR as we already know has a very rich history that goes beyond what the three of these men's fathers could have ever imagined, because the three that were mentioned are also the only third generation ...

Full Story
Mick B

Wheaton, IL

#1 Dec 15, 2009
As far a Brian France goes, he inherited what was built from the ideas from his GrandFather and other people whos very souls created an idea. They nurtured and watched it grow and grow.They passed on and passed the torch to Brian. Brian turned Nascar into Cashcar, his only motivation was and is greed. He never had a clue to the vision his GrandFather had, his only concern is money. He has shown the world what a tyrant he is.We have watched its popularity fall for years. Now that TV ratings are falling fast lets see how creative he is trying to save what his GrandFather made. Lets see if he has what it takes to build it up again on his own instincts and common sense and not by ratings programs run by companys who are looking for income groups or age brackets for viewers to keep Nascar alive. Lets see if he has some of what his GrandFather had in him.
James

AOL

#2 Dec 15, 2009
Mick B wrote:
As far a Brian France goes, he inherited what was built from the ideas from his GrandFather and other people whos very souls created an idea. They nurtured and watched it grow and grow.They passed on and passed the torch to Brian. Brian turned Nascar into Cashcar, his only motivation was and is greed. He never had a clue to the vision his GrandFather had, his only concern is money. He has shown the world what a tyrant he is.We have watched its popularity fall for years. Now that TV ratings are falling fast lets see how creative he is trying to save what his GrandFather made. Lets see if he has what it takes to build it up again on his own instincts and common sense and not by ratings programs run by companys who are looking for income groups or age brackets for viewers to keep Nascar alive. Lets see if he has some of what his GrandFather had in him.
you have any anger issues you'd like to get off your chest there Mike?

“Shoot to kill”

Since: Aug 09

Gainesville, FL

#3 Dec 16, 2009
The subject here is that if you have a successful wealthy father, its good of him to give his son no matter how little talent he may have a free ride.
Just sayin

United States

#4 Dec 16, 2009
These three no-talent hacks should have their expensive toys taken away and just give them a truck load of cash in its place. Leave the real things like Nascar, Tracks, Cars to those who can operate them properly and effectively. At least Richard Petty had the balls to make a though call. Theresa tried to keep the other moron in check. Brian France will ultimately screw things up to the point that someone will have to take over before it collapses completely.
Spoiled kids should not just be handed something because their fathers didn't practice birth control!!!!!
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

#5 Dec 16, 2009
What a bunch of BS. If not for their fathers, these three would be changing oil at the local Jiffy Lube.
Cup Fan

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 16, 2009
Since DEI's dominance has vanished from Nascar since Dale and Dale Jr. left the company you are clueless. Theresa has one agenda and that is herself. They cannot land a top driver because of her lack of dedication to winning. She is truely the death of DEI. Hopefully Dale Sr.'s kids will return to the company and eturn it to it's once dominate force in Nascar. As far as Jr. he is the third car in the Hendricks stable. Jimmy and Jeff will always come first. As soon as Jr. moved over to RCR where he belongs, he will start winning. Childress is old school and knows how to mold and polish a driver, like Jack Rousch. The rest of the owners just want a jump in the seat investment. So get your facts straight before you keep talking out your bottom half. Also DEI's stock is junk since Jr., his sister and kerry are gone. Goes to show Thresa isn't worth the $2000.00 shoes she walks around in.
Just sayin wrote:
These three no-talent hacks should have their expensive toys taken away and just give them a truck load of cash in its place. Leave the real things like Nascar, Tracks, Cars to those who can operate them properly and effectively. At least Richard Petty had the balls to make a though call. Theresa tried to keep the other moron in check. Brian France will ultimately screw things up to the point that someone will have to take over before it collapses completely.
Spoiled kids should not just be handed something because their fathers didn't practice birth control!!!!!
MISSU3

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Dec 16, 2009
Cup Fan wrote:
Since DEI's dominance has vanished from Nascar since Dale and Dale Jr. left the company you are clueless. Theresa has one agenda and that is herself. They cannot land a top driver because of her lack of dedication to winning. She is truely the death of DEI. Hopefully Dale Sr.'s kids will return to the company and eturn it to it's once dominate force in Nascar. As far as Jr. he is the third car in the Hendricks stable. Jimmy and Jeff will always come first. As soon as Jr. moved over to RCR where he belongs, he will start winning. Childress is old school and knows how to mold and polish a driver, like Jack Rousch. The rest of the owners just want a jump in the seat investment. So get your facts straight before you keep talking out your bottom half. Also DEI's stock is junk since Jr., his sister and kerry are gone. Goes to show Thresa isn't worth the $2000.00 shoes she walks around in.
<quoted text>
Dale Jr. helped kill DEI. Teresa pegged Jr. for what he is: great as a media personality...less than average on the track. Stop with Jr. moving anywhere else. The nation has ran out of excuses! If he can't win with an owner that had the top 3 finishes in the Chase, he's NOT going to win at Childress, who is struggling with the drivers they have. Teresa saw what the nation and media didn't want to believe. Dale left DEI to Teresa...bottom line. Jr. started believing the hype of his fans and the media and now the bubble has burst and he's no better off than DEI. We all know these 3 are not their fathers or grandfathers. They've all proved it over and over again.

“Shoot to kill”

Since: Aug 09

Gainesville, FL

#9 Dec 16, 2009
MISSU3 wrote:
<quoted text> Dale Jr. helped kill DEI. Teresa pegged Jr. for what he is: great as a media personality...less than average on the track. Stop with Jr. moving anywhere else. The nation has ran out of excuses! If he can't win with an owner that had the top 3 finishes in the Chase, he's NOT going to win at Childress, who is struggling with the drivers they have. Teresa saw what the nation and media didn't want to believe. Dale left DEI to Teresa...bottom line. Jr. started believing the hype of his fans and the media and now the bubble has burst and he's no better off than DEI. We all know these 3 are not their fathers or grandfathers. They've all proved it over and over again.
Good reply. True
Mick B

Saint Charles, IL

#10 Dec 16, 2009
I guess when you have considered yourself a Stock-car racing fan for many years and have watched Nascar racing being ran like a Forbes 100 List Company it has taken all the personalty from it. Brian France is at the helm AND responsible AND does nothing to change it, I guess it is frustrating. But fear not little Jimmy the best kept secret in racing is either the World of Outlaw Late Models or the Lucas Oil Late Models. These are two sanctions who still know how to put on good show and have great racing, but as far as Nascar and Brian France his ratings show what type of job he is doing. Its just a shame to watch Nascar go down the tubes.
Mick B

Saint Charles, IL

#11 Dec 16, 2009
As far as Lee Petty and grandson Kyle, Lee should be very proud. Many years ago at the now closed Santa Fe Speedway in Chicago, my young sons and I bumped into him as he was walking towards the pit area well before the races began. There were hardly any other people even at the track it was so early, but once we realized it was Kyle and gathered enough courage to speak to him, he was the most pleasent, kind and mannerful person you would want to meet. He spoke to my young boys and my self under the grandstands.He was not in any hurry and talked until we ran out of questions. A sincere kind young man and I will never forget it along with my two boys.
Sr said it

Katy, TX

#13 Dec 22, 2009
Cup Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Sr knew that Junior wasn't worth a flip, that's why he didn't leave DEI to Junior. His Father and his Step-Mother both knew the truth about him, he's got the name, but not the talent for driving or for business.
Babs

Rochester, NY

#14 Mar 1, 2010
Mick B wrote:
As far as Lee Petty and grandson Kyle, Lee should be very proud. Many years ago at the now closed Santa Fe Speedway in Chicago, my young sons and I bumped into him as he was walking towards the pit area well before the races began. There were hardly any other people even at the track it was so early, but once we realized it was Kyle and gathered enough courage to speak to him, he was the most pleasent, kind and mannerful person you would want to meet. He spoke to my young boys and my self under the grandstands.He was not in any hurry and talked until we ran out of questions. A sincere kind young man and I will never forget it along with my two boys.
While Kyle may not have lit the track up with his driving (although he did win or was competitive for quite awhile), perhaps his greatest contribution is just that: his pleasantness, kindness and mannerful way he addresses people. Fans, yes. Humans first and foremost.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#16 Mar 1, 2010
Cup Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so damn ridiculous you sound like you might be smoking something you bought from Jeremy Mayfield. There's a couple of those pipe dreams of yours that you can give up on. The Earnhardt kids ever running DEI and Jr. driving for RCR aren't happening.
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Newtown, CT

#17 Mar 1, 2010
Sr said it wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Sr knew that Junior wasn't worth a flip, that's why he didn't leave DEI to Junior. His Father and his Step-Mother both knew the truth about him, he's got the name, but not the talent for driving or for business.
Jr should go to Teresa, apologize, beg for forgiveness, and ask for a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petty Enterprises Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Friends roast absent Darrell Waltrip for charity (Oct '11) Oct '11 acrim 3
Pattie Petty diagnosed with Parkinson's disease (Oct '11) Oct '11 Tier 1

Petty Enterprises People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE