Speed moves Jimmy Spencer to Monday nights, tabs Kyle Petty for race-day shows

There are 20 comments on the Jan 21, 2010, Scene Daily story titled Speed moves Jimmy Spencer to Monday nights, tabs Kyle Petty for race-day shows. In it, Scene Daily reports that:

Former NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Kyle Petty will replace Jimmy Spencer on Speed's Sprint Cup prerace and postrace shows, and Spencer will move to a Monday night talk show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Daily.

Deb

Schoolcraft, MI

#21 Feb 11, 2010
Please bring Jimmy back. Speed listen to the fans!!!
scott moore

Waxhaw, NC

#22 Feb 11, 2010
bring jimmy, great combination with, jimmy, john and kenny!!!
james

United States

#23 Feb 11, 2010
Bring Jimmy back NOW!!!!
winman

Concord, NC

#24 Feb 11, 2010
Just now found out about the move with Jimmy wandering what had happened to him.Cmon this show used to be the buildup before the big show.SPEED bring him back!!!!It is NOT the same besides Kenny is lost without him.Can you not see that.
Bud

Upper Darby, PA

#25 Feb 11, 2010
Just as I stoped watching "This Week In NASCAR" since Alan Bestwick's departure I'll be watching less of the pre and post race coverage.Since daddy took away the keys it's been the Kyle SPEED Network.As for Jimmy I'll watch Monday nights in place of that other show that show that just got droped!Alan gets the last laugh and Jimmy gets a show!
Good luck Jimmy!
valley mess

Cortland, NY

#26 Feb 12, 2010
Bring back Jimmy. Kyle does not have the same flair that Jimmy does. You just ruined a great program. The chemistry is missing.
Eric

Sharon, MA

#27 Feb 12, 2010
Bring back Jimmy! I don't think I'll ever be able to watch Race-Day anymore!!!! Won't be the same!
sevdog499

Sapulpa, OK

#28 Feb 12, 2010
I've posted once before.. still upset that I will have to listen to Kyle ramble on and on bout' nothing. I was watching Speed's coverage of the rain out practice.. and there he was.. yaking on and on, with his 45 hat on with the black electric tape across the front of it. Sorry Kyle, you Dad just couldn't fund your driving dream. Go back to TNT.. you and Wally belong together. Free Spence!!!
Susi

Athens, OH

#29 Feb 12, 2010
Bring back Jimmy!
BGE FAN

Ottawa, IL

#30 Feb 12, 2010
I dont even like Jimmy but I think he should be sitting right there next to Kenny W - I agree that he always says what's on his mind even if it is the most stupid comment ever hey SPEED CHANNEL - BRING BACK JIMMY
dave

Inola, OK

#31 Feb 12, 2010
im done with speed channel.kyle cant hold a candle to jimmy...if jimmys gone then im gone ...ill watch my prerace on the networks
nascar fan go 24

United States

#32 Feb 12, 2010
I like Kyle, got his autograph in Charlotte, and he was very personable and sweet, but I too miss Jimmy on nascar now/victory lane, he tells it like it is, I don't always agree but most of the time hes spot on. I'm also so sick of seeing Dave Despain, he most be cheap for speed network.
racing88

Jacksonville, FL

#33 Feb 12, 2010
hey nascar you say you are listening to the fans about what we wan't! WE WAN'T JIMMIE BACK!!!!!!!!!!so please listen to all of us now!!!!!!!!!!
Chad from Walled Lake

Farmington, MI

#34 Feb 12, 2010
Race Day now sucks!! Jimmy and Kenny were great together, Kyle doesn't have the right personalty for the job. BRING BACK MR.EXCITEMENT!!!!!
mike

United States

#35 Feb 12, 2010
Looks like another NBC/Leno screw up.

“Get out of MY country!!”

Since: Feb 10

HopBotton in Pennsyltucky....

#36 Feb 12, 2010
Jimmy AND Kyle BOTH SUCK!! So duz NASCAR
Sam

Bishop, CA

#37 Feb 13, 2010
Kyle needs to stay at the Camp and do what he does best there. He comes across as an arrogant know it all, who doesn't. Bring back Jimmy.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#38 Feb 13, 2010
To begins, neither of these men work for NASCAR. NARCAR didn't hire either one of them to do anything. The SPEED Channel hired them. Face it Folks, Jimmy Spencer is about as intertaining as watching a retarded child trying to be a T.V. personality. Kyle isn't much better only he is totally lost because he doesn't have another idiot to play with like Jimmy did. But both of these men have a saving grace, they're both better on their worst day than Michael Waltrip. I'm so sick of that damn idiot. Him and his dumbass brother is the reason viewership is down on T.V.
Sam

Bishop, CA

#39 Feb 13, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
To begins, neither of these men work for NASCAR. NARCAR didn't hire either one of them to do anything. The SPEED Channel hired them. Face it Folks, Jimmy Spencer is about as intertaining as watching a retarded child trying to be a T.V. personality. Kyle isn't much better only he is totally lost because he doesn't have another idiot to play with like Jimmy did. But both of these men have a saving grace, they're both better on their worst day than Michael Waltrip. I'm so sick of that damn idiot. Him and his dumbass brother is the reason viewership is down on T.V.
First, it infuriated me when educationally challenged people like yourself use the word "retarded". You apparently have nobody near and dear to you who are unfortunate enough to suffer from such a condition. I do and people like you offend me. You act like you are so smart but you show just how classless you are with your comments. You disgust me.
really

Elizabeth, NJ

#41 Feb 13, 2010
ol wall wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds an awful lot about like.......POS, also!
10-4?
I would call you a POS but than I would be insulting shit! 10-4?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petty Enterprises Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
News Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
News Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
News Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
News Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
News Friends roast absent Darrell Waltrip for charity (Oct '11) Oct '11 acrim 3
News Pattie Petty diagnosed with Parkinson's disease (Oct '11) Oct '11 Tier 1
More from around the web