Sources: Petty Enterprise in merger talks

Multiple people familiar with the talks told the AP on Thursday that the two teams were discussing a deal that would merge Petty's famed No. Full Story
Anonymous

Chapel Hill, NC

#1 Dec 4, 2008
Merger news? Someone earlier said they were done, finito. what a hoot!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Dec 5, 2008
The latest is Petty is taling with Gem about a merger. How can he merge with Gem they have a beer sponsor? Petty has always run away from anything with a beer loco and refused to run the Bud shootout. I was just wondering how he can join
in with a Beer Sponsor team???? Anyone have the
answer..........
CRJ

Dickson, TN

#3 Dec 5, 2008
Because the Petty's do not have controlling interest anymore is how they can team up with them! I mean after all, the guy running Petty Enterprises use to work for Playboy! The Petty's are done in the sport, if this merger is true and Chad McCumbee's Cup career, if you call what he had one, is finished! Kyle Petty ran Petty Enterprises in the ground! As much as i respect for what they've done for Victory Junction Camp it has come at the cost of the future of Petty Enterprises. I lost alot of respect for Kyle when he said he only races to keep attention for the Charity, and that's not why to race! You do it to be competitive and to do it because you love it, not for the goodness of a charity! That seat should've been given up to a young guy like Carl Edwards or Jimmie Johnson which they could've gotten around the time Adam died, but they didnt get on the young guy train and instead jumped off when Adam died. Whether Adam had it or not i dont know, but i'd love to have seen it, but they should've kept the racing business alive and competitive and should've put as much focus on it as they have for their charity and have hired those two guys instead of getting these idiots such as John Andretti and Jeff Green to drive the famed 43 car! I have no sympathy for the Petty's for they done this to themselves! They gave up the racing business for a charity, plan and simple and im sure ill get critized for these comments but that's the way i feel. I have the same to say about DEI and same deal with Earnhardt Sr and Adam Petty and Kyle Petty and Teresa Earnhardt are the characters too!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Nov 10, 2010
they didnt get on the young guy train and instead jumped off when Adam died

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Petty Enterprises Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women doing well on track (Jul '13) Jul '13 IceMan PJN 3
Kyle Petty was worse driver than Danica Patrick (Jul '13) Jul '13 Alto 5
Kyle Petty on Danica Patrick: 'She's not a race... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jorge 3
Predicting Which Current Drivers Will Make the ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 redrum 41
Fans Can Now Vote Their Favorite Driver into th... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grandpaw Whitey 7
Friends roast absent Darrell Waltrip for charity (Oct '11) Oct '11 acrim 3
Pattie Petty diagnosed with Parkinson's disease (Oct '11) Oct '11 Tier 1
More from around the web