Will Mark Martin Be A Contender?

Will Mark Martin Be A Contender?

There are 189 comments on the The Frontstretch story from Jan 29, 2009, titled Will Mark Martin Be A Contender?. In it, The Frontstretch reports that:

The Frontstretch: 2009 Season Preview : Will Mark Martin Be A Contender? by Frontstretch Staff -- Thursday January 29, 2009 YOU After another long offseason, NASCAR is set to return to our lives with the 31st ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Frontstretch.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Pete

AOL

#2 Jan 29, 2009
no he's to old and rusty.hms cheats.

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#3 Jan 29, 2009
Pete wrote:
no he's to old and rusty.hms cheats.
Awww Shuddup Pete! No one cares what you think!
Twyla

Littleton, CO

#4 Jan 29, 2009
All Mark is doing is setting himself up for more heartache.
MISSU3

Houston, TX

#5 Jan 29, 2009
Glad to know how confident Martin is. I'll make sure to stick extra pins in my Martin Doll for the 500. Over the hill! Ride off into the sunset with wife and children and call it a career!

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#6 Jan 29, 2009
MISSU3 wrote:
Glad to know how confident Martin is. I'll make sure to stick extra pins in my Martin Doll for the 500. Over the hill! Ride off into the sunset with wife and children and call it a career!
Little bitter aren't we? Better hope no one has a Kyle doll.
JOHN

Mooresville, NC

#7 Jan 29, 2009
Wow...There are some real Idiots out there.

The old man can still get it done, or Rick Hendrick would not be offering him a ride. Think about that for a minute. Why wasn't he out trying to tie down one of the "younger guys" if Mark is all washed up.

Nascar has "cheated" him out of so much over his career, it is not even funny. 90 championship, 07 500. It will be nice to see him driving for a team "Nascar" respects.

Keep sticking those Pins in your doll. I hope you sit on it and catch gang green from the dirty needles.

Mark will be in Victory lane more then once this year.
Dalesgirl

Cleveland, OH

#8 Jan 29, 2009
No
good news

Ashburn, VA

#11 Jan 31, 2009
yes
Still a fan

United States

#12 Jan 31, 2009
I am just a Nascar fan, Mark will get it done. Hendrick brought back Terry Labonte and he won a championship after 10 plus years from his first championship. You know what kind of motor Hendrick has under the hood.
Cootie coo

Littleton, CO

#13 Jan 31, 2009
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true
TSTEWFAN

Syracuse, NY

#14 Jan 31, 2009
Twyla wrote:
All Mark is doing is setting himself up for more heartache.
I agree. I like Mark Martin, but following all the hoopla in his Salute to You tour, supposed to be his last year racing, and then boom, he's back. I'm afraid he will end up like Kyle Petty, wishing he had ended his career before it got so bad. IMO, Hendrick signed him up as he did Jr...for all the $ in souvenier sales.
I think

Greenfield, IN

#15 Jan 31, 2009
I think if there ever was a time for him to do it that time is now. He's in the top equipment there's no way he forgot how to drive he proved that last year. I seriously doubt he's the next Kyle Petty basically because Kyle Petty never accomplished anything. Let the season get underway then we'll all know. I saw something the other day on here about the number of races he's been in and the wins. Well one thing that wasn't included was his top 5's and 10's now we know that's not a win but it does count for something.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#16 Jan 31, 2009
TSTEWFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I like Mark Martin, but following all the hoopla in his Salute to You tour, supposed to be his last year racing, and then boom, he's back. I'm afraid he will end up like Kyle Petty, wishing he had ended his career before it got so bad. IMO, Hendrick signed him up as he did Jr...for all the $ in souvenier sales.
UM, Jr came to Hendrick to win races, but the souvenirs help too.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#17 Jan 31, 2009
TSFan, what do you have against Jr?
Kornback Rattler

“NEXT!!”

Land of Enchantment

#18 Jan 31, 2009
Mark Martin was never good enough to be champion, period, but still a better driver than JR88SUX.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Carlsville

#19 Jan 31, 2009
Kornback Rattler wrote:
Mark Martin was never good enough to be champion, period, but still a better driver than JR88SUX.
Well, That leaves a lot to be desired, Kornbackrattlersux.
Kornback Rattler

“NEXT!!”

Land of Enchantment

#20 Jan 31, 2009
What leaves a lot to be desired?

Are you hitting on me again?
TSTEWFAN

Syracuse, NY

#21 Feb 1, 2009
99 Lisa 18 wrote:
TSFan, what do you have against Jr?
Hey Lisa-I don't have anything against Jr. He's a nice enough guy, but I pick my favorite drivers based on their racing ability, and there's just better drivers out there. Heck, if I picked my favorite drivers based on their personality, I wouldn't be a TS fan...LOL. I have to admit, he's gotten better over the last few years.

Enjoy the Super Bowl...GO STEELERS!!!

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Kyle Universe

#22 Feb 1, 2009
TSTEWFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lisa-I don't have anything against Jr. He's a nice enough guy, but I pick my favorite drivers based on their racing ability, and there's just better drivers out there. Heck, if I picked my favorite drivers based on their personality, I wouldn't be a TS fan...LOL. I have to admit, he's gotten better over the last few years.
Enjoy the Super Bowl...GO STEELERS!!!
lol. Yes he has. I think Tony will win races and make the chase.
Jessy

Chardon, OH

#25 Feb 10, 2009
If you love a sport, you'll play it till the end. He's got what it takes to make all the rookies sweat. Age has nothing to do with talent, and talent is what it takes to get the job done! Other than Petty and Earnhardt Sr, no one else can last as long as he has. Not now adays.
In the old days, when it was about the love of the sport, not the price of the paycheck. That's all these kids care about now adays.
Marks gonna be around for a long while yet. And when he does retire, he'll go out with the same enthusiasm, and talent as he's been running all these years!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Shepherd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBC Sports Group's Formula One Continues Sunday (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News The Player: DP Customs' Racy 1200 Sportster (Jan '15) Jan '15 fastharryDOTcom 1
News Shepherd Accident Raises Age Question in NASCAR (Jul '14) Jul '14 SNOW 6
News NASCAR suspends Aric Almirola's Crew Chief Todd... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 3
News Joshua Lobdell: Did NASCAR go far enough in its... (Sep '13) Sep '13 WHOYAKIDDING 3
News Ranking the 10 Greatest Mustaches in NASCAR His... (Jun '13) Jun '13 OverPricedCruze 2
News NASCAR's Governing Body Needs to Get Its Act To... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Barr 1
More from around the web