NASCAR notes: Stewart lookiing for 1st win at Talladega

Full story: The Herald

Also items on Casey Mears and Paul Menard TALLADEGA, Alabama - Tony Stewart has a pair of winless streaks he wants to end on Sunday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Clint Bowyer

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Judged:

Smoke has joined the land of the failures

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Judged:

Smoke belongs to the group of racers who race... they don't hold back the entire race until their crew cheifs get their heads together and say "OK, guys, it is time to form a line and push to the front".. like Chad and Steve and Alan did last year.. there were guys on Dega last year who despite being told it could be a melee of crashes, drove the COT as they drove the stock car before the COT, bump drafting, jokeying for the lead while most of the rest of the guys stayed in parade formation all day long, until those HMS crew cheifs told their robotic drivers (I won't even call them racers) that it was time to form a line and push to the front... Thank GOD for the guys like Tony, Carl, Kyle, Clint, the Biff and even Michael Waltrip who race every single lap of every single race no matter which track it is to better their position.. those robotic guys who follow commands might get the wins via strategy, but they are not the ones who make the entire 4 hours of racing worth watching.. so for fans who watch the racing, whether it be in the front, midpack or the back, I speak for you and know that you enjoy a good race no matter which guy acheives passing for whatever position to finish better.. I just wish they would quit making the first pit stall available to the guy who comes only to race for that cuz those other laps... they just don't matter to his crew cheif.. not with the COT... NASCAR, the cOT, Chad, Rick Hendrick.. they ruined racing the last 2 years.. now THANK GOD Rousch has cuaght up so Carl and the biff's racing skills can get them on Jimmie's bumper as he leaves pit road after the last pit stop ,,, the only time he cares to lead cuz you don't want to race if you don't have to right Jimmie???
the people who like to watch Chad and Jimmie manipulate a race could also be entertained by dissecting what happens to their food as it cooks...Chad and Jimmie cook the perfect sauce each week... wow,, fun... get out of the way, give up the first pit stall and you are NOTHING!!!
oh, and what racer take commands from the owner to tell him which position is his in the line of cars at a restrictor plate track?? I hope when they see that train of HMS cars coming today, that ANYONE....has the balls to jump in front of it and either wreck it or ride it out to win.

in closing, I want to thank the racers who entertain us for hours of racing for position each lap.,. thank you for that guys.. it is much harder to race the entire race instead of just for the first pit stall and there are NASCAR fans smart enough to realize what you do..

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Good morning Debi
I think Jr and Tony if they have decent cars will fight to get to the front. I cannot see either one
of them hanging back.I just hope they both can stay out of wrecks because it's crazy when that flag drops. They will entertain us if they get a fighting chance. Have a good day. I pray all the racers can stay safe....

“Obama Express”

yes we can*health reform**

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

snow wrote:
Good morning Debi
I think Jr and Tony if they have decent cars will fight to get to the front. I cannot see either one
of them hanging back.I just hope they both can stay out of wrecks because it's crazy when that flag drops. They will entertain us if they get a fighting chance. Have a good day. I pray all the racers can stay safe....
jeff an jr. are going to work together today.
the two best restricterplate drivers in nascar.
its about time nascar.com has a good story about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>jeff an jr. are going to work together today.
the two best restricterplate drivers in nascar.
its about time nascar.com has a good story about it.
Andy they have done that before and Jeff got mad at Jr. I don't know if being teammates will change that or not. I just hope they use common sense and avoid the wrecks. You enjoy the race.

“Obama Express”

yes we can*health reform**

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

snow wrote:
<quoted text>Andy they have done that before and Jeff got mad at Jr. I don't know if being teammates will change that or not. I just hope they use common sense and avoid the wrecks. You enjoy the race.
they will be smart.
happy dega race day.
Missy

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2008

I cant wait to see next weeks race I hope Kasey or Jimmie gets the pole.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Paul Menard Discussions

Search the Paul Menard Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... May '14 Lola24 2
NASCAR: 5 Reasons Why We'll See Danica Patrick ... (Dec '12) Jan '13 duh1 16
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Gordon alleges RCR orders altered Richmond finish (Sep '11) Nov '11 Duh 11
Who's Hot / Who's Not in NASCAR: Dover-Kansas E... (Oct '11) Oct '11 yup 1
Stewart leads late, but loses at Brickyard (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ricky Bobby 43
Menard Inching Closer To Chase Spot (Aug '11) Aug '11 menards 1
•••
•••