Tempers rising with Chase stakes

Tempers rising with Chase stakes

There are 7 comments on the CBS SportsLine.com story from Sep 24, 2007, titled Tempers rising with Chase stakes. In it, CBS SportsLine.com reports that:

“If there was one place I was worried about, it was here”

The tension in this Chase for the championship was evident after the first pit stop at Dover, where title contender Tony Stewart angrily bumped Paul Menard because the rookie crowded him. via CBS SportsLine.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS SportsLine.com.

deejay

AOL

#1 Sep 26, 2007
Tony should of been brought before the board and fined, but they don"t touch their golden boy. He is not the driver they try to make him out to be. He is best at complaining and blaming everyone else.

Since: Dec 06

South FL

#2 Sep 26, 2007
deejay wrote:
Tony should of been brought before the board and fined, but they don"t touch their golden boy. He is not the driver they try to make him out to be. He is best at complaining and blaming everyone else.
You only wish Tony weren't the driver that he is....Yeah..he does his share of whining and complaiing...but when it comes to driving..he's the best!!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 26, 2007
deejay wrote:
Tony is hardly considered the 'Golden Boy' by Nascar. Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson, perhaps, but certainly not Tony.

The reason he does all that complaining is because he rarely gets a break!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#4 Sep 26, 2007
Why in the world should anyone want a driver fined by NASCAR for rubbing another drivers bumper on pit road to let him know to get his butt in gear that they are being passed on pit road. It appeared to me he blocking Smoke and dragging along on purpose. I don't blame any driver for coming up and putting a doughnut in someone' door doing them that way. In the forty some years I have been watching NASCAR I can't ever remember someone being fined for the same thing.

Lubbock, TX

#5 Sep 26, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
Why in the world should anyone want a driver fined by NASCAR for rubbing another drivers bumper on pit road to let him know to get his butt in gear that they are being passed on pit road. It appeared to me he blocking Smoke and dragging along on purpose. I don't blame any driver for coming up and putting a doughnut in someone' door doing them that way. In the forty some years I have been watching NASCAR I can't ever remember someone being fined for the same thing.
Well put. Move your azz over and let teh others go by if you aren't going to go pit road speed.

Since: Apr 07

Malvern, PA

#7 Sep 26, 2007
deejay wrote:
You really need to focus on the items on the track that are of real concern. Obviously, you haven't paid much attention to what goes on week in and week out on the track to know that that was not a fineable action. You also haven't listened to drivers and commentators who regularly state that Tony is the best driver out there. Go back and watch your soaps...Nascar isn't your sport.

South FL

#8 Sep 27, 2007
Whoyakidding wrote:
FINALLY!! A Jeff Gordon fan that I agree with!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Menard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... (May '14) May '14 Lola24 2
News NASCAR: 5 Reasons Why We'll See Danica Patrick ... (Dec '12) Jan '13 duh1 16
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Gordon alleges RCR orders altered Richmond finish (Sep '11) Nov '11 Duh 11
News Who's Hot / Who's Not in NASCAR: Dover-Kansas E... (Oct '11) Oct '11 yup 1
News Stewart leads late, but loses at Brickyard (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ricky Bobby 43
News Menard Inching Closer To Chase Spot (Aug '11) Aug '11 menards 1
More from around the web