DEI interested in purchasing Yates' N...

DEI interested in purchasing Yates' No. 88

There are 3 comments on the NASCAR Winston Cup Scene story from Nov 12, 2006, titled DEI interested in purchasing Yates' No. 88. In it, NASCAR Winston Cup Scene reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Inc.'s interest in purchasing the No. 88 team of Robert Yates Racing is about real estate, not owner points.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NASCAR Winston Cup Scene.

MYLO

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 13, 2006
RCR DEI Fan wrote:
I have read that DEI is really interesting in purchasing the whole RYR organization and if that happens, what happens with Gilliland and the M&M's sponsorship and team? If M&M's was to stay and it made DEI a four car organization, would they release Gilliland and who would they replace him with? I hope DEI is able to purchase Yates out completely cause it would catch DEI up with Hendrick and Roush on teammates and would help strengthen Earnhardt and Truex. It just really suprises me that DEI is interested in expanding because honestly, i thought DEI would only be afloat for only a couple more years before Teresa sold out to someone else.
IT ONLY MAKES SENSE THAT THEY WOULD KEEP IT TO MAKE THEMSELVES STRONGER. BESIDES DALE JR. AND KELLY WOULDN'T ALLOW IT. ITS NOT IN THERE BEST INTEREST TO SELL IT.
Theo

United States

#3 Nov 13, 2006
Maybe I'm speaking out of turn, but it might appear that RYR shot himself in the foot and so did, maybe, one of his sponsors? Can you say M&M's Mars?

It was rumored & in the news (earlier) that Robby Gorden wanted to throw in with RYR. That fell through. When you've got s___ in one hand and wish in the other - what have you got? S___!

RYR: lost it's two top drivers.(DJ & ES). Has motors that are not performing. Has FORD. Lost a major sponsor (UPS).

Candy Man: Ernie Irvin & ES.(yes!) David Gilliand? Your opinion.

Don't forget, DEI has also got Busch teams and Dale Jr. ain't afraid to throw a buck or two around for something "new". He has separate deal from DEI so he's good to go.
mylo

United States

#4 Nov 13, 2006
Theo wrote:
Maybe I'm speaking out of turn, but it might appear that RYR shot himself in the foot and so did, maybe, one of his sponsors? Can you say M&M's Mars?
It was rumored & in the news (earlier) that Robby Gorden wanted to throw in with RYR. That fell through. When you've got s___ in one hand and wish in the other - what have you got? S___!
RYR: lost it's two top drivers.(DJ & ES). Has motors that are not performing. Has FORD. Lost a major sponsor (UPS).
Candy Man: Ernie Irvin & ES.(yes!) David Gilliand? Your opinion.
Don't forget, DEI has also got Busch teams and Dale Jr. ain't afraid to throw a buck or two around for something "new". He has separate deal from DEI so he's good to go.
your absolutely right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Menard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... (May '14) May '14 Lola24 2
News NASCAR: 5 Reasons Why We'll See Danica Patrick ... (Dec '12) Jan '13 duh1 16
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Gordon alleges RCR orders altered Richmond finish (Sep '11) Nov '11 Duh 11
News Who's Hot / Who's Not in NASCAR: Dover-Kansas E... (Oct '11) Oct '11 yup 1
News Stewart leads late, but loses at Brickyard (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ricky Bobby 43
News Menard Inching Closer To Chase Spot (Aug '11) Aug '11 menards 1
More from around the web