Tony a tiger -- in wrong ways

Tony a tiger -- in wrong ways

There are 61 comments on the Lincoln-Way Sun story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Tony a tiger -- in wrong ways. In it, Lincoln-Way Sun reports that:

Tony Stewart might be NASCAR's most talented driver, and he's undoubtedly the most volatile.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lincoln-Way Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
leo from shanghai

United States

#1 Oct 17, 2007
tony stewart is the 2nd coming of the great A.J. FOYT! LET TONY BE TONY!!!

Since: Oct 07

Norwood, On

#2 Oct 17, 2007
Why are most reporters so down on Tony. I would rather see my driver show his emotions than sme of these drivers who act like robots

“Jack Daniels 07 Post Daytona”

Since: Feb 07

Newport, KY

#3 Oct 17, 2007
Princess Roo wrote:
Why are most reporters so down on Tony. I would rather see my driver show his emotions than sme of these drivers who act like robots
They jump on the bandwagon. They make big deals out of things that aren't PC, but don't have a clue what Nascar was founded on.

Bullshit if you ask me. Slow days in media rooms provide bullshit stories too.

“Bye old girl, you been great. ”

Bradenton, FL

#4 Oct 17, 2007
Princess Roo wrote:
Like I said just be ready for things like this its common and most of us fans just go well there another one for the scrap book.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#5 Oct 17, 2007
Tony is the only driver out there that has big enough shoulders and pride to take that kind of media bashing.

if it weren't for tony, who would they write about? As Big20Fan wrote, we are all used to it.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#6 Oct 17, 2007
same article as yesterdays.. reporter Jenna does not like Tony and she can spread her venom all across the world because she is a girl reporting on NASCAR with the associated press..

“Not insane”

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Oct 17, 2007
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story... is a much better article about Tony's attitude.
Stewart fans have Tony's sense of humor. We have to because of all the bashing we get.

Bradenton, FL

#9 Oct 17, 2007
revvinjim wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/ columns/story?seriesId=2&c olumnist=smith_marty&id=30 56819&lpos=spotlight&l id=tab3pos1 is a much better article about Tony's attitude.
Stewart fans have Tony's sense of humor. We have to because of all the bashing we get.
I hate to say this but that is one of the better write ups I've seen on Stewart and the scary thing is it came for ESPN. Thou Marty Smith has been around the sport more, and knows Tony alittle better. Probably only reason Stewart agreed in doing it. Marty use to write for NASCAR.com and was part of Fox for alittle bit I think.

Since: Apr 07

AOL

#10 Oct 17, 2007
Princess Roo wrote:
Sometimes I think they say things to piss him off so they could get "another Tony blows up story".

“max hamilton's mommy!!! ”

Since: Aug 07

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Oct 17, 2007
because they are jealous - the write is most likely a Jimmie Johnson fan.... cheaters...
Princess Roo wrote:

Location hidden

#12 Oct 17, 2007
Princess Roo wrote:
They are all down on Tony because that's where all of their wives would like to be...

(Warning-you may have to read that twice to get it.)

(as I crawl to a dark corner and hide my face now...)

Since: Apr 07

AOL

#13 Oct 17, 2007
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all down on Tony because that's where all of their wives would like to be...
LOL

Location hidden

#14 Oct 17, 2007
LMAO!
eighty one an counting

Nampa, ID

#15 Oct 17, 2007
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
now''i know your joking on that comment.it only took me once to understand it''''

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#16 Oct 17, 2007
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Something about being down on someone....

Bradenton, FL

#17 Oct 17, 2007
Tony Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL your so bad.

Norwood, On

#18 Oct 17, 2007
After a very long day at work, you gave me my laugh for the day.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#19 Oct 17, 2007
Love him or hate, everyone that knows anything about Smoke has to agree on two things about him. First he is one of the top 3 most talented drivers in NASCAR today. Second, the man is his own worst enemy. Smoke gets up on the wheel and runs one for all it's worth the whole race, some times to a fault. On a couple of occassions this year he had the car to beat if he had eased up and saved a little for the end. Some driver's competitive side will not allow them to race this way though. As for being his own worst enemy, I mean there are times that his emotion gets the best of him and puts him a bad situation. That's as negative as I can be about it because I have that same tendency myself. Smoke is far from being out of the chase. Should the leaders falter one tiny bit, he is plenty capable to moving to the lead.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#20 Oct 17, 2007
leo from shanghai wrote:
tony stewart is the 2nd coming of the great A.J. FOYT! LET TONY BE TONY!!!
I love Foyt :) They're good friends too, Foyt almost had him signed God I wish we would have signed him. They are alot alike

Location hidden

#21 Oct 18, 2007
Pocono Race Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I knew you'd like that one...

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Menard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... (May '14) May '14 Lola24 2
News NASCAR: 5 Reasons Why We'll See Danica Patrick ... (Dec '12) Jan '13 duh1 16
News Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
News Gordon alleges RCR orders altered Richmond finish (Sep '11) Nov '11 Duh 11
News Who's Hot / Who's Not in NASCAR: Dover-Kansas E... (Oct '11) Oct '11 yup 1
News Stewart leads late, but loses at Brickyard (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ricky Bobby 43
News Menard Inching Closer To Chase Spot (Aug '11) Aug '11 menards 1
More from around the web