DEI in need of a dramatic pause

Earnhardt Jr.'s slow start to '07 add to drama at DEI Posted: Tuesday February 27, 2007 12:09PM; Updated: Tuesday February 27, 2007 12:09PM Wrecks and engine troubles have left Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Martin ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Do what you must!”

Since: Dec 06

Brooklyn, New York

#1 Mar 4, 2007
It's only two races in the season. I'm sure they'll evaluated the situation and fix it. Hopefully this off week helped them.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#2 Mar 6, 2007
Pisses me off. Looks like another wasted season. When is Teresa going to get the hell out of the picture?

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#3 Mar 6, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
Pisses me off. Looks like another wasted season. When is Teresa going to get the hell out of the picture?
Never. I think Jr will have to leave her.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#4 Mar 6, 2007
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Never. I think Jr will have to leave her.
Oh yeah, You want to fight about it?
montgomery

Luverne, AL

#5 Mar 6, 2007
It is not Teresa! Jr can't blame the car every week. martin had a good car in the first race also.Stop blaming Teresa for everything that goes on with Jr. He is the one in control on the track if he can't get the job done get out and let someone that can do it.

“Do what you must!”

Brooklyn, New York

#6 Mar 6, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
I don't think that it's another wasted season. It's only two races into the season. He was in a wreck at Daytona and had engine trouble at California. You can't blame that on Teresa either ! I don't think she hire someone to wreck Jr. just to piss him off.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#7 Mar 7, 2007
Vixen wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think that it's another wasted season. It's only two races into the season. He was in a wreck at Daytona and had engine trouble at California. You can't blame that on Teresa either ! I don't think she hire someone to wreck Jr. just to piss him off.
The blown engines were the result of not doing their homework on the new unleaded fuel. This is a big change just like the cars of tomorrow.- So if it turns out they did'nt do the R&d then yes it is her fault for not being on top of things. She needs to go. A true owner has all the right people in place and spends the money necessary to be successful. They don't even have all the top high tech equipment the other teams have.
mee

Samson, AL

#8 Mar 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>The blown engines were the result of not doing their homework on the new unleaded fuel. This is a big change just like the cars of tomorrow.- So if it turns out they did'nt do the R&d then yes it is her fault for not being on top of things. She needs to go. A true owner has all the right people in place and spends the money necessary to be successful. They don't even have all the top high tech equipment the other teams have.
Chief, in your opinion do you really think it's because of the unleaded fuel? I ask this because they've been having engine problems for awhile now, even before the unleaded fuel. I'm starting to wonder if it's more than that. Not enough R&D overall?
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#9 Mar 7, 2007
mee wrote:
<quoted text>
Chief, in your opinion do you really think it's because of the unleaded fuel? I ask this because they've been having engine problems for awhile now, even before the unleaded fuel. I'm starting to wonder if it's more than that. Not enough R&D overall?
Good question! I feel you are exactly right about the engine problems they already had. But I don't think that was the same issue. Those previous problems seemed to be related to lack of horsepower but they were not blowing them up. At California, they blew two of three engines and it seemed to me that they did'nt do the work necassary to be able to run the unleaded fuel. Remember they were not the only ones blowing engines that day so that is why I say this. I also heard that Robert Yates spent a million dollars on R&D for Engine Valves alone. I don't think DEI did. Although I did hear last night on XM radio that JR. released a statement saying that they found the problem and they are fixing it. I sure as hell hope so. My problem is this. DEI is no longer a new organization and there is no excuse for all these problems they are having. To me, It boils down to poor management that starts at the top with Teresa Earnhardt. I think this is the reason Jr. wants control or he is leaving. He is tired of the poor performances and wants it fixed. I guarantee if the old man was alive, heads would have rolled long time ago!!!! This shit has to end and end now! TERESA NEEDS TO GO SIT ON THE YACHT AND LET THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW RACING FIX HER F**K UPS....

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#10 Mar 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>The blown engines were the result of not doing their homework on the new unleaded fuel. This is a big change just like the cars of tomorrow.- So if it turns out they did'nt do the R&d then yes it is her fault for not being on top of things. She needs to go. A true owner has all the right people in place and spends the money necessary to be successful. They don't even have all the top high tech equipment the other teams have.
Snow day today. Is this newfuel some kind of mixture? WhenJr blew his engine they said something about the fuel being mixed right.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#11 Mar 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Good question! I feel you are exactly right about the engine problems they already had. But I don't think that was the same issue. Those previous problems seemed to be related to lack of horsepower but they were not blowing them up. At California, they blew two of three engines and it seemed to me that they did'nt do the work necassary to be able to run the unleaded fuel. Remember they were not the only ones blowing engines that day so that is why I say this. I also heard that Robert Yates spent a million dollars on R&D for Engine Valves alone. I don't think DEI did. Although I did hear last night on XM radio that JR. released a statement saying that they found the problem and they are fixing it. I sure as hell hope so. My problem is this. DEI is no longer a new organization and there is no excuse for all these problems they are having. To me, It boils down to poor management that starts at the top with Teresa Earnhardt. I think this is the reason Jr. wants control or he is leaving. He is tired of the poor performances and wants it fixed. I guarantee if the old man was alive, heads would have rolled long time ago!!!! This shit has to end and end now! TERESA NEEDS TO GO SIT ON THE YACHT AND LET THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW RACING FIX HER F**K UPS....
WOW. Hostiity. I luv it.
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#12 Mar 7, 2007
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Snow day today. Is this newfuel some kind of mixture? WhenJr blew his engine they said something about the fuel being mixed right.
Hey honey, you got me? I thought all Nascar is supplied by one company out of one tank. I think it is Sunoco because remember when Harvick won Daytona they were pissed he had all the Shell sponsor stuff in victory lane and it was overshadowing the Sunoco stuff. The only team I know of that mixes their fuel is Waltrips and we all know what they did to them. Snow day? Yeah right! You just could'nt stand being away from me that long could you?

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#13 Mar 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Hey honey, you got me? I thought all Nascar is supplied by one company out of one tank. I think it is Sunoco because remember when Harvick won Daytona they were pissed he had all the Shell sponsor stuff in victory lane and it was overshadowing the Sunoco stuff. The only team I know of that mixes their fuel is Waltrips and we all know what they did to them. Snow day? Yeah right! You just could'nt stand being away from me that long could you?
Busted.
mee

Samson, AL

#14 Mar 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Good question! I feel you are exactly right about the engine problems they already had. But I don't think that was the same issue. Those previous problems seemed to be related to lack of horsepower but they were not blowing them up. At California, they blew two of three engines and it seemed to me that they did'nt do the work necassary to be able to run the unleaded fuel. Remember they were not the only ones blowing engines that day so that is why I say this. I also heard that Robert Yates spent a million dollars on R&D for Engine Valves alone. I don't think DEI did. Although I did hear last night on XM radio that JR. released a statement saying that they found the problem and they are fixing it. I sure as hell hope so. My problem is this. DEI is no longer a new organization and there is no excuse for all these problems they are having. To me, It boils down to poor management that starts at the top with Teresa Earnhardt. I think this is the reason Jr. wants control or he is leaving. He is tired of the poor performances and wants it fixed. I guarantee if the old man was alive, heads would have rolled long time ago!!!! This shit has to end and end now! TERESA NEEDS TO GO SIT ON THE YACHT AND LET THE PEOPLE THAT KNOW RACING FIX HER F**K UPS....
Oh yeah, I could imagine what Dale would've said about all this. They would've long since been past this issue if he were still here. I don't understand why Teresa can't see that that is what Dale would've wanted too. I think that's why Jr wanted to get ownership too, he's tired of having to fight Teresa tooth & nail to get what he knows the cars need. They may have found the problem this time, what about from here on out? That still worries me. I think Teresa needs to worry less about marketing & start focusing on the damn cars before there is nothing left to market. Or should I say, let the people who know how to take care of the cars do it. She can take care of the marketing or whatever it is she takes care of on the yacht.
montgomery

Luverne, AL

#15 Mar 7, 2007
dale would have not wanted jr.to have majority. he would have wanted it for all the kids kerry,kelly,jr,taylor. teresa is no fool,she knows if jr. get majority she will be the first to go. kelly will take the role of running it. i don't see teresa giving up majority..
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#16 Mar 7, 2007
mee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I could imagine what Dale would've said about all this. They would've long since been past this issue if he were still here. I don't understand why Teresa can't see that that is what Dale would've wanted too. I think that's why Jr wanted to get ownership too, he's tired of having to fight Teresa tooth & nail to get what he knows the cars need. They may have found the problem this time, what about from here on out? That still worries me. I think Teresa needs to worry less about marketing & start focusing on the damn cars before there is nothing left to market. Or should I say, let the people who know how to take care of the cars do it. She can take care of the marketing or whatever it is she takes care of on the yacht.
I would add to that but you pretty much said it all. We defiinitely think alike on this subject. Nice Posts by mee and me!
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#17 Mar 7, 2007
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Busted.
Busted? At least I did'nt catch you doing what I was doing the other night. Not yet anyway!

“Do what you must!”

Brooklyn, New York

#18 Mar 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
Are you kidding me. DEI is not the only one that have been having problems with its engine. Yes they lost some engine when they were testing and thought that they fixed the problem with it, but I guess they didn't.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6530612

You can't blame her for all the wrong at DEI and then not give her any credit for when they win or finish high in the points,that's just unfair.
mee

Samson, AL

#19 Mar 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Busted? At least I did'nt catch you doing what I was doing the other night. Not yet anyway!
I ain't even going to ask about that one, lol.

“Do what you must!”

Brooklyn, New York

#20 Mar 7, 2007
TB Chief wrote:
<quoted text>Busted? At least I did'nt catch you doing what I was doing the other night. Not yet anyway!
I don't even want to know. That other thread I'm on have me not thinking good things BUT good luck with that!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Menard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... May '14 Lola24 2
NASCAR: 5 Reasons Why We'll See Danica Patrick ... (Dec '12) Jan '13 duh1 16
Lap-by-Lap (Oct '12) Oct '12 Carole 1
Gordon alleges RCR orders altered Richmond finish (Sep '11) Nov '11 Duh 11
Who's Hot / Who's Not in NASCAR: Dover-Kansas E... (Oct '11) Oct '11 yup 1
Stewart leads late, but loses at Brickyard (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ricky Bobby 43
Menard Inching Closer To Chase Spot (Aug '11) Aug '11 menards 1

Paul Menard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE